Author Topic: Haters, Threats, And Trolls  (Read 42399 times)

Offline mbelsky

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Haters, Threats, And Trolls
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2018, 08:19:55 AM »
@jj10O0 I believe I have been talking to the same person and it appears the issue is a few people constantly posting deals on ddf that are copied from their site. I have checked a number of times, and it is often true, it appears. Maybe having a conversation with the ddf posters to give credit would solve the problem.

He also claims to have had multiple previous conversations with you guys, so just posting this without any previous context is not 100% accurate. I think you are aware of who sent those messages... He even tracks the IP addresses of some of your users and knows when and how often certain people visit his site.

Could be I'm being completely lied to, but their claims seem at least plausibly credible.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2018, 08:22:40 AM »
@jj10O0 I believe I have been talking to the same person and it appears the issue is a few people constantly posting deals on ddf that are copied from their site. I have checked a number of times, and it is often true, it appears. Maybe having a conversation with the ddf posters to give credit would solve the problem.

He also claims to have had multiple previous conversations with you guys, so just posting this without any previous context is not 100% accurate. I think you are aware of who sent those messages... He even tracks the IP addresses of some of your users and knows when and how often certain people visit his site.

Could be I'm being completely lied to, but their claims seem at least plausibly credible.
Of course deals are being "stolen". All blogs do that. If they didn't they wouldn't be able to survive in todays environment.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2018, 08:28:46 AM »

Wow. This person sounds like a creepy, neurotic, freak. Did he talk about all the deals he got from DD? How is Dan or JJ supposed to know where a deal came from when someone posts it here? This guy is pathetic jealous scum. Very few sites have the resources to mine their own deals, most are recycled. It's only small fish like him who actually care.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2018, 08:32:10 AM »
It's only small fish like him who actually care.
I think they all care. It is just they can't do anything about it.
You need to stand out if your field. A great example is DOC. He is quickly becoming the go to source for breaking news.

Offline davidmal

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2018, 08:33:39 AM »
Tell him to start posting a time stamp so we can see who posts the deal first.
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2018, 08:39:26 AM »
Tell him to start posting a time stamp so we can see who posts the deal first.
I've seen it. I used to get his Twitter alerts, and he wasn't always before DDF or SD. I unfollowed him because of his lack of professionalism, and tackyness. I'm just creeped that I was now blocked based on my IP. Doesn't sound like a healthy person.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2018, 08:41:35 AM »
I'm just creeped that I was now blocked based on my IP. Doesn't sound like a healthy person.
Did you post something negative and that is why he blocked you?

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2018, 08:52:02 AM »
No. All I've done, is post a screenshot of his tweet here. If he can connect my semi anonymous profile, with my Twitter account, he is either a forum member (kinda hypocritical eh?), he's stalker creepy, or he's stupid and randomly blocking people.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2018, 08:59:42 AM »
I just found out I'm blocked too. I'm almost certain I've never tweeted him. I'm probably blocked just for tweeting positively about @dan.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2018, 09:03:27 AM »
@jj10O0

Conversation? Never happened. We offered in good faith to talk and he refused.
Tracks IP addresses of DD users? Don't even know what that means, but he sounds unstable.

Never mind that he's one of countless Jewish DD copycats and has posted our deals and exclusive deals in the past, without ever HTing.

Not sure why anyone would feel the need to do anything more than compete.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2018, 09:05:56 AM »
I just found out I'm blocked too. I'm almost certain I've never tweeted him. I'm probably blocked just for tweeting positively about @dan.
Or you follow Dan.
Conversation? Never happened. We offered in good faith to talk and he refused.
Tracks IP addresses of DD users? Don't even know what that means, but he sounds unstable.
Unstable is a compliment...

Botom line is that TJB HASE NO DEAL OF THERE OWN. ALL THEIR DEALS ARE TAKEN FROM SD OR OTHER SMALLER SITES OR IN A LOT OF CASES FROM DANSDEALS!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 09:18:38 AM by as2 »

Offline Fish Tank

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2018, 09:06:29 AM »

What about the deals he steals from ddf/ddms?

He can't track DD users. That makes no sense.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2018, 09:12:28 AM »
Haters gonna hate
This is true no doubt.
Totally ignore it. This thread is a win for them..
This is likely true. But this is DDF not DDMS, I think most people here know this stuff goes on all the time, just making a thread for it.
What do you mean "as we sadly learned this year"?
Not to compare of course, but Parkland showed us cyber threats need to be taken seriously in general...Like the guy who said he's take out a hit on Dan... https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article201887629.html
What’s the point of posting this?
I think it's something that fits here.

Curious: you no doubt receive loads of these, judging from the amount of times I've seen such comments on Twitter. Why the sudden urge to post about it?
Maybe I'm an innocent mid-westerner, and I definitely didn't grow up on the streets onf Brooklyn, but it's not every day someone threatens me...

Have to give the guy credit for that one. He should get a HT.  :)
It was smart, I know a Jewish deal site who did a similar thing with a tag just one character off from what is likely the most popular Amazon affiliate tag, but seems he had to close that tag for one reason or another.

id like to understand, what gives ownership to a deal, im a deal site fanatic and all sites have the same dam deals with little difference

everyone knows that these deals are publicly available. you have to make yourself valuable in different ways...

Yep, and all the sites do just that, be the best you can be and live and let live, besides one site... As I said the point isn't whether credit should be given or not, it's the hypocrisy that's the crazy part. Many sales are advertised by the sites themselves for everyone to post, some are deals that one person finds, but it's not like it's some secret proprietary information, it's just an item on sale. And sometimes there are exclusive deals, such as making an arrangement directly with a company for a sale and what not. That is more borderline owing a deal, but hey if someone wants to post a deal like that we still get paid for it often, so not the worst thing when those are copied ;)

You know him in real life? I have never heard of any direct contact before this, never a DM, PM, email, whatsapp...

This argument makes no sense to me. If a site copies deals from us and has never given us credit. Why would a DDF'er give them credit? Expecting that is the definition of hypocrisy. If someone like DoC that will HT every site he takes a deal from, makes an argument about people not giving him credit when he is the first to find a deal, it is a valid argument and a discussion to be had. But when someone who never gives credit, asks for credit and gets so upset when he doesn't get it, there is just nothing to talk about there. It makes no sense to expect something when you don't give it. The conversation is a non-starter. Not to mention when you come around 13 years late and copy the same business model, target he same audience, copy deals from us for years, etc...

Of course deals are being "stolen". All blogs do that. If they didn't they wouldn't be able to survive in todays environment.
Yep, and that has become the standard. It is what it is. There is only one person who argues on that, and he doesn't argue that he should be HT'ing every deal he takes (why would he do that?) he only argues everyone should ht him...
I think they all care. It is just they can't do anything about it.
You need to stand out if your field. A great example is DOC. He is quickly becoming the go to source for breaking news.
Sure everyone cares to some extent, like when we roundup 100 dates for a flight post, and it takes 20min to type it up, and someone posts it 3min after us with a total copy paste of what he did. It can be upsetting but, never heard us complain about it because it is what is it like you said. Also side point the miles and new industry is also different than the deals one, the competition isn't as direct is part of it. But like most competing businesses you just be the best you can be and understand there is nothing to do about competition so just do your best.

See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline mom1000

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2018, 09:17:12 AM »
Tell me who this guy is, I'll go give him a piece of my mind, no one messes with my kids.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2018, 09:19:54 AM »
Tell me who this guy is, I'll go give him a piece of my mind, no one messes with my kids.
That's what I am talking about. You go MOM!!!

Offline MC

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2018, 09:21:50 AM »
;D

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2018, 09:24:09 AM »

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2018, 10:12:19 AM »

Offline SearchGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2018, 10:21:58 AM »
There use to be someone @deis917 who use to attack @Davidthebest ... probably him...

On the topic of copying deals, most DDF deals are copied, no one says it’s wrong, but why do people think DDF deals are original?

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2018, 10:36:22 AM »
There use to be someone @deis917 who use to attack @Davidthebest ... probably him...

On the topic of copying deals, most DDF deals are copied, no one says it’s wrong, but why do people think DDF deals are original?
lol do we have another DavidTheBest on our hands?

Stop showing how clueless you are when it comes to deals by copying every deal from
what was @jj1000 @jj10O0 edit here?
["-"]