Author Topic: visa pivot the Canadian answer to visa vanilla reloads?!?  (Read 1140 times)

Offline why

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
visa pivot the Canadian answer to visa vanilla reloads?!?
« on: October 15, 2013, 09:52:04 PM »
hey i know there's  some Canadian readers on dansdeals.com and the forums
however i don't know how the vanila reload worked since im from Canada.. and never really checked it out
however from what i read this is very similar are the fees comparable!?! is it worth it to use the pivot to meet monthly spending here in canada..? too get the sign up bonuses...? http://services.petro-canada.ca/pivotcard/
can anyone please compare the fees to vanila... thanks

Offline youthink

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: visa pivot the Canadian answer to visa vanilla reloads?!?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 10:05:11 PM »
Lots of restrictions and fees. Main reason it isn't as valuable as as VR in the US is because you'll only get 2x points at gas stations with a Amex Gold. In the US its 5x at office supply and other stores. You could potentially do $2k per month = 4k points or 48k per year. You'll be paying at least $25 per month in fees plus ATM surcharges for a total of around $35 and a lot hassle.

In the US, its much simpler because you can load VR into Bluebird and pay bills from there. With the pivot you need to go to the ATM, withdraw the cash then deposit into your regular account and pay the bills. There is a Petro Canada gas savings with this card but not enough IMO. Go for it if you'd like but IMO its a lot easier to earn points in Canada by churning the gold cards and referrals.