Author Topic: Targeted by United  (Read 238 times)

Offline Mominmonsey

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Targeted by United
« on: May 07, 2024, 08:34:11 PM »
On April 15 my sons and I were to depart from Newark to Melbourne, with a connecting flight in San Francisco on UA1148.  We were to have a 2 1/2 hr. gap between our flights.  Our plane was delayed in Newark for 2 hrs.  When we boarded  as group 3, they made an announcement that  there was no more overhead bin space for carry ons and you would have to relinquish your carry ons to go under the plane.  We purposely purchased UNDER-THE-SEAT LUGGAGE.  We DIDN'T notice anyone being forced  to give up their bags until an obviously frum Chassidishe couple (with newborn) and we, my obviously Chassidish boys, were stopped.  The couple ended up getting their regular sized carry-on back for their baby's paraphernalia.  The agent  threatened us with security and forced us to hand the luggage to him, although it WASN'T going to have gone up in a bin since it fit under the seat, and we explained about needing them  for our kosher food and prayer stuff.  I showed him all the passengers going by with regular sized carry-ons or huge backpacks that were not being stopped!  They said we would get it back in San Francisco.  After this whole public debacle and no recourse, we allowed them to tag it.  In San Francisco they held up the plane to Melbourne for the15 passengers on our plane.  When we asked for our carry ons at the door of our Newark plane, they said we'd get it back downstairs.  We ran for the gate.  We were asked for passports and boarding passes.  One son had put his passport into his  jacket pocket which was  in his carry on.  I asked for our carry ons. " Oh, it's downstairs, we guess.  We don't have it. " I explained our experience at Newark and that they promised we would get it back in SF.  I asked them to send an agent up with it. They claimed it was against FAA regulations.  I could go get it by the carousels, but the plane was leaving.  By the time the Supervisor came, they were closing the gate.  He said , "Let's forget about the past and focus on the future. We will put you on the next flight and give you hotel and food vouchers."  He wouldn't listen at all to our story and how we were losing a day vacation with our grandkids... United put us up at a hotel and provided food vouchers that were useless as the 1 heimish Sabra Grill didn't take them and Uber eats wouldn't either.  QUESTION:  How would YOU handle this targeting anti semetic act?  They will only give a $200 voucher for each of us.

Offline Boss

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Targeted by United
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 12:50:33 AM »
Mrl. don't think you have any valid claims without proof
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 01:03:22 AM by Boss »