Author Topic: USAA Harsh Treatment (USAA A/A)  (Read 3040 times)

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
USAA Harsh Treatment (USAA A/A)
« on: March 06, 2013, 12:17:34 AM »
As if it wasn't enough with Chase, USAA followed suit..

My USAA checking account had $100 in it that I had disbursed into from my Paypal account.
I set up a monthly transfer of $100 to a friend. Once the first transfer was done I cancelled it that it shouldn't transfer again.

After about a month I get a letter from USAA notifying me that I had an overdraft and if I remain overdrawn for 30 days I may be reported to Telecheck, which might affect my credit report.

I quickly call USAA and they tell me that those $100 have been transferred to my friend 3 times and since I only had $100 in the account, I was overdrawn by $200 plus the overdraft fees.
After I explained that I had cancelled the transfer and this was done without my consent , the rep (supervisor) looked into and, indeed, confirmed that the transfer was cancelled and basically had no idea why this took place.
She refunded me the fees and told me that I have until March 1st to deposit funds toward the minus $200.

On February 26 I disbursed $400 from Paypal into USAA. In the interim (I guess that same day), my checking account was closed by USAA, the $400 were stuck in limbo for a few days and finally hit my USAA savings account on March 1st, obviously only $200 hit the account and the remaining $200 went toward my overdraft.
A few days later I got a letter notifying me of the account closure and the fact that this is being reported to Telecheck.

I called them tonight and went over the whole story and the fact that, to begin with, the overdraft was not something I caused, and the fact that I was given till March 1st to deposit funds, I was talking to the wall. Asked for a supervisor and the guy was harsh as ever and of no help.
He said that I've been reported to Telecheck and now it will show as "paid the overdraft" but the entry will still be there.

Honestly, I don't care if they close me down so much, I mainly care about the Telechek entry, which could affect my credit report CH"V.

I asked them to speak to a superior and they set up a callback.

Did anyone ever have to deal with them on this level and can advise if there's someone who I can talk to?
Does anyone know if I can dispute the entry on Telecheck?
This whole Telechek thing is new to me as B"H I never had experience with bounced checks or overdrafts. How long does the entry stay there? Does it takeh make it to the credit report?

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 12:40:24 AM by txtmax4 »
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline MEIR613

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: USAA Harsh Treatment
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 12:21:28 AM »
The only thing I can tell you is that if it does hit your CR, you should dispute it right away, since you have valid reason.

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 12:25:02 AM »
The only thing I can tell you is that if it does hit your CR, you should dispute it right away, since you have valid reason.
I have a valid reason but how do I prove it to the CR agency?
Also, unlike the rep I spoke to a few weeks ago, tonight the rep denied that I ever cancelled that transfer.

Offline MEIR613

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 12:32:04 AM »
I have a valid reason but how do I prove it to the CR agency?
Also, unlike the rep I spoke to a few weeks ago, tonight the rep denied that I ever cancelled that transfer.
The way it works (I think) is. You dispute it with the CA and give them a reason for the dispute. They send it to the company which they have a certain period of times to answer back, else it gets deleted.

If you could some how get hold of the person you spoke to last time or even a new person that will admit it wasn't your fault. You can maybe ask the CA to get hold of that person to tell the, it was a mistake.

It might take some time, but it can be done.

This is all, if it gets on your report. Hopefully it won't.

If you have a my other questionsc feel free to PM me.

GL
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 12:44:00 AM by MEIR613 »

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
Re: USAA Harsh Treatment (USAA A/A)
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 12:41:03 AM »
@MEIR613: Thanks very much for the info. Unfortunately (or should I say FORTUNATELY), I'm a n00b when it comes to these shady things as BH I always stay on top of my game and these things are not part of my day-to-day activities. If it ever happened to me it has always been rectified after having shown that it wasn't my fault and this is exactly what's pissing me off about USAA. They are not budging.

In fact, recently when I called Chase about my story with them, I mentioned that they're being harsh and the rep told me that they reserve the right to close customers accounts without explanation and then he goes on to tell me that he himself had a USAA account and they closed him down with no explanation. He was trying to point out that they're not the only ones and USAA does it as well.

Just edited the title ETA: USAA A/A..

Offline elig770

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: USAA Harsh Treatment (USAA A/A)
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 12:44:08 AM »
Just edited the title ETA: USAA A/A..
Master Thread?