Author Topic: Haters, Threats, And Trolls  (Read 42400 times)

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Haters, Threats, And Trolls
« on: December 22, 2018, 10:02:52 PM »
So a certain website owner messaged us with this:

The question went unanswered.

Then tonight this was sent:

The last message wasn't received, so it was sent again from a different number:

What do people think of someone like this? Clearly not interested in anything even resembling civil.

Been running a site for 15 years with literally countless copycats and people targeting the same demographic and deals etc. But that's the way business goes, and this is the industry standard from sites with 100 million monthly visits down to new sites that popup every day.

Needless to say we try to stay out of petty fights, haters, trolls etc. that are always trying to beat us down, cause trouble, or take parnasa away.

One example was a person that made an account on DDF and made an Amazon affiliate link that was clO3f-20 instead of ours cl03f-20, and posted it on DDF for a long time he was making sales with his links on here, until we realized and had it fixed. We didn't make him pay anything back because what can you do, people are out there plotting twisted things and hate you just because bh you do well for yourself and your family.

We've seen complaints on twitter from sites that say we "took their deals" and stuff like that, which is kinda crazy when those sites never give credit, they even use URL's created just for us for a deal, i.e. it's impossible it came from anywhere else, and post those deals with no credit of course (among literally countless other copies), but when they feel it is happening to them, the world has ended and they are being stolen from, and they deserve credit. It really boggles my mind how people see others with hate and they are a saint. Anyway this whole topic is a different conversation, and as I mentioned it's a standard in the industry right or wrong. The point is the hypocrisy is just ridiculous.

We don't hide who we are, we didn't create a site out of secrecy and go try to steal away readers from other people, that is a benefit of doing this for so long, yet other sites love to hide behind their site names and keep their identity hidden. I feel this is a problem with trolls online on most forums, when people are anonymous they feel empowered, they feel like they can be someone who they would never be in a face to face conversation. Such as making threats...

One time Dan had just made some post about BRG shtick iirc, and someone on FlyerTalk said he will hire a hit on him, or something to that extent, of a "death threat" we reported it to FT and the FBI for good measure, because you really don't know what the crazies in this world will do and what makes them tick. Unfortunately cyber threats are a VERY real thing, as we sadly learned this year.

We are very blessed and thank G-d and our readers daily for what we have. It's sad some people always want to rip that away...

So, DDF what do you make of this?
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline APoshiterYid

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Haters, Threats, And Trolls
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 10:07:23 PM »
Quote from: Coral Snake
Haters gonna hate
If you have my email PLEASE don't PM me :)

Offline davidmal

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 10:08:21 PM »
That’s so sad these people feel they own the deal after they copy it from sites like sd and the likes obviously without crediting them.

Or they should assume you know of the same sites they do for deals
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 10:21:49 PM by jj1000 »
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 10:09:36 PM »

What do people think of someone like this? Clearly not interested in anything even resembling civil.

Been running a site for 15 years with literally countless copycats and people targeting the same demographic and deals etc. But that's the way business goes, and this is the industry standard from sites with 100 million monthly visits down to new sites that popup every day.

Needless to say we try to stay out of petty fights, haters, trolls etc. that are always trying to beat us down, cause trouble, or take parnasa away.

One example was a person that made an account on DDF and made an Amazon affiliate link that was clO3f-20 instead of ours cl03f-20, and posted it on DDF for a long time he was making sales with his links on here, until we realized and had it fixed. We didn't make him pay anything back because what can you do, people are out there plotting twisted things and hate you just because bh you do well for yourself and your family.

We've seen complaints on twitter from sites that say we "took their deals" and stuff like that, which is kinda crazy when those sites never give credit, they even use URL's created just for us for a deal, i.e. it's impossible it came from anywhere else, and post those deals with no credit of course (among literally countless other copies), but when they feel it is happening to them, the world has ended and they are being stolen from, and they deserve credit. It really boggles my mind how people see others with hate and they are a saint. Anyway this whole topic is a different conversation, and as I mentioned it's a standard in the industry right or wrong. The point is the hypocrisy is just ridiculous.

We don't hide who we are, we didn't create a site out of secrecy and go try to steal away readers from other people, that is a benefit of doing this for so long, yet other sites love to hide behind their site names and keep their identity hidden. I feel this is a problem with trolls online on most forums, when people are anonymous they feel empowered, they feel like they can be someone who they would never be in a face to face conversation. Such as making threats...

One time Dan had just made some post about BRG shtick iirc, and someone on FlyerTalk said he will hire a hit on him, or something to that extent, of a "death threat" we reported it to FT and the FBI for good measure, because you really don't know what the crazies in this world will do and what makes them tick. Unfortunately cyber threats are a VERY real thing, as we sadly learned this year.

We are very blessed and thank G-d and our readers daily for what we have. It's sad some people always want to rip that away...

https://twitter.com/JewishGroups
["-"]

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 10:10:47 PM »
Absolutely insane. TJB should be ashamed. (assumption, but very their speed) They showed how pathetic they are, and clearly have no clue how the industry works. I'd say ignore, and if they follow through with any damaging threats, shut them down.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Online Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 10:13:34 PM »
I assume it's a anonymous number but it doesn't hurt to use Truecaller or hiya to try to find out who's number that is...
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 10:15:46 PM »
FYI TJB is now on private...
ETA apparently I'm blocked too...

ETAA It is TJB Deals. They have been poaching deals from DDF and MS for ages.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 10:56:37 PM by as2 »
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline Eliyohu

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2018, 10:19:11 PM »

Absolutely insane. TJB should be ashamed. They showed how pathetic they are, and clearly have no clue how the industry works. I'd say ignore, and if they follow through with any damaging threats, shut them down.

Ftfy
No reason to assume, join one of they're groups and check the admin number...

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2018, 10:19:19 PM »

Totally ignore it. This thread is a win for them..
 What do you mean "as we sadly learned this year"?

Offline JACKBLUE

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2018, 10:20:25 PM »
I assume it's a anonymous number but it doesn't hurt to use Truecaller or hiya to try to find out who's number that is...
comes up in TrueCaller as “Amazing Deals”

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2018, 10:23:11 PM »
Shameful. My next comment is: What in the world are they smoking?!

Offline Menachem613

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2018, 10:33:21 PM »
What’s the point of posting this?

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2018, 10:34:13 PM »
Curious: you no doubt receive loads of these, judging from the amount of times I've seen such comments on Twitter. Why the sudden urge to post about it?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2018, 11:42:38 PM »

Have to give the guy credit for that one. He should get a HT.  :)
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline davidmal

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2018, 11:46:51 PM »
Have to give the guy credit for that one. He should get a HT.  :)
He got plenty!
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline Yitziz2010

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2018, 12:53:23 AM »
id like to understand, what gives ownership to a deal, im a deal site fanatic and all sites have the same dam deals with little difference

everyone knows that these deals are publicly available. you have to make yourself valuable in different ways...

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2018, 02:21:45 AM »
Unfortunately cyber threats are a VERY real thing, as we sadly learned this year.
What are you talking about?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Zevi16

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2018, 02:35:58 AM »

Another question off topic. Which number is it that has WhatsApp that I can save to get your deals?

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2018, 06:56:43 AM »
Another question off topic. Which number is it that has WhatsApp that I can save to get your deals?
https://www.dansdeals.com/more/site-announcements/beta-test-dansdeals-whatsapp-deal-alerts/

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2018, 07:35:15 AM »
id like to understand, what gives ownership to a deal, im a deal site fanatic and all sites have the same dam deals with little difference

everyone knows that these deals are publicly available. you have to make yourself valuable in different ways...
The person that finds the deal on their own is given ownership. More than one person can own a deal. This is a basic principal in private forums.
I just found a new supply of forks!