Author Topic: Missing first part of a connecting flight  (Read 682 times)

Offline David S

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Missing first part of a connecting flight
« on: January 17, 2013, 11:15:58 PM »
I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't find it through searching for some time.

I have tickets to Israel that connect through JFK. I'd like to arrive in NYC a couple of days earlier and it is very expensive to switch the flights. Anybody know what would happen if I booked one way tickets to NYC a couple of days earlier (seems a lot cheaper) and just missed the first leg of the original connecting flight? Once I miss the first leg, will they assume that I am not flying or can I call them in advance and tell them not to cancel my second leg?

Thanks!

Offline Devorah

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Missing first part of a connecting flight
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 11:17:23 PM »
I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't find it through searching for some time.

I have tickets to Israel that connect through JFK. I'd like to arrive in NYC a couple of days earlier and it is very expensive to switch the flights. Anybody know what would happen if I booked one way tickets to NYC a couple of days earlier (seems a lot cheaper) and just missed the first leg of the original connecting flight? Once I miss the first leg, will they assume that I am not flying or can I call them in advance and tell them not to cancel my second leg?

Thanks!
They will cancel your ticket if u don't take the first leg.