Author Topic: Haters, Threats, And Trolls  (Read 42419 times)

Offline mbelsky

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Haters, Threats, And Trolls
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2018, 12:14:16 PM »
@jj10O0 I do not know him personally. Should I ask him for screenshots of the conversations?

Do you guys really think ddf posts should not credit where they found the deal?

Regarding hypocrisy, let's make a thread about comparing deal post times and see who usually posts first. I don't have anything in this stupid game, but he does seem to post things first that I was not able to find elsewhere, and a few minutes later they are posted on ddf by the same 1 or 2 users with no credit.

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2018, 12:16:10 PM »
..and both probably picked it up on SD.

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2018, 12:27:57 PM »
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2018, 12:30:28 PM »
Who's that?
A way of avoiding this.
Tell me who this guy is, I'll go give him a piece of my mind, no one messes with my kids.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2018, 12:34:15 PM »
Maybe I'm an innocent mid-westerner, and I definitely didn't grow up on the streets onf Brooklyn, but it's not every day someone threatens me...

Where is CM standing up for the Midwest?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2018, 12:38:04 PM »
Who's that?
the same guy that
made an Amazon affiliate link that was clO3f-20 instead of ours cl03f-20, and posted it on DDF for a long time he was making sales with his links on here, until we realized and had it fixed. We didn't make him pay anything back because what can you do, people are out there plotting twisted things and hate you just because bh you do well for yourself and your family.
["-"]

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2018, 12:40:06 PM »
I do feel it's a little disingenuous when the DDFers with huge HT counts keep posting deals without crediting anyone, it's clear they're getting them somewhere, whether that be SD or anywhere else. You're gonna get the HT anyway for posting on DDF first, why hold back where you got it from so DDMS can credit it correctly?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2018, 12:42:44 PM »
I do feel it's a little disingenuous when the DDFers with huge HT counts keep posting deals without crediting anyone, it's clear they're getting them somewhere, whether that be SD or anywhere else. You're gonna get the HT anyway for posting on DDF first, why hold back where you got it from so DDMS can credit it correctly?
I have a feeling that many of them are monitoring Amazon prices as sellers.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2018, 12:47:00 PM »
@jj10O0 I do not know him personally. Should I ask him for screenshots of the conversations?

Do you guys really think ddf posts should not credit where they found the deal?

Regarding hypocrisy, let's make a thread about comparing deal post times and see who usually posts first. I don't have anything in this stupid game, but he does seem to post things first that I was not able to find elsewhere, and a few minutes later they are posted on ddf by the same 1 or 2 users with no credit.
Nobody is required to give anyone a HT. It's a courteous thing to do. If someone posts a Dela publicly, it WILL be poached, just a matter of by who. Also, do they not realize that all the deals they have are taken from the same sources as the DDF deals? It's just a matter of who posts it first. Regardless, it is by no means Dan or JJs job to track down where it came from. If TJB is jealous, he CA create a forum and do the same.

..and both probably picked it up on SD.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline mbelsky

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2018, 01:04:48 PM »
From that TJB admin:

- When ever anyone chats with that 929 number, their phone number, their profile picture and bio on whatsapp clearly states who they are. So when they reached out to you, why ask "Who is this?" Its right there.

- Secondly, being around for much longer means nothing. Israel is around for just a few dozen years compared to other countries that have been around for hundreds. Does that make those other countries "better" because of how long they've been around? Does that mean those countries are entitled to something more so than Israel? Obviously not. I'd take quality of living in Israel than any of those. So Longevitiy is absolutely meaningless.

- But on that topic, it took years for someone to get to your 100 hat tips. It was a major story. That person who actually got to 100 was in our groups before we even knew it was him [Not implying he took our deals, he actually seems like an honest fellow]. But besides that, isn't it interesting that only after we started 2 years ago, does some random person get to 700 hat tips - in that exact same timespan? Let me ask you, was SD not around up until 2 years ago? I wonder what happened? Funny how that person isn't around in this discussion.

You, and everyone else knows what happened and what he does. Even some of your top "ddf'ers" know.

So please lets stop with your little lies and misrepresentations. This is not about competition [though you're obviously changing how you post and what you post because of us], its about being ethical. Your way of posting last 2 years is see what we post, post it, then hope you can find it elsewhere online.

Offline mbelsky

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2018, 01:06:27 PM »

This. And when it's the same users over and over who get prizes for so many HTs, it's even worse.

Again, I am not saying TJB is mostly first, but for the deals where he is, and ddf members don't give credit, I don't think it's right.

And if TJB rips off ddms or ddf, that's also wrong.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2018, 01:10:16 PM »
Where is CM standing up for the Midwest?
What did I miss? @ExGingi
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2018, 01:11:57 PM »
I am going to have to invoke the "but officer he was going faster. Why did you pull me over."   :)

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2018, 01:13:38 PM »
What did I miss? @ExGingi

No threats on the streets of the Midwest? Or do they go directly to the shooting, without ever threatening?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2018, 01:20:15 PM »
From that TJB admin:

- When ever anyone chats with that 929 number, their phone number, their profile picture and bio on whatsapp clearly states who they are. So when they reached out to you, why ask "Who is this?" Its right there.

- Secondly, being around for much longer means nothing. Israel is around for just a few dozen years compared to other countries that have been around for hundreds. Does that make those other countries "better" because of how long they've been around? Does that mean those countries are entitled to something more so than Israel? Obviously not. I'd take quality of living in Israel than any of those. So Longevitiy is absolutely meaningless.

- But on that topic, it took years for someone to get to your 100 hat tips. It was a major story. That person who actually got to 100 was in our groups before we even knew it was him [Not implying he took our deals, he actually seems like an honest fellow]. But besides that, isn't it interesting that only after we started 2 years ago, does some random person get to 700 hat tips - in that exact same timespan? Let me ask you, was SD not around up until 2 years ago? I wonder what happened? Funny how that person isn't around in this discussion.

You, and everyone else knows what happened and what he does. Even some of your top "ddf'ers" know.

So please lets stop with your little lies and misrepresentations. This is not about competition [though you're obviously changing how you post and what you post because of us], its about being ethical. Your way of posting last 2 years is see what we post, post it, then hope you can find it elsewhere online.
I'll keep it short.

1. As you stated from a tjb admin, still don't know who that is. I call myself JJ, not a DDF Admin lol.

2. Israel has been around for thousands of years. And I have no interest in a who's muscles are bigger contest.

3. That user only became active recently. As did the general deals forums become more active in the past 2 years. It used to have a few posts a day not it has dozens. Besides that I can't speak for someone else. He can respond if he'd like.

Bottom line here:

1. Please name what lies there are. (The only lie I saw so far was saying we've had conversations about this before)

2. Do you post where you get your deals from.

3. If you don't post where you get your deals from why do you think others should post when they get it from you.

ETA:

P.s. when someone wants to actually accomplish something they make a phone call and talk about it. The threats and blocking are counterintuitive to anything constructive.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 01:26:21 PM by jj1000 »
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Menachem613

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2018, 01:23:04 PM »
Why are you posting personal messages? Isn’t that against forum rules?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2018, 01:26:49 PM »
No threats on the streets of the Midwest? Or do they go directly to the shooting, without ever threatening?
I had a guy threaten me once, only once.  :)

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2018, 01:29:52 PM »
Does tjb have more deals than pz deals etc? I mean, everyone had the same stuff more or less.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2018, 01:30:11 PM »
I'll keep it short.
You don't need my advice but that never stopped me before.  :)
Let it go as it isn't worth it.

Offline SearchGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2018, 01:44:34 PM »
You don't need my advice but that never stopped me before.  :)
Let it go as it isn't worth it.
basically saying what’s says in the message JJ knows about, this thread is just more publicity to competing deals sites