Author Topic: NBA Master Thread  (Read 765463 times)

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Master Thread
« Reply #2220 on: July 01, 2016, 09:54:20 AM »
Eh, the Knicks havent been serious about winning in nearly 2 decades.
I hope it works out for them but they are getting two injury prone players.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline dealfinder85

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: July 01, 2016, 09:56:53 AM »
rose is just taking a flyer on a guy for 1 year. no risk, potential reward
as for noah, KP isnt exactly gonna battle down low for rebounds and stop guys underneath defensively. they need a guy like noah. if he is healthy, its a great signing. if hes not, well, at least mosgovs contract should distract ppl from ripping the noah one

Offline elit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: July 01, 2016, 10:07:30 AM »
The knicks are making a real push to win the 2011 nba championship (not my line)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2223 on: July 01, 2016, 10:11:35 AM »
What are the Lakers thinking? http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16661921/timofey-mozgov-los-angeles-lakers-talks-four-year-64-million-deal
Insane!

Did ask the same question when CLE gave two first round picks for him?
He played decent enouigh in 14-15. He never showed up in 15-16.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2224 on: July 01, 2016, 10:12:49 AM »
If Mozzie is a $16MM man, what would LeBron be with no cap?
$160MM?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #2225 on: July 01, 2016, 10:14:13 AM »
The knicks are making a real push to win the 2011 nba championship (not my line)
Nice, ya nothing about those 2 trades show me a team that is serious about winning now. Maybe they will also sign Jordan and Kobe so they can say they signed the best team ever assembled.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline dealfinder85

• View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: July 01, 2016, 10:16:22 AM »
Nice, ya nothing about those 2 trades show me a team that is serious about winning now. Maybe they will also sign Jordan and Kobe so they can say they signed the best team ever assembled.
um...whats wrong with trading some mediocre talent for a guy who has been an mvp, and is past his prime, but who knows how he does with a change of scenery? cost them no money and no real talent. why is that a team that isnt serious?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: July 01, 2016, 10:19:05 AM »
Nice, ya nothing about those 2 trades show me a team that is serious about winning now. Maybe they will also sign Jordan and Kobe Pippen so they can say they signed the best team ever assembled.
FTFY

They are rolling the dice. If by chance they stay healthy (less than 10% IMHO) they will destroy your dream of a repeat.  :P
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline dealfinder85

• View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: July 01, 2016, 10:20:15 AM »
FTFY

They are rolling the dice. If by chance they stay healthy (less than 10% IMHO) they will destroy your dream of a repeat.  :P
thank you
rolling the dice with no risk on rose. if he gets hurt, were back to where we started
and as for noah, they need a player just like him when hes healthy. howard would have been a disaster, and whiteside will get the max. who should they have brought in

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: July 01, 2016, 10:35:02 AM »
thank you
rolling the dice with no risk on rose. if he gets hurt, were back to where we started
and as for noah, they need a player just like him when hes healthy. howard would have been a disaster, and whiteside will get the max. who should they have brought in
In a vacuum you may be right. But this is the mo of the team for the past 15+ years. It just continues their ineptitude at building a decent team and will set them back another 5 years.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #2230 on: July 01, 2016, 10:35:06 AM »
FTFY

Unless Durant comes to the East I don't see any team having very good odds in the playoffs. If you think  a health knicks team would "destroy" the cavs I know you are in Jordan is G-d dream land.

um...whats wrong with trading some mediocre talent for a guy who has been an mvp, and is past his prime, but who knows how he does with a change of scenery? cost them no money and no real talent. why is that a team that isnt serious?
Nothing wrong with it, just don't try to convince me they are building a ready to win team when it's built on super injury prone players.

A championship minded team sings either great young talent or pays over the cap for super talent like if they couch up the fees and pay for Durant as well. Then I'll call them built to win.

Offline HowYaDoin

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: July 01, 2016, 10:40:23 AM »
Lin to the Nets...

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: July 01, 2016, 10:40:32 AM »
If you think  a health knicks team would "destroy" the cavs I know you are in Jordan is G-d LB is a bum dream land.

I cant keep fixing these for you. Please try and get it right the first time.  :)

Offline dealfinder85

• View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: July 01, 2016, 10:41:42 AM »
Unless Durant comes to the East I don't see any team having very good odds in the playoffs. If you think  a health knicks team would "destroy" the cavs I know you are in Jordan is G-d dream land.
 Nothing wrong with it, just don't try to convince me they are building a ready to win team when it's built on super injury prone players.

A championship minded team sings either great young talent or pays over the cap for super talent like if they couch up the fees and pay for Durant as well. Then I'll call them built to win.
i dont know who you were talking to, but i dont think any knicks fan in their right mind thinks their built to win. the cavs and spurs and warriors are built to win. maybe the thunder, durant pending. everyone else is looking to make nice runs in the playoffs and offer up some false hope to their fans. these knicks moves should have knicks fans dreaming and hoping of a conference finals berth. then we can imagine what it would be like to beat the cavs, just in time before they get knocked out in, maybe, 5 games

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: July 01, 2016, 10:41:58 AM »

Offline HowYaDoin

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: July 01, 2016, 10:45:14 AM »
Who?
serious? remember? LINsanity??

Edit: unless you meant who are the Nets.. In that case im totally with you..  ;D

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: July 01, 2016, 10:48:51 AM »
i dont know who you were talking to, but i dont think any knicks fan in their right mind thinks their built to win. the cavs and spurs and warriors are built to win. maybe the thunder, durant pending. everyone else is looking to make nice runs in the playoffs and offer up some false hope to their fans. these knicks moves should have knicks fans dreaming and hoping of a conference finals berth. then we can imagine what it would be like to beat the cavs, just in time before they get knocked out in, maybe, 5 games
Read the quotes on ESPN. I'm talking about Jackson saying they are building a ready to win team.

I cant keep fixing these for you. Please try and get it right the first time.  :)
Tomato Tomato, Potato Potato...

Offline dealfinder85

• View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: July 01, 2016, 10:49:33 AM »
Read the quotes on ESPN. I'm talking about Jackson saying they are building a ready to win team.
what do you expect him to say?
"ya, with these acquisitions, we are looking to build a team capable of making a run to the eastern conference semi finals"

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: July 01, 2016, 10:53:21 AM »

He is. The problem is it is based on two of the main pieces not getting hurt which seems very unlikely.

Offline dealfinder85

• View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: July 01, 2016, 10:54:24 AM »
He is. The problem is it is based on three of the main pieces not getting hurt which seems very unlikely.
FTFY
*if they sign gordon