Author Topic: American kicks Jewish family off flights because of 'body odor'  (Read 22206 times)

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: Jewish Family Kicked Off American Airlines
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2019, 09:08:22 PM »
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: American kicks Jewish family off flights because of 'body odor'
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2019, 09:15:32 PM »
crazy stuff! how many times did i actually sit next someone with Body odor and just lived with it :-\
http://www.ivelt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=946576#p946576
A fat guy saw who his neighbor is, as he was sitting down he said to himself "Oh the shower was broken i didn't take one for 3 days already", it didn't take long he got a new neighbor.
I guess doesn't always workout right
["-"]

Offline Luvisrael

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2019, 09:15:41 PM »
https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2019/01/24/family-kicked-off-american-airlines-flight-for-foul-odor-claims-discrimination/

Jewish Family Kicked Off American Airlines.... He doesn't shower because of religious reasons??!!
quote “ Furthermore, the family’s claim seems unlikely considering,
Their religion wasn’t listed on the manifest“

Humph how would anyone know Their Jewish...

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2019, 09:17:07 PM »
I know this family personally. They are the last people I would ever expect to have body odor. They are very normal people. (Yes, SHOCKING, Detroit has normal people!)
Did Gary contact u to verify u know them?

Offline Mimo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National executive elite, Hertz pc
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2019, 10:02:13 PM »
does anyone think that aa is going to say that only one passenger complained or only one crew member said that the family had BO?

from what i've seen in other cases when ever a crew member has an issue with a passenger it makes no difference if the complaint is correct the captain and all the other crew will back the single crew member making the fuss

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2019, 10:02:54 PM »
I'd just like to point out that nobody here has any right or reason to just claim that religious discrimination took place in this case. I get that the couple is claiming that but according to their own story, they don't really know if that's the case or not since they didn't even ask why they were being removed until they were already off the plane. Calling anti-semitism when you have absolutely no way of proving it does a disservice to all of us and does only harm, not good. Imagine if the same story took place with a black family and they claimed discrimination, half the people here would be saying that they are overreacting and calling racism just to justify themselves when they can't prove it. Don't be a hypocrite just because you happen to be Jewish also. While anti-semitism has been on the rise around the world in general, we should not be so quick to use it as an excuse for self-justification, especially when it is not verifiable and no violence took place.

Just my $.02.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2019, 10:59:09 PM »
quote “ Furthermore, the family’s claim seems unlikely considering,
Their religion wasn’t listed on the manifest“

Humph how would anyone know Their Jewish...
Another good point. Yeah, he’s an idiot
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2019, 11:00:32 PM »
I'd just like to point out that nobody here has any right or reason to just claim that religious discrimination took place in this case. I get that the couple is claiming that but according to their own story, they don't really know if that's the case or not since they didn't even ask why they were being removed until they were already off the plane. Calling anti-semitism when you have absolutely no way of proving it does a disservice to all of us and does only harm, not good. Imagine if the same story took place with a black family and they claimed discrimination, half the people here would be saying that they are overreacting and calling racism just to justify themselves when they can't prove it. Don't be a hypocrite just because you happen to be Jewish also. While anti-semitism has been on the rise around the world in general, we should not be so quick to use it as an excuse for self-justification, especially when it is not verifiable and no violence took place.

Just my $.02.
One thing I promise you. If that couple was black, Gary wouldn’t have written that article
like that. Not even close.

Not to mention, there’s no way in hell it would ever happen. And yes. There are blacks that smell too.

Offline wayfe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2019, 11:06:33 PM »

Just my $.02.

The entire world would be in an uproar if a black couple got kicked off a plane because people complained that they had BO. I bet we'd even have politicians chiming in.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned."
— Richard Feynman

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2019, 11:07:28 PM »
The entire world would be in an uproar if a black couple got kicked off a plane because people complained that they had BO. I bet we'd even have politicians chiming in.
Yea, and it would be just as ridiculous to assume it was discrimination as it is here.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline wayfe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2019, 11:14:27 PM »
Yea, and it would be just as ridiculous to assume it was discrimination as it is here.

It would never happen. Regardless of whether the BO is real or not. They'd be too afraid of the backlash.

I'd be hard-pressed to believe that a kempt, normal family like that has body odor bad enough to warrant being kicked off.

When it's that bad, there are usually other signs of lack of hygiene.

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned."
— Richard Feynman

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2019, 11:15:53 PM »
Perhaps. But you know what is discrimination? The way Gary and others are reacting/non-reacting to it. Discrimination or not, it’s definitely no less discrimination than it would be if it were perpetrated upon any other minority.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2019, 11:17:28 PM »
It would never happen. Regardless of whether the BO is real or not. They'd be too afraid of the backlash.

I'd be hard-pressed to believe that a kempt, normal family like that has body odor bad enough to warrant being kicked off.

When it's that bad, there are usually other signs of lack of hygiene.
+infinity

And that, my friends, is discrimination.

Offline Mimo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National executive elite, Hertz pc
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2019, 11:49:43 PM »
The quick response to acknowledge this story by aa leads me to think that they know they did something wrong

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2019, 11:59:27 PM »

Just my $.02.
I dunno, I'm not going to count the comments, but it looks to me that besides the people who actually know the family, people are more likely to believe frum people stink rather than that the worst airline in the country by almost every metric may have screwed up.

Shrug.gif

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2019, 12:07:52 AM »
I dunno, I'm not going to count the comments, but it looks to me that besides the people who actually know the family, people are more likely to believe frum people stink rather than that the worst airline in the country by almost every metric may have screwed up.

Shrug.gif
Should I laugh or cry?
["-"]

Offline Lou Bob

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2019, 12:20:44 AM »
Someone bring back @ChaimMoskowitz
Always use an Amex, you'll thank me one day.

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2019, 02:26:57 AM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna962321

Meanwhile, the University of Houston on Thursday defended an engineering professor who urged students — especially those from India and southeast Asia — to be aware of body odor issues.

The message was sent to graduate engineering students, NBC affiliate KPRC reported.

"People from India use lots of spices and people from other Southeast Asian countries use lot of garlic which has lots of health benefits," according to a message. "However, there is one problem. The body odor due to consumption of these foods becomes strong."
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2019, 08:08:39 AM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna962321
Didn't we have a thread about this at some point? I think foods were mentioned specifically.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2019, 08:13:11 AM »
Ok, so I did some digging. And I found out what they ate right before going to the airport.

And, well, this might explain a few things:

And I don't want to say who serves this, but they may or may not advertise this dish:

Anyway, you know what they say, you eat merde you smell like merde...

/joke.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)