Author Topic: amex gold 25k again...  (Read 12726 times)

Offline regalhome

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: amex gold 25k again...
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2011, 12:40:02 PM »
I sent the following email to Amex this morning thru the secured message site:

Hello,
I have been an Amex Gold member for a few months now, and I understand that new applicants for the card are being offered 25,000 MR points (https://www304.americanexpress.com/personal-card-application/premier-rewards-gold-card/40185-305-0/0/0/0/n/) after $1000 of spend. This very generous offer was not available when I applied for the card, and I respectfully ask that you consider my request to receive some portion of the current offer.
With kind regards,
regalhome

I got the following response about an hour and a half later:

Good Morning regalhome,

I understand your concern regarding the points and will be glad to assist you today.

I apologize that the offer you advised me of was not available when you applied for your Card. I have reviewed your account records and see that for your promotion you were awarded 15,000 points on 8/23/2010.

As an exception due to your history with us, I have issued your account with 10,000 points on 2/9/2011. You now have 29,286 available points.

It has been a pleasure to serve you and I hope I continue to provide you with the excellent customer service you deserve. Thank you for your loyal membership since 2004. Have a great day !
Sincerely, Margaret Maggs Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services

Offline kayef

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2011, 02:01:51 PM »
Did anyone receive this sign up bonus even though they already have an amex charge card like the amex plat?
I don't want to sign up for another credit card right now unless i have a good chance at getting the 25k.
Any news?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2011, 02:03:34 PM »
Charge cards are always churnable IME.  But why churn this one when the Plat can be churned for more miles?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline kayef

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2011, 02:05:51 PM »
Charge cards are always churnable IME.  But why churn this one when the Plat can be churned for more miles?
Even if just opened my plat a couple months ago?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2011, 02:08:01 PM »
Even if just opened my plat a couple months ago?
Close, reopen, and enjoy.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline kayef

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2011, 02:09:56 PM »
Close, reopen, and enjoy.
I was planning on closing anyway. I'll try the churn then and see what happens.
thanks for the advice!

Offline Steven

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2011, 12:15:46 AM »
I opened an amex prem rewards card in nov for 25k points after $1k, and didnt get the points. when I called  them the other day they said the offer isnt avail for existing customers and that they see I already got the 50k for the amex plat. I told them that I opened the prem rewards card first so its their mistake for giving me the points also for the plat, but I deserve the points for the rewards! they said I should submit my complaint in writing. Any advice how to proceed?
thanks!