Author Topic: Capital One Venture - Upgraded instantly via app and still no annual fee!  (Read 983 times)

Offline awardflyer

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I was able to upgrade my Venture One card (1.5x miles per dollar, $0 annual fee) to the Venture Card (2x miles per dollar, $95 annual fee) instantly using the Capital One iphone app under “special offers” in my account. And the annual fee is still showing zero…

This is very interesting for a few reasons:

1. You can upgrade yourself within seconds. No calls or chats. No “reason” necessary. I believe this is the only card issuer that offers instant card upgrades?  I was offered two upgrades. The other was from my Quicksilver to a Venture card which is also very  interesting as the terms would’ve stayed 0% APR (I declined as I didn’t want to lose my free UberOne).

2. Capital One has odd rules when it comes to upgrading/downgrading venture cards. I’ve been wanting to upgrade this card for 6 months and after many calls/HUCA’s I gave up (since it was a downgraded VentureX card, they would NOT upgrade back to a Venture). But viola! Upgraded via the app instantly.

3.  The offer stated that my credit card terms would NOT change. I assumed this was only referring to APR, late fees, etc…but thus far the annual fee is still zero and I’m gaining 2 points per dollar. Has anyone else tried this? I’m anticipating the annual feee will change to $95 in the next billing cycle…but let’s see!

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC