Author Topic: Haters, Threats, And Trolls  (Read 11244 times)

Offline Yitziz2010

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Haters, Threats, And Trolls
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2018, 12:53:23 AM »
id like to understand, what gives ownership to a deal, im a deal site fanatic and all sites have the same dam deals with little difference

everyone knows that these deals are publicly available. you have to make yourself valuable in different ways...

Online S209

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2018, 02:21:45 AM »
Unfortunately cyber threats are a VERY real thing, as we sadly learned this year.
What are you talking about?
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline Zevi16

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2018, 02:35:58 AM »
So a certain website owner messaged us with this:

The question went unanswered.

Then tonight this was sent:

The last message wasn't received, so it was sent again from a different number:

What do people think of someone like this? Clearly not interested in anything even resembling civil.

Been running a site for 15 years with literally countless copycats and people targeting the same demographic and deals etc. But that's the way business goes, and this is the industry standard from sites with 100 million monthly visits down to new sites that popup every day.

Needless to say we try to stay out of petty fights, haters, trolls etc. that are always trying to beat us down, cause trouble, or take parnasa away.

One example was a person that made an account on DDF and made an Amazon affiliate link that was clO3f-20 instead of ours cl03f-20, and posted it on DDF for a long time he was making sales with his links on here, until we realized and had it fixed. We didn't make him pay anything back because what can you do, people are out there plotting twisted things and hate you just because bh you do well for yourself and your family.

We've seen complaints on twitter from sites that say we "took their deals" and stuff like that, which is kinda crazy when those sites never give credit, they even use URL's created just for us for a deal, i.e. it's impossible it came from anywhere else, and post those deals with no credit of course (among literally countless other copies), but when they feel it is happening to them, the world has ended and they are being stolen from, and they deserve credit. It really boggles my mind how people see others with hate and they are a saint. Anyway this whole topic is a different conversation, and as I mentioned it's a standard in the industry right or wrong. The point is the hypocrisy is just ridiculous.

We don't hide who we are, we didn't create a site out of secrecy and go try to steal away readers from other people, that is a benefit of doing this for so long, yet other sites love to hide behind their site names and keep their identity hidden. I feel this is a problem with trolls online on most forums, when people are anonymous they feel empowered, they feel like they can be someone who they would never be in a face to face conversation. Such as making threats...

One time Dan had just made some post about BRG shtick iirc, and someone on FlyerTalk said he will hire a hit on him, or something to that extent, of a "death threat" we reported it to FT and the FBI for good measure, because you really don't know what the crazies in this world will do and what makes them tick. Unfortunately cyber threats are a VERY real thing, as we sadly learned this year.

We are very blessed and thank G-d and our readers daily for what we have. It's sad some people always want to rip that away...

So, DDF what do you make of this?
Another question off topic. Which number is it that has WhatsApp that I can save to get your deals?

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2018, 06:56:43 AM »
Another question off topic. Which number is it that has WhatsApp that I can save to get your deals?
https://www.dansdeals.com/more/site-announcements/beta-test-dansdeals-whatsapp-deal-alerts/

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2018, 07:35:15 AM »
id like to understand, what gives ownership to a deal, im a deal site fanatic and all sites have the same dam deals with little difference

everyone knows that these deals are publicly available. you have to make yourself valuable in different ways...
The person that finds the deal on their own is given ownership. More than one person can own a deal. This is a basic principal in private forums.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline mbelsky

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2018, 08:19:55 AM »
@jj10O0 I believe I have been talking to the same person and it appears the issue is a few people constantly posting deals on ddf that are copied from their site. I have checked a number of times, and it is often true, it appears. Maybe having a conversation with the ddf posters to give credit would solve the problem.

He also claims to have had multiple previous conversations with you guys, so just posting this without any previous context is not 100% accurate. I think you are aware of who sent those messages... He even tracks the IP addresses of some of your users and knows when and how often certain people visit his site.

Could be I'm being completely lied to, but their claims seem at least plausibly credible.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2018, 08:22:40 AM »
@jj10O0 I believe I have been talking to the same person and it appears the issue is a few people constantly posting deals on ddf that are copied from their site. I have checked a number of times, and it is often true, it appears. Maybe having a conversation with the ddf posters to give credit would solve the problem.

He also claims to have had multiple previous conversations with you guys, so just posting this without any previous context is not 100% accurate. I think you are aware of who sent those messages... He even tracks the IP addresses of some of your users and knows when and how often certain people visit his site.

Could be I'm being completely lied to, but their claims seem at least plausibly credible.
Of course deals are being "stolen". All blogs do that. If they didn't they wouldn't be able to survive in todays environment.

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2018, 08:28:46 AM »

Wow. This person sounds like a creepy, neurotic, freak. Did he talk about all the deals he got from DD? How is Dan or JJ supposed to know where a deal came from when someone posts it here? This guy is pathetic jealous scum. Very few sites have the resources to mine their own deals, most are recycled. It's only small fish like him who actually care.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2018, 08:32:10 AM »
It's only small fish like him who actually care.
I think they all care. It is just they can't do anything about it.
You need to stand out if your field. A great example is DOC. He is quickly becoming the go to source for breaking news.

Offline davidmal

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 208
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2018, 08:33:39 AM »
Tell him to start posting a time stamp so we can see who posts the deal first.
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2018, 08:39:26 AM »
Tell him to start posting a time stamp so we can see who posts the deal first.
I've seen it. I used to get his Twitter alerts, and he wasn't always before DDF or SD. I unfollowed him because of his lack of professionalism, and tackyness. I'm just creeped that I was now blocked based on my IP. Doesn't sound like a healthy person.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2018, 08:41:35 AM »
I'm just creeped that I was now blocked based on my IP. Doesn't sound like a healthy person.
Did you post something negative and that is why he blocked you?

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2018, 08:52:02 AM »
No. All I've done, is post a screenshot of his tweet here. If he can connect my semi anonymous profile, with my Twitter account, he is either a forum member (kinda hypocritical eh?), he's stalker creepy, or he's stupid and randomly blocking people.

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2018, 08:59:42 AM »
I just found out I'm blocked too. I'm almost certain I've never tweeted him. I'm probably blocked just for tweeting positively about @dan.
Quote from: ExGingi
Yehuda57 needs to spew a certain amount of sarcasm in order to survive through the day.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2018, 09:03:27 AM »
@jj10O0

Conversation? Never happened. We offered in good faith to talk and he refused.
Tracks IP addresses of DD users? Don't even know what that means, but he sounds unstable.

Never mind that he's one of countless Jewish DD copycats and has posted our deals and exclusive deals in the past, without ever HTing.

Not sure why anyone would feel the need to do anything more than compete.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.