Author Topic: Moving credit line to avoid credit pull  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Thingywingy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Moving credit line to avoid credit pull
« on: September 26, 2011, 12:44:14 AM »
I was wondering if its possible to transfer a credit line to a new card to avoid a credit pull?  AFAIK its only been mentioned in the forums as a way to be reconsidered for a card previously declined. Specificly I have a Chase Continental which Im about to get charged the annual fee. I would like to transfer into Chase Freedom which can get me 20000 points, which can be transfer to Saphire, then to continental.
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Moving credit line to avoid credit pull
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 12:47:12 AM »
I was wondering if its possible to transfer a credit line to a new card to avoid a credit pull?  AFAIK its only been mentioned in the forums as a way to be reconsidered for a card previously declined. Specificly I have a Chase Continental which Im about to get charged the annual fee. I would like to transfer into Chase Freedom which can get me 20000 points, which can be transfer to Saphire, then to continental.
AFAIK they won't give you the bonus when you convert a card, but as always YMMV.

Offline Nitantnel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Moving credit line to avoid credit pull
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 07:30:41 AM »
Interesting idea. How about transferring part of you credit line and keeping the old card, will you get the bonus then?