Topic Wiki

Available Dates

Author Topic: St. Regis Bal Harbour  (Read 93934 times)

Offline Yehuda25

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: St. Regis Bal Harbour
« Reply #360 on: February 07, 2022, 09:52:03 PM »
if you go in with low expectations you’ll be fine. But if you’ve been there during the SPH days you will be highly disappointed.
This is spot on
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #361 on: February 07, 2022, 09:53:04 PM »
At the end of the day, it's a beautiful hotel and a great location. I would stay there again.
For the current rate, sure. I went in with very low expectations and it was fine.
But if they're going to charge 3x the current points rate? Sayonara.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline lunatic

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 07, 2022, 10:11:36 PM »
For the current rate, sure. I went in with very low expectations and it was fine.

No upgrade?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #363 on: February 07, 2022, 10:12:47 PM »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yehuda25

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 07, 2022, 10:13:01 PM »
CMIIW, the hotel once x amount full gets the average room rate per x amount of time, doesnt really matter to them how many points the stay is, marriot sets that...

― Aristotle

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 07, 2022, 10:16:45 PM »
CMIIW, the hotel once x amount full gets the average room rate per x amount of time, doesnt really matter to them how many points the stay is, marriot sets that...
Currently a hotel gets a small set reimbursement based on their category/brand when they aren't full and nearly full reimbursement when they are full.

Next month, Marriott will significantly increase rates on 3% of their hotels. That's likely to correspond to hotels where they are often paying the full reimbursement rate.

Next year all bets are off.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 07, 2022, 11:11:44 PM »
It's lehachis at this point.
Sounds very much like a stakeholder is deliberately trying to antagonize another stakeholder.

The Beverly Wilshire has this problem since the hotel owners have since developed their own competing brand and are anxious for Four Seasons to walk away and give up their management contract.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline alkpaplun

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 08, 2022, 12:51:21 AM »
Can anyone recommend Astor Luxe vs the Grand Luxe room. Which one is better?

Offline YesThatsMe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 09, 2022, 03:22:09 PM »
SRBH has become too saturated. It's like Grand Beach 10 years ago. The new in place to stay is the Four Seasons, let's see how long it'll last.

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #369 on: February 09, 2022, 03:30:49 PM »
SRBH has become too saturated. It's like Grand Beach 10 years ago. The new in place to stay is the Four Seasons, let's see how long it'll last.
Itll last a long time because they dont take points

Offline Yehuda25

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 09, 2022, 07:55:41 PM »
Itll last a long time because they dont take points
Exactly LMAO

― Aristotle

Offline RL366

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 10, 2022, 12:32:39 PM »
Just stayed in St regis bal harbour , booked using combined points from my and my friends account . Spoke to marriot they said my name was put on reservation . Even got a text confirmation . When i got to the front desk they said since account is not in my name it needs to state gifted. There were 3 other people in lobby with the same issue.Had to stand there waiting to speak to marriot 800 number. Was resolved after waiting for a while for marriot to change . Just make sure to call ahead

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 10, 2022, 12:40:21 PM »
Just stayed in St regis bal harbour , booked using combined points from my and my friends account . Spoke to marriot they said my name was put on reservation . Even got a text confirmation . When i got to the front desk they said since account is not in my name it needs to state gifted. There were 3 other people in lobby with the same issue.Had to stand there waiting to speak to marriot 800 number. Was resolved after waiting for a while for marriot to change . Just make sure to call ahead
Service: 0

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #373 on: May 10, 2022, 02:13:44 PM »
The fact that there were 3 other people in the lobby with the same "issue" is why you have this problem to begin with.....

Offline Yehuda25

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 14, 2022, 11:10:21 PM »
Service: 0
Exactly.

― Aristotle

Offline Goldz

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Presidents circle
« Reply #375 on: May 22, 2022, 05:48:35 PM »
I had the same issue there.

I arrived 5 AM after a few hour delayed flight. The reservation was with marriot points not from my account but the account holder has called them in in advance to add my name to the booking. Obviously they had not entered it into the system. The recaptionist did not want to let me in untill the account holder will call the main Marriott booking line 5AM on a sunday morning!

Lucky me that the person was in europe then and he was able to call in. It still took them another half hour because the person at front desk did not know how to merge phone calls between the account holder and Marriot call center. After waiting an hour there without having any sleep that night she finaly let me in to my room. She told me that they will make up for it. When I asked for a late checkout even just for an hour that same lady refused me. She claimed they are to busy and have to clean the room. Altough the room service came every day around 5 PM on that floor...

Offline zagguru

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 09, 2022, 12:24:12 PM »

Offline Yehuda25

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 10, 2022, 07:32:42 AM »

― Aristotle

Offline avrumy1

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 17, 2022, 01:10:39 PM »
I had the same issue there.

I arrived 5 AM after a few hour delayed flight. The reservation was with marriot points not from my account but the account holder has called them in in advance to add my name to the booking. Obviously they had not entered it into the system. The recaptionist did not want to let me in untill the account holder will call the main Marriott booking line 5AM on a sunday morning!

Lucky me that the person was in europe then and he was able to call in. It still took them another half hour because the person at front desk did not know how to merge phone calls between the account holder and Marriot call center. After waiting an hour there without having any sleep that night she finaly let me in to my room. She told me that they will make up for it. When I asked for a late checkout even just for an hour that same lady refused me. She claimed they are to busy and have to clean the room. Altough the room service came every day around 5 PM on that floor...

Hi, I have a booking I'd like to allow someone else to use. What specifically do I need to do to allow them to check into the St Regis Bal Harbor without any hassle?

Offline letav_aved

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 02, 2022, 01:11:12 PM »
Any one have reservations or front office manager email?