Author Topic: Opening a business card on someone else's business with permission  (Read 766 times)

Offline Hershelsdeals

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Is it okay to open a business card on a friends or relatives business? (with permission of course)

For example, I'm an authorized user at a relatives business, but I would like to have my own primary credit card and earn Membership Rewards or Ultimate Rewards on my name, the actual spending I plan on doing will not be for the company.

The question is, would it be difficult to pass an FR if I'm ever fr'd?

Do I officially need to be responsible for the company's finances in order to apply for a credit card on the company's name? Or is it ok for me being a manager at the company to apply for a credit card?

If I'm a manager at the company, would i be personally responsible for the finances of the company besides the credit cards I'm applying for?

Would I be running into any IRS issues? Everything on the application would be legit, I would report my real income ETC....

The only thing I may be violating in the T&C IMO is that the spending won't be exclusively ( or mostly not) for the company. Am I wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Buruch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Opening a business card on someone else's business with permission
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 12:42:28 PM »
I always apply under my fa th her's business as an officer.  I generally say treasurer. They ask "Are you an officer who can make financial decisions on behalf of the company? " and then they list a bunch of examples. I take that to mean I can make decisions on making purchases. Doesn't sound like you have to be liable for the company's debts. Not sure why it would Mae a difference to the irs...

Offline Hershelsdeals

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 02:48:58 PM »
Does my signature or SSN need to be listed on the company's bank or company documents?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 03:52:10 PM »
They ask "Are you an officer who can make financial decisions on behalf of the company? " and then they list a bunch of examples.

This.

Are you an officer? are you authorized to make financial decisions for that company? If not, you'd seemingly prohibited.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper