Author Topic: Friends don't let friends fly spirit.  (Read 71141 times)

Offline SOS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis First, Hertz Five Star, National Executive
Re: Friends don't let friends fly spirit.
« Reply #320 on: March 07, 2024, 04:02:00 PM »
My friend was denied boarding on frontier this week. They told him the next flight they can put him on was the next day.
He ended up taking a flight with a different airline that costed approx $500 per person.
Frontier only offered him about $350, and they dont want to pay for the second passenger who they had a seat on the plane for. (they didnt want to split up... it was 1 reservation)

Anything he can do to get them to reimburse his extra expenses?
I tried checking the main site for the link to an informal DOT complaint but the link doesnt work for me...

https://airconsumer.dot.gov/escomplaint/ConsumerForm.cfm

Is the only other thing I can do a formal complaint?

Offline Travel Lover

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 07, 2024, 04:19:24 PM »
I tried checking the main site for the link to an informal DOT complaint but the link doesnt work for me...

Maybe this link ?
https://secure.dot.gov/air-travel-complaint

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #322 on: March 07, 2024, 04:21:20 PM »
My friend was denied boarding on frontier this week. They told him the next flight they can put him on was the next day.
He ended up taking a flight with a different airline that costed approx $500 per person.
Frontier only offered him about $350, and they dont want to pay for the second passenger who they had a seat on the plane for. (they didnt want to split up... it was 1 reservation)

Anything he can do to get them to reimburse his extra expenses?

Is the only other thing I can do a formal complaint?

What did his OW ticket cost?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SOS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis First, Hertz Five Star, National Executive
« Reply #323 on: March 07, 2024, 06:17:35 PM »
$88

Offline cks33

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 18, 2024, 03:36:06 PM »
What did his OW ticket cost?

had the same thing happen - flight was cancelled due to weather - next flight was 2 days later

paid 750 one way to book last minute ticket on another airline, frontier offered no compensation

Offline Gvann

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #325 on: March 28, 2024, 05:28:12 PM »
Can i be confident to book a flight back from the eclipse for 6 hours before it actually happens knowing ill be able to see the eclipse and then catch the flight?

Offline ShimonFly

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY SL
« Reply #326 on: April 10, 2024, 08:37:14 PM »
Does anyone know if I'm not paying for seats will they TRY to put both passengers on same reservation together or they'll randomly assigns seats separately? Flight looks empty so there will be plenty of seats together during online check-in. On there website they say "Spirit will randomly assign you a seat at check-in for free, but we can't guarantee that you'll get to sit with your friends or family." so it sounds like by default they'll assign together.

And once they randomly assign seats will there still be an option to buy different seats?

Offline yochai

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 10, 2024, 09:17:06 PM »
Does anyone know if I'm not paying for seats will they TRY to put both passengers on same reservation together or they'll randomly assigns seats separately? Flight looks empty so there will be plenty of seats together during online check-in. On there website they say "Spirit will randomly assign you a seat at check-in for free, but we can't guarantee that you'll get to sit with your friends or family." so it sounds like by default they'll assign together.

And once they randomly assign seats will there still be an option to buy different seats?
Flew Spirit yesterday with a friend. Checked in 3 hours before the flight and got seated together in row 6 on a relatively full flight. I definitely don’t think they’ll split passengers intentionally (as some European ULCCs do)

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 10, 2024, 09:34:24 PM »
Flew Spirit yesterday with a friend.
FTFY based on thread title

Offline TzviR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • [b]Learn to play for a kumzits in 5 weeks!
« Reply #329 on: April 10, 2024, 10:50:42 PM »

Keep in mind there's no real way to see how empty the flight is because most people don't have assigned seats yet

My  prizes from CV :)

Offline ShimonFly

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY SL
« Reply #330 on: April 11, 2024, 12:24:01 AM »
Flew Spirit yesterday with a friend. Checked in 3 hours before the flight and got seated together in row 6 on a relatively full flight. I definitely don’t think they’ll split passengers intentionally (as some European ULCCs do)
I heard that they assign automatically back to front, so the later you check in the more front you'll get
Keep in mind there's no real way to see how empty the flight is because most people don't have assigned seats yet
I was able to book this flight for $66 RT a week before departure, so I'd guess it's empty

Offline yochai

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 11, 2024, 12:19:59 PM »
I heard that they assign automatically back to front, so the later you check in the more front you'll get
Makes sense. Leaves them time to try and upsell seats to those assigned to the back.

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 12, 2024, 03:38:24 PM »

I've flown with family a few times and they never split us or other families we saw flying. It seems like they try to keep passengers near each other.
Visibly Jewish