Topic Wiki

https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/

https://www.mixcloud.com/zev-brenner/talkline-with-zev-brenner-on-credit-card-scams-affecting-the-orthodox-jewish-community/

http://podcast.headlinesbook.com/e/31616-credit-card-miles-and-points-swiping-for-rewards-buying-and-selling-miles-is-it-assur-and-a-chillul-hashem-or-a-great-way-for-a-side-parnassah/

BEFORE SWIPING FOR SOMEONE READ THIS: (first hand story)

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=36812.msg2062371#msg2062371
https://www.dansdeals.com/more/dans-commentary/dark-side-earning-credit-card-points-psa-dont-swipe-others/#comment-1399884

Dan's warning to DDF:
I hope people realize that any buying group or anyone else that gets merchandise in advance of payment can go south at any time. That's even if you get a check at the time of delivery.
X-posting as I don't want anyone to say that I never put a warning here.

A story that ended up in court - https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/DocumentList?docketId=iRcRHuyZUdOIx69D00a5XQ==&display=all&courtType=Kings%20County%20Supreme%20Court&resultsPageNum=1

I am one of the biggest buyers for buying groups, I have done millions in transactions and have sent to every group there is over the past 3 years. Most buying groups are okay, some scan in slower than others, some pay slower than others - most will lose a few packages over the year. You can research and find which are better for you.

However there is a bigger problem now with Amazon itself.  Amazon in the past has been great with any problems always ready with a refund for lost packages even if it was thousands of dollars. Lately Amazon has clamped down and has tagged these buying groups addresses  in their systems as "freight forwarder" and now no longer will fix any problem you have whatsoever. Doesn't matter what the problem is, even if it shows the package was never delivered, amazon will not help you in any way. Their copy and paste response will always be "this item was sent to a freight forwarder and we're unable to replace or refund the item. We recommend contacting your freight forwarder for more details, as we don't have any more insight or information regarding this matter, For more information about sending items via freight forwarders, please visit our Help Pages: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117950." As well the amazon drivers either must know this or have been increasingly bad at delivering packages because the numbers of packages missing has gone up astronomically. Previously you would have very few packages missing, now the past 3 months I have had 59 "lost" packages. I now have over $15,000 of loses and some guy in Delaware is probably living the life with all the stuff he stole from me. I will survive, I have made a lot more than $15,000 over the years however just a warning to others here that things are not as they used to be and it really is no longer worth doing buring groups with all the loses piling up

« Last edited by Yo ssi on July 24, 2023, 06:47:26 PM »

Author Topic: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others  (Read 1241514 times)

Offline saul613

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • yourgelt.com
Re: PSA: Don't swipe recklessly for others
« Reply #5220 on: December 05, 2023, 01:20:21 PM »
I was responding to your first paragraph. Is there a reason you need a printable label instead of QR code/UPS pick up? Did the BG tell you that? That's why I asking which BG
It was just a new development (at least for me) and I didn't know how it would work. So far Deal&Runner seems to have handled such a pickup well.

Offline saul613

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
    • yourgelt.com
« Reply #5221 on: December 05, 2023, 01:23:01 PM »
They are the fastest in the game at paying and usually at scanning too throughout the year, I think they're just a little behind bc of BF
BFMR took a bit over a week from delivery to scan (this BF). They do send ACH same day as receipt, but if they needed to they can just delay scanning once they reach their limit in funds and just blame the delay on the busy season...

Offline rental addict

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HERTZ PLAT AVIS PC NATIONAL EE
« Reply #5222 on: December 06, 2023, 05:06:17 PM »
Please disclose if you have any interest in this game. Nothing personal but this is your first post in three years and it’s a serious accusation.
Which warehouse are you referring to? The Delaware or the Lakewood one?
I sent to Lakewood some stuff and everything was immediately scanned and it says on the site “available for payout “. Meanwhile I think they gave me a better experience than cnj. But BFMR was definitely the best before their addresses got flagged by every serious website.
Not at all I have no conflict of interest here I usually only use bfmr which is owned by a non Jewish guy and rarely have problems with them just saying deal and runner is still and I'm having a lot of problems with them but I would still use them just because they're new in the game so they're getting things worked out but right now they're not the greatest that's all I'm saying I'm not saying you shouldn't use them I'm just saying be wary
Likes Are Free No Strings Attached

Offline shlomoandtam

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SNAP, WIC, Jersey Care, HUD. ;)
« Reply #5223 on: December 06, 2023, 09:03:02 PM »
I just realized this so I figured I would share. “Topcashback” and I think “Befrugal” offer 8% back when ordering any Alexa device and many other Amazon devices. And almost all BGs offer cost price or above cost when requesting these so potentially you can make over 13% (5% from Amazon cc) on these items.

Offline Redbull3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5224 on: December 07, 2023, 12:57:08 PM »
I just realized this so I figured I would share. “Topcashback” and I think “Befrugal” offer 8% back when ordering any Alexa device and many other Amazon devices. And almost all BGs offer cost price or above cost when requesting these so potentially you can make over 13% (5% from Amazon cc) on these items.
Yep. On this topic, does anyone have dps of portals paying out for non-Amazon device purchases on Amazon? (common bg items obviously like airpods, ipads, watches, etc?) Assuming no but can't hurt to ask.

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5225 on: December 07, 2023, 12:59:43 PM »
BFMR took a bit over a week from delivery to scan (this BF). They do send ACH same day as receipt, but if they needed to they can just delay scanning once they reach their limit in funds and just blame the delay on the busy season...
I suppose so. But after months of scanning and paying instantly (that's only as far back as I go), they've earned some benefit of the doubt that the scan delays are true scan delays and not cash flow. Especially when every single group is also more delayed than usual. At least imho

Offline rental addict

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: December 10, 2023, 12:27:36 AM »
I suppose so. But after months of scanning and paying instantly (that's only as far back as I go), they've earned some benefit of the doubt that the scan delays are true scan delays and not cash flow. Especially when every single group is also more delayed than usual. At least imho
Agreed but it's a little annoying that they take so long to respond to tickets and that deals close by tracking number

Offline marcusw

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: December 11, 2023, 11:28:25 AM »
Anyone else having issues with Closeout NJ?
I've used them for a while but recently have had issues with missing packages.
Anyone else having a similar issue?

Online Cat18

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: December 15, 2023, 04:27:31 PM »

Yes

Offline shlomoandtam

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SNAP, WIC, Jersey Care, HUD. ;)
« Reply #5229 on: December 16, 2023, 10:41:48 PM »
They sent this out a month ago
“It has come to our attention that several buyers are missing packages that begin with TBAACY. We have reached out and notified the 3rd party logistics company responsible for delivering these packages that some packages are being marked as delivered before arrival. We are waiting for an update and will provide further information as soon as possible. If you are among those missing these packages, please complete the following form:

https://forms.gle/vVnS4eMasgQRVUPv8

Offline rental addict

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: December 17, 2023, 01:42:22 AM »
After trying out a whole bunch of buying groups over this Black Friday shopping season I can say that I think Deal. & Runner performed the best at first I didn't think they did so well but I reached out to them and they resolved all my issues and after that all my packages were getting scanned in in a timely manner buy for me retail did not do so well very slow processing ans support... also USA buying group was not so bad they scanned in my package next day but I did pick up a check from them so that could be the reason why I got the payments right away lol 😂
my top group for this year so far has been deal and runner if your looking for the best commission use them.  The only downside I find  is they only payout once a week but thats not a problem for some

Offline Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #5231 on: December 17, 2023, 01:52:18 AM »
PM has been the best for me.
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline mevinyavin

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #5232 on: December 17, 2023, 04:34:35 AM »
After trying out a whole bunch of buying groups over this Black Friday shopping season I can say that I think Deal. & Runner performed the best at first I didn't think they did so well but I reached out to them and they resolved all my issues and after that all my packages were getting scanned in in a timely manner buy for me retail did not do so well very slow processing ans support... also USA buying group was not so bad they scanned in my package next day but I did pick up a check from them so that could be the reason why I got the payments right away lol 😂
my top group for this year so far has been deal and runner if your looking for the best commission use them.  The only downside I find  is they only payout once a week but thats not a problem for some
I'm glad your issues were resolved.
PSA!! stay away from DEAL AND RUNNER ... BUYERS BEWARE[size12pt]=[/size]
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline rental addict

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: December 17, 2023, 12:56:19 PM »
Pointsmaker was also good but they don't have so many deals

Offline Mo2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: December 17, 2023, 02:06:36 PM »
Any way to get through to MYS to send payments? (Tickets are worthless)
Still waiting on $6800 check requested 11/22
Common sense is not a gift, it is a punishment.
Because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

Offline Mo2

• View Profile
« Reply #5235 on: December 17, 2023, 02:12:19 PM »
I used EMB, BG, PM and MYS.
For me EMB was by far the fastest for scanning and payments and amount of deals. MYS was fast at scanning but by far the slowest to pay.
PM rejected the most packages and required the most returns.
Not a single package of mine was lost BH.

Offline Mo2

• View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: December 18, 2023, 10:28:00 AM »
PSA since the birth of TDB/BG brand we have always covered the losses of our buyers as far as lost or missing goods that retailers would not cover you the buyers on.

BG understands the difficulties buyers face these days with retailers and we are always here for you so you have 0 risk when sending to BG/TDB. That is why even if another group is $1 more people will send to BG cause they know we have there backs and don’t even ask for price matches they are happy with the service we provide. So if your not active by us or have had concerns or issues we are always around to help.

We send deals via WhatsApp, Telegram, Email to get your notifications.

Enjoy your week & Thank you for being apart of the BG Fam 🥂 🍻

Www.BuyingGroup.com
Is this still Buying Groups official policy?
Does any other group have this as an official policy?
I know ime MYS, PM and even USAbg (which I stopped using) have all made it right eventually for lost packages that Amazon refused to refund but it's not an official policy afaik

Offline saul613

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
    • yourgelt.com
« Reply #5237 on: December 19, 2023, 04:52:50 PM »
Anyone very recently experiencing unusually long wait times for package scanning with BFMR (9-10 days or longer)?

Online Cat18

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: December 20, 2023, 11:40:48 AM »
anyone with experience in doing an amex chargeback for amazon delivery that is marked "delivered" but BG claims to not have received it?

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: December 21, 2023, 05:30:50 PM »
has anyone tried creating a separate business entity (corp/ein etc) to use for BG transactions?