Author Topic: Delta Skymiles Audit  (Read 1793 times)

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Delta Skymiles Audit
« on: January 11, 2019, 12:27:25 PM »
Anyone ever go thru one?
I tried combining accounts with different DOB over the phone and the rep told me they have to review it... Next thing I know I get an error message when trying to make award bookings. When I called the rep tells me my account is under audit.

Offline Sig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Delta Skymiles Audit
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 12:34:08 PM »
Anyone ever go thru one?
I tried combining accounts with different DOB over the phone and the rep told me they have to review it... Next thing I know I get an error message when trying to make award bookings. When I called the rep tells me my account is under audit.
So were they both your accounts and only had miles from flights flown by you? If so, you're probably good as the paper trail is pretty good on that. If not, well you can probably kiss both those accounts goodbye. Delta and AA have a lengthy history of being very strict about their FF program rules and historically haven't hesitated to close accounts.

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 12:52:32 PM »
So were they both your accounts and only had miles from flights flown by you? If so, you're probably good as the paper trail is pretty good on that. If not, well you can probably kiss both those accounts goodbye. Delta and AA have a lengthy history of being very strict about their FF program rules and historically haven't hesitated to close accounts.
both my accounts. miles were from amex

Offline tmendy226

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 02:28:26 AM »
I’m diamond with delta for a couple of years and they audited me for having made some bookings with only one of my first names claiming there were different people using the account. I tried talking to them in every way possible including diamond line and being transferred to supervisors et etc and emailing customer service and twitter and nothing helped, they were saying that it is a special department handling these stuff and there’s no way to contact them.

I needed to make a reservation using miles so I emailed HQ and someone got back to me within 48 hours, apologized and fixed the issue right away.

Offline TravelSER

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 09:40:31 AM »
I’m diamond with delta for a couple of years and they audited me for having made some bookings with only one of my first names claiming there were different people using the account. I tried talking to them in every way possible including diamond line and being transferred to supervisors et etc and emailing customer service and twitter and nothing helped, they were saying that it is a special department handling these stuff and there’s no way to contact them.

I needed to make a reservation using miles so I emailed HQ and someone got back to me within 48 hours, apologized and fixed the issue right away.
Interesting, booked out of my accounts for multiple people, B"h never had any issues. 

Offline chinagel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 12:21:09 AM »

Mind sharing who you emailed? feel free to PM me

Offline tmendy226

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz PC, Flying Blue petroleum, SPG Gold, National Executive, Hilton Gold
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 10:06:24 AM »
Mind sharing who you emailed? feel free to PM me

I don’t remember. Google it