Author Topic: Can an Amex offer be used on the last day it expires or does it need to post?  (Read 1298 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Couldn't find any thread here, even though I'm sure this was discussed multiple times. With Amex Offers on my Platinum card, there's a Simple Tire offer for $50 off $275 that expires today. If I place an order for some tires now, would it trigger the offer? Or will I need to actually have the tire purchase post by today? is that what they're telling you that the offer expires today, as the last day for your charge to post? I've never seemed to have to understand how it works, hence I try to use the offers right away.

While I do remember seeing that you can use it on the last day.
 I had a different experience with my Amex Marriott card where I get $25 a month. I forgot to use the credit, remembered that night, and went on to Toast Tab and bought a gift card for a store. However, it posted on the 1st of the following month, and I lost out on the previous month. Or at least, it posted then, so I thought I lost out. Now that I'm writing this, it could have very well posted because of the prior month's purchase, even though the post was in the next month. I guess I should have called to see when that credit was given, or if there's a way to see that.

On another note, what's your experience with Amex Offers?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline myi

• View Profile
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline monsey yid

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
I just had it with the fedex offer, usually it gets triggered by the charge date not the post date
If you like my post give me a like!

Offline myi

• View Profile
Charged my card on the last day and b"h the credit posted. No need to call or chat to get credit.

Shows as a charge on the 5th but only posted on the 6th as you can see from the screenshot.