Topic Wiki

Flights.

NYC - IST-ATH on TK J class 57.k UA
ATH - ZTH Olympic airline
ZTH - ATH "  "  "
ATH - JTR A3 (cash)
JTR - ATH A3
ATH - BUD RyanAir $19pp (never again)!
BUD - LHR-JFK on BA F class 90k Avios (a miracle)

Hotels. (in order of our trip)
Athens, Sofitel Athens Airport, $325
Zakynthos, LesanteBlu, around $350pn
Athens, Athenian Callirhoe Hotel, DR
Athens, King George, 48k SPG for 3 nights
Santorini, Acroterra Rosa, about $500pn
Santorini, Santorini Kastelli Resort, DR
Budapest, BMW 545i  ;) $125

Activities
Athens.
Nightlife 8) 8).
Zakynthos
Private boat tour to Ship Wreck Beach, Hot Springs, UW Caves, Snorkeling, And Turtle Island (something like that)
small tour of Zakynthos city.
Athens.
Changing of the guards (Parliament) .
Hotel Spa
Athens Botanical Park a.k.a. National Garden
Skydiving (read the TR to see if we survived)
Monastiraki Square
King George Hotel Bar (you can see the Acropolis from there)
Chabad Restaurant (eating is an activity for us)
Full day bike tour including, old city, Acropolis, Mount Lycabettus Viewing Area, pretty much the top priority's in Athens.
Santorini.
(First thing you do is rent a ATV for the FULL trip!)
Santorini Winery
Moni, Pyrgros
Akrotini Lighthouse kind of a hidden gem especially for sunset.
Thera Nightlife NM
Highest point on the island (insane views) castle ruins
Sunset in Oia go early if you want a good spot
Black beach, Red beach, White beach
Catamaran 6 hour boat tour including sunset, volcanic island with hot spring,
Jet Ski's.
Budapest.
Main priority GET FOOD! Carmel Étterem oh it was soooo good.
R' shaya kerestir to top it all off!

Im working on the full TR (with pics) stay tuned.

(please note this trip was in Aug 2017 was backing up my old pictures and decided to make a TR)
p.s. its my first real TR pls lmk if i missed anything.
ASK AWAY...!!! (and like away!)

Part 1 https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=100496.msg2040756#msg2040756
Part 2 https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=100496.msg2041925#msg2041925

Author Topic: Honeymoon in Greece!  (Read 18203 times)

Offline Naftuli19

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
Re: Honeymoon in Greece!
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2019, 12:46:19 PM »
pictures are amazing
Nice segment - looks beautiful!
Really amazing , thanks, enjoyed the TR and the amazing pictures.
Thanks! I still have Athens, Santorini, and Budapest.
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2019, 04:41:43 PM »
Hi guys, here’s my extended TR on Greece Honeymoon.

I have dreamed about going to santorini ever since i saw the 1st picture of santorini, but wanted to save it for my honeymoon with my special someone.

So here i go on ranting about our amazing trip Enjoy…!

TRIP PLANNING

The first and the hardest part was to find my wife that's amazing in everything and loves to travel, Then the debate started where do we go?! After some Shana Reshona arguing and fighting we finally “settled” on GREECE (YAY!)
So research began santorini was a must so we started looking for what else, we stumbled upon the island called “Zakynthos”’ which from research looked like a nice quiet place, we found a brand new and pretty good priced hotel LesnateBlu so we booked the hotel and flights from ATH (that's how we do things, backwards).
Flights from NYC - ATH were easy to find on UA for 57k points flying with TK J class.
 Now this is where the fun begins, we decided instead of going straight home after santorini (last part of our trip) we will go to Budapest to R’shaya Kerestir (missed taking the EY flight ATH-JFK).

Warning some may find this boring!(So i started looking around and found 1 seat on BA F class that was perfect timing for us for 90k BA p + $500pp i think, and it became my mission and commitment to get 2 seats on that flight in 1st (side note i told my wife that since we're going to R’Shaya he will help us get that flight (just wait and see no jokes).
I transferred points into each of our accounts opened 2 laptops connected to 2 separate Wifi and started the process entered all the info and hit reserve at the same time, after a few intense seconds my ticket went thru but got a “Credit Card Error” on my wifes. So i cancelled my ticket (i really hope BA does not read this forum ;) and re did it this time my wifes went thru and not mine!
So i called BA and told them i recently booked a ticket for myself and just received a email that my flight was canceled and i had nothing to do with it, and of course the rep didn't buy it he started saying maybe u hit cancel by mistake blah blah blah...but after some arguing and convincing he start questioning himself!  He started apologizing and asking if i can take different flight but we couldn't,  but i was committed, so i went back and forth with him saying i want my ticket back…
After sometime i was transferred to a jerk supervisor who wouldn't buy my story for anything he kept saying i see the other reservation was made by your relative a few seconds after you did....  I started yelling at him... he said there is nothing they can do but i should keep calling and check if someone cancels. I stuck with my not canceling story so he said he will open a internal investigation to see where the cancelation came from.
To make a really long story short 2 weeks went by with BA constantly calling back saying that they see where the cancelation came from and it was from a IP address in NY which was mine. But i stuck with mine and they said they will dig deeper… after the 2 weeks i get a call saying that its still under investigation but they will open up a 1st class ticket on the 2nd leg BUD-LHR-JFK so i would get BUD-LHR in economy and LHR-JFK in F and really that's all i wanted so i told them perfect book and i'll sit in econ for 3 hrs while my wife is in J they made the reservations and charged my card .
(here is the crazy part) I get a call a few days later from a BA supervisor, he starts apologizing, i ask him for what's going on? so he says we did an investigation we found that there was a error from our end and they are giving me a refund on some points and the $500 and they got me on the J on BUD-LHR!!!)   

The rest of the flights were simple…

THE TRIP.

Packing. My very talented wife packed everydays wardrobe separately and worked out really well highly recommended! 
Food there is barely any kosher food in Greece so we took along a 75lb duffle bag with any non perishable food (tuna,sardines,jerky,bars and more bars,instant soup, smoked salmon, ready meals and so much more)

Packed everyday separately by Juni cat, on Flickr

Arrived at JFK a bit early check in and  security was a breeze (always mention your on honeymoon) spend some time in LH lounge was pretty nice.
Boarding was a charm here is our seats and equipment that we got from TK!

Our Seats by Juni cat, on Flickr

Bathroom by Juni cat, on Flickr

Food by Juni cat, on Flickr

20170802_193506 by Juni cat, on Flickr

20170802_192037 by Juni cat, on Flickr

Popped some pills and i was out cold..!!
After a quick stop in Istanbul we were on are way to Greece.

20170803_135725 by Juni cat, on Flickr

20170803_145146 by Juni cat, on Flickr

Arriving at ATH was pretty awesome very nice airport got are luggage pretty quick and off to Sofitel Athens Airport we had to stay in Athens that night so we stayed at the hotel at the airport rooms were not bad they have a rooftop pool where you can watch all plane activities which is pretty darn cool, they also have a really good bar and cigar lounge on the ground level that you can stop in if you have a stop over in ATH it's literally right when you walk out of the airport.

View from hotel in ATH by Juni cat, on Flickr

Some really awesome cocktails by Juni cat, on Flickr

We ate dinner took a taxi(uber works in athens) to the nightlife area (don't remember the name but there is a specific place)
Next day we took a flight with Olympic Air don't expect much to a island called Zakynthos (zah-keen-thaws)

Olympic Air by Juni cat, on Flickr

We arrive at this tiny airport pretty easy to find a cab tho (Uber wasn’t working on the islands at the time) took about a 30min zig-zag drive until we reached our hotel.
We booked a room with a plunge pool for $350 which turned out to be a great deal
It's hard to tell from the pics just how beautiful the hotel and the view is, but i'll try.

LesanteBlu Hotel our pool by Juni cat, on Flickr

LesanteBlu Hotel by Juni cat, on Flickr
LesanteBlu Hotel part of the l shaped pool by Juni cat, on Flickr
LesanteBlu Hotel from the water by Juni cat, on Flickr
LesnateBlu by Juni cat, on Flickr
LesnateBlu matching cocktail by Juni cat, on Flickr
LesnateBlu a mushroom we found by Juni cat, on Flickr
LesnateBlu at night by Juni cat, on Flickr
LesnateBlu Sunrise by Juni cat, on Flickr
LesnateBlu now its a pop by Juni cat, on Flickr
LesnateBlu Spa indoor pool by Juni cat, on Flickr

The hotel and views are obviously beyond service was was a solid 8 cleanliness and amenities were a 10+ they warmed whatever we asked and so on….
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline moisheyb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2019, 01:59:24 AM »
Thanks! I still have Athens, Santorini, and Budapest.
Wow well done so far,
How private was the plunge pool?

Offline mgoldhammer18

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: American Airlines, Citi thank you, British Avios, Hilton, SPG, AMEX Platinum, Jetblue
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2019, 08:41:32 AM »
Beautiful, keep it coming

You're (not your  :P) doing a great job for your first TR

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2019, 09:28:29 AM »
Wow well done so far,
How private was the plunge pool?
Not too private but their angled (think thats right term) and theres wall between each deck/pool that reaches halfway thru the pool

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2019, 09:28:58 AM »
Not too private but their angled (think thats right term) and theres wall between each deck/pool that reaches halfway thru the pool
There are villa style rooms with completely private pools

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2019, 01:24:04 PM »
Hi guys, here’s my extended TR on Greece Honeymoon.

I have dreamed about going to santorini ever since i saw the 1st picture of santorini, but wanted to save it for my honeymoon with my special someone.

So here i go on ranting about our amazing trip Enjoy…!

TRIP PLANNING

The first and the hardest part was to find my wife that's amazing in everything and loves to travel, Then the debate started where do we go?! After some Shana Reshona arguing and fighting we finally “settled” on GREECE (YAY!)
So research began santorini was a must so we started looking for what else, we stumbled upon the island called “Zakynthos”’ which from research looked like a nice quiet place, we found a brand new and pretty good priced hotel LesnateBlu so we booked the hotel and flights from ATH (that's how we do things, backwards).
Flights from NYC - ATH were easy to find on UA for 57k points flying with TK J class.
 Now this is where the fun begins, we decided instead of going straight home after santorini (last part of our trip) we will go to Budapest to R’shaya Kerestir (missed taking the EY flight ATH-JFK).

Warning some may find this boring!(So i started looking around and found 1 seat on BA F class that was perfect timing for us for 90k BA p + $500pp i think, and it became my mission and commitment to get 2 seats on that flight in 1st (side note i told my wife that since we're going to R’Shaya he will help us get that flight (just wait and see no jokes).
I transferred points into each of our accounts opened 2 laptops connected to 2 separate Wifi and started the process entered all the info and hit reserve at the same time, after a few intense seconds my ticket went thru but got a “Credit Card Error” on my wifes. So i cancelled my ticket (i really hope BA does not read this forum ;) and re did it this time my wifes went thru and not mine!
So i called BA and told them i recently booked a ticket for myself and just received a email that my flight was canceled and i had nothing to do with it, and of course the rep didn't buy it he started saying maybe u hit cancel by mistake blah blah blah...but after some arguing and convincing he start questioning himself!  He started apologizing and asking if i can take different flight but we couldn't,  but i was committed, so i went back and forth with him saying i want my ticket back…
After sometime i was transferred to a jerk supervisor who wouldn't buy my story for anything he kept saying i see the other reservation was made by your relative a few seconds after you did....  I started yelling at him... he said there is nothing they can do but i should keep calling and check if someone cancels. I stuck with my not canceling story so he said he will open a internal investigation to see where the cancelation came from.
To make a really long story short 2 weeks went by with BA constantly calling back saying that they see where the cancelation came from and it was from a IP address in NY which was mine. But i stuck with mine and they said they will dig deeper… after the 2 weeks i get a call saying that its still under investigation but they will open up a 1st class ticket on the 2nd leg BUD-LHR-JFK so i would get BUD-LHR in economy and LHR-JFK in F and really that's all i wanted so i told them perfect book and i'll sit in econ for 3 hrs while my wife is in J they made the reservations and charged my card .
(here is the crazy part) I get a call a few days later from a BA supervisor, he starts apologizing, i ask him for what's going on? so he says we did an investigation we found that there was a error from our end and they are giving me a refund on some points and the $500 and they got me on the J on BUD-LHR!!!)   

The rest of the flights were simple…

THE TRIP.

Packing. My very talented wife packed everydays wardrobe separately and worked out really well highly recommended! 
Food there is barely any kosher food in Greece so we took along a 75lb duffle bag with any non perishable food (tuna,sardines,jerky,bars and more bars,instant soup, smoked salmon, ready meals and so much more)

Packed everyday separately by Juni cat, on Flickr

Arrived at JFK a bit early check in and  security was a breeze (always mention your on honeymoon) spend some time in LH lounge was pretty nice.
Boarding was a charm here is our seats and equipment that we got from TK!

Our Seats by Juni cat, on Flickr

Bathroom by Juni cat, on Flickr

Food by Juni cat, on Flickr

20170802_193506 by Juni cat, on Flickr

20170802_192037 by Juni cat, on Flickr

Popped some pills and i was out cold..!!
After a quick stop in Istanbul we were on are way to Greece.

20170803_135725 by Juni cat, on Flickr

20170803_145146 by Juni cat, on Flickr

Arriving at ATH was pretty awesome very nice airport got are luggage pretty quick and off to Sofitel Athens Airport we had to stay in Athens that night so we stayed at the hotel at the airport rooms were not bad they have a rooftop pool where you can watch all plane activities which is pretty darn cool, they also have a really good bar and cigar lounge on the ground level that you can stop in if you have a stop over in ATH it's literally right when you walk out of the airport.

View from hotel in ATH by Juni cat, on Flickr

We ate dinner took a taxi(uber works in athens) to the nightlife area (don't remember the name but there is a specific place)
Next day we took a flight with Olympic Air don't expect much to a island called Zakynthos (zah-keen-thaws)

We arrive at this tiny airport pretty easy to find a cab tho (Uber wasn’t working on the islands at the time) took about a 30min zig-zag drive until we reached our hotel.
We booked a room with a plunge pool for $350 which turned out to be a great deal
It's hard to tell from the pics just how beautiful the hotel and the view is, but i'll try.

LesanteBlu Hotel our pool by Juni cat, on Flickr

LesanteBlu Hotel part of the l shaped pool by Juni cat, on Flickr
LesanteBlu Hotel from the water by Juni cat, on Flickr
LesnateBlu matching cocktail by Juni cat, on Flickr
LesnateBlu a mushroom we found by Juni cat, on Flickr
LesnateBlu at night by Juni cat, on Flickr
LesnateBlu Sunrise by Juni cat, on Flickr
LesnateBlu now its a pop by Juni cat, on Flickr
LesnateBlu Spa indoor pool by Juni cat, on Flickr

The hotel and views are obviously beyond service was was a solid 8 cleanliness and amenities were a 10+ they warmed whatever we asked and so on….

Can i pin this to the top?

Offline moisheyb

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2019, 05:02:58 PM »
There are villa style rooms with completely private pools
Got it thx.
Waiting to hear what you did about shabbos and if they heated up any food for you?

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2019, 05:04:42 PM »
Got it thx.
Waiting to hear what you did about shabbos and if they heated up any food for you?
Shabbat was pretty much resting from that crazy burn we got from boating

Offline moisheyb

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2019, 05:05:50 PM »
Shabbat was pretty much resting from that crazy burn we got from boating
Did you have any hot food?

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2019, 05:09:13 PM »
Got it thx.
So food situation is as follows... on the islands in greece they dont really know what or who jews are forget about kashrus and special diets so i had to explain the front desk what i want and they said sure np! But the guy that took the meal to warm up decided to present it as a reg room service meal so he opened it up and set it up nicely so after explaining to him that he shouldn't open it they brought it to us the way we wanted!

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2019, 05:09:32 PM »

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2019, 05:10:03 PM »
I also always take along a sous vide machine which is very easy to use and not big

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2019, 05:11:27 PM »
I also always take along a sous vide machine which is very easy to use and not big
U can bring vacuum packed food (raw or cooked) and fill up the sink,bath, ice bucket etc... with water and cook ur meals

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2019, 05:29:38 PM »
U can bring vacuum packed food (raw or cooked) and fill up the sink,bath, ice bucket etc... with water and cook ur meals
1 option

Offline moisheyb

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2019, 01:55:18 AM »
So food situation is as follows... on the islands in greece they dont really know what or who jews are forget about kashrus and special diets so i had to explain the front desk what i want and they said sure np! But the guy that took the meal to warm up decided to present it as a reg room service meal so he opened it up and set it up nicely so after explaining to him that he shouldn't open it they brought it to us the way we wanted!
I usually just bring pom meals or similar and have the hotel heat it up.
Great pic of the sous vie!!

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2019, 09:25:25 AM »
1 option
And please put a label on the sink fleishig.
["-"]

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2019, 09:29:08 AM »
No jokes it could be a problem if very hot treif had been poured down into the sink prior.

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2019, 09:46:13 AM »
I usually just bring pom meals or similar and have the hotel heat it up.
Great pic of the sous vie!!
I've done both (nor from pom tho) sous vide usually works out better when traveling in USA... ( ive made eggs, soup, steak, chulent, and a whole lot more)

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2019, 09:47:26 AM »
Lol....
No jokes it could be a problem if very hot treif had been poured down into the sink prior.
Good point, most of my stuff are double sealed when we travel but now i know y!