Topic Wiki

If you are living or temporarily traveling in Israel; maximizing your american CC usage in Israel for traveling and points accrual
Feel free to edit

Best american CC's for use while in Israel (with no forex):
Chase cards click here
CSR, $300 travel credit including CityCar, public transportation purchases, taxis
Marriot Premier, United Explorer, CSP
Freedom/Freedom Unlimited-only when making online purchases from US stores

Did you know that some places in Israel are registered under the travel category so you will receive 3x whereas some places are not registered as a travel category then you only receive 1x with the CSR? Or a restaurant that is not categorized as a restaurant, so you only receive 1x instead of 3x? Are you aware of this??

I'm looking for people who live here to post what they have found. I have found that some stores are properly categorized while others are not. we are strictly speaking about maximizing american cc usage and points accrual.

Maybe some other people have experience using other american CC's like the Amex Plat and will share their experiences, or people with the new Capital One cc.

Which american credit card(s) do you use while in Israel?

This is a long needed post for those who are playing the credit card game from Israel.

« Last edited by yman on February 18, 2019, 03:31:51 PM »

Author Topic: MASTER THREAD: Using CC cards in Israel and maximizing benefits while traveling  (Read 16329 times)

Offline yman

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
If you are living or temporarily traveling in Israel; maximizing your CC usage in Israel for traveling and points accrual

Best CC's (with no forex):
Chase-CSR, $300 travel credit including CityCar, public transportation purchases, taxis
Marriot Premier, United Explorer, CSP
Freedom/Freedom Unlimited-only when making online purchases from US stores

Offline JACKBLUE

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
I think there are several threads for this already....

Offline yman

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
I think there are several threads for this already....

i searched in the box and couldn't find a master thread related to credit card spending in israel.

Offline shmielyosef

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile

Offline yman

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
here's one https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=33119.0

check the year it's from 2014. times have changed and so have the credit cards.

Offline Luvisrael

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
check the year it's from 2014. times have changed and so have the credit cards.
so u can update us in the same thread :)

Offline yman

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
so u can update us in the same thread :)

and what's wrong with creating my own thread instead of reviving a thread that was from 4 years ago and I don't know who the creator of the page is? he obviously doesn't care to update it, so why should we be reviving his thread? does that make any sense? it's only a page or 2 anyway, nothing major.

This is a long needed thread for those who are playing the credit card game from Israel.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 08:19:26 PM by yman »

Offline MeirS

• View Profile
Whatever...

Offline yman

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Whatever...

Did you know that some places in Israel are registered under the travel category so you will receive 3x whereas some places are not registered as a travel category then you only receive 1x with the CSR? Are more people aware of this??

I'm looking for people who live here to post what they have found. I have found that some stores are properly categorized while others are not. we are strictly speaking about maximizing cc usage and points accrual.

Maybe some other people have experience using other CC's like the Amex Plat and will share their experiences, or people with the new Capital One cc.

Offline MeirS

• View Profile
Did you know that some places in Israel are registered under the travel category so you will receive 3x whereas some places are not registered as a travel category then you only receive 1x with the CSR? Are more people aware of this??

I'm looking for people who live here to post what they have found. I have found that some stores are properly categorized while others are not. we are strictly speaking about maximizing cc usage and points accrual.

Maybe some other people have experience using other CC's like the Amex Plat and will share their experiences, or people with the new Capital One cc.
I think this is a great idea for a thread. My comment was just about the difference in the way you see these forums working and the way these forums work.

The previous thread is not there solely for the benefit of it's OP and solely for him to update. It's available for your benefit just as much, and all would be very happy, for you to share there the information which you have gathered.

The end result would be a cleaner and "easier to find things" forum and it would be easier to find the things which you are trying to make easier to find.

🥄

Offline JACKBLUE

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile

Offline yman

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=98011.msg2016125#msg2016125

Do you read? it says, "Looking for current recommendations (end of 2018) for Israeli credit cards with any kind of reasonable benefits (points or perks) to warrant picking them up.

please read your link before posting.

Offline yman

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
I think this is a great idea for a thread. My comment was just about the difference in the way you see these forums working and the way these forums work.

The previous thread is not there solely for the benefit of it's OP and solely for him to update. It's available for your benefit just as much, and all would be very happy, for you to share there the information which you have gathered.

The end result would be a cleaner and "easier to find things" forum and it would be easier to find the things which you are trying to make easier to find.

🥄
and i think some of the older threads (like 4 years ago) with no recent conversations or posts should be deleted, and then it will also be cleaner.

Offline MeirS

• View Profile

and i think some of the older threads (like 4 years ago) with no recent conversations or posts should be deleted, and then it will also be cleaner.

Hence:

My comment was just about the difference in the way you see these forums working and the way these forums work.

🥄

Hey, where's the ?

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
We can understand why you think that, but that is not the way these forums work. Everyone sticks a deal of an item for ten dollars into the thread from when it was fifteen with a comment "now ten" which nobody sees.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
We can understand why you think that, but that is not the way these forums work. Everyone sticks a deal of an item for ten dollars into the thread from when it was fifteen with a comment "now ten" which nobody sees.
Wait, so you agree that everyone should start new topics at will?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline yman

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Guys, can we please stay on topic?

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
Man guys, CALM. DOWN.
Rav kav gets 3x on CSR, MS the hell out of my bus rides!
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline jmz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Man guys, CALM. DOWN.
Rav kav gets 3x on CSR, MS the hell out of my bus rides!
And travel credit