Author Topic: American kicks Jewish family off flights because of 'body odor'  (Read 6911 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: American kicks Jewish family off flights because of 'body odor'
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2019, 12:11:43 PM »
So, who think we should post a free deodorant sample deal?

https://primalpitpaste.com/pages/free-deodorant-mini

Too soon?

Just tell people they can use baking soda.

Ingredient list: Organic Shea Butter, Organic Arrowroot Powder, Non-Aluminum Baking Soda, Organic Coconut Oil, Candelilla Wax, Lavender Essential Oil, Non-GMO Vitamin E derived 100% from Sunflowers.

Primal Pit Paste uses baking soda to bust stinkies of all sizes. If this is your first baking soda deodorant, use this Guide for First-Timers.

Because Primal Pit Paste is aluminum-free, you will sweat naturally... but you'll smell awesome. Organic arrowroot powder helps you feel dry while allowing your body to release toxins through sweat.

Our deodorants use a base of moisture-rich, organic coconut oil and organic shea butter to soothe your skin.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline mendyt

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2019, 12:12:34 PM »
Ever heard of a 3-day yom-tov ;D

Plus judging by the smell of a mikva is not quite fair.
First of all ask your LOR there are ways to shower in yomtov. 
And I didnt mention where it was, I promise you that you wont judge once I tell you where it was.
It was the people using the mikvah plus they dont put chlorine in the mikvah and instead change the water daily

Offline knowitall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2019, 12:15:12 PM »
I dunno, I'm not going to count the comments, but it looks to me that besides the people who actually know the family, people are more likely to believe frum people stink rather than that the worst airline in the country by almost every metric may have screwed up.

Shrug.gif
+1000
I'm not sure why so many people just assume AA was in the right and the pax were wrong.
and even if one of them did smell, (which I doubt, as it was in the 70s in MIA that day and they are normal people)

1) AA promised them their luggage, then lied and sent it to detroit.
2) both of them smelled bad enough to warrant getting booted from the plane???? It doesn't seem they really did "an individual smell test", rather just said "you guys smell, out!" If one had an issue, the other should still have been allowed to fly.
3)Why were they allowed to fly the next day, wearing the same clothes?

Idk if they were discriminated against for being jewish or not, but I highly doubt AA was justified in booting them.

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2019, 12:17:56 PM »
Wow, Lucky's post is so much better than Gary's. (can you believe it?  :o)

https://onemileatatime.com/family-kicked-off-flight-odor/
I'm not generally a fan of Lucky's posts on these kinds of things but I think this one was actually really good.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline whYME

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2019, 12:21:00 PM »
Was this an overbooked flight?

Offline LoLo

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2019, 12:37:37 PM »
1) AA promised them their luggage, then lied and sent it to detroit.

Aren't they legally required to remove the luggage from the plane?

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2019, 12:41:26 PM »
What does the reporter who interviewed them in the airport say? Dis s/he feel that they smelled? What about the camera crew?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2019, 12:42:45 PM »
Hey mods, should this thread be merged with the other "body odor" thread into a "Master thread of Body Odor social norms"?
-- Dan

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2019, 12:57:20 PM »
I'd just like to point out that nobody here has any right or reason to just claim that religious discrimination took place in this case. I get that the couple is claiming that but according to their own story, they don't really know if that's the case or not since they didn't even ask why they were being removed until they were already off the plane. Calling anti-semitism when you have absolutely no way of proving it does a disservice to all of us and does only harm, not good. Imagine if the same story took place with a black family and they claimed discrimination, half the people here would be saying that they are overreacting and calling racism just to justify themselves when they can't prove it. Don't be a hypocrite just because you happen to be Jewish also. While anti-semitism has been on the rise around the world in general, we should not be so quick to use it as an excuse for self-justification, especially when it is not verifiable and no violence took place.

Just my $.02.

The reason why you have to "imagine" this happening to a black family, is because it will never happen, no matter how smelly the blacks might be.
Furthermore, there's definitely smelly people from all walks of life, and obviously certain ethnicities and races more than others. However, this family is a nice clean cut family, you'd never expect anyone from any ethnicity that looks clean cut, to ever be thrown off a plane. And yes it would be upsetting if that happened, no matter the ethnicity.

In other words, it only happened to a clean cut family because people on the plane are anti-semitic, and the airline was more than happy to satisfy racists instead of ignoring them or solving it in a way that was not degrading or bothersome for the family. Despite Jewish people being a small % of the US, more than 50% of hate crime is against Jews, this is just another example of the widespread anti-semitic mentality that you think doesn't exist.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 01:00:40 PM by yuneeq »

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2019, 01:31:48 PM »
Despite Jewish people being a small % of the US, more than 50% of hate crime is against Jews, this is just another example of the widespread anti-semitic mentality that you think doesn't exist.

Where does that statistic come from?
-- Dan

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Platinum Elite, American Express Platinum
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2019, 01:35:04 PM »
The reason why you have to "imagine" this happening to a black family, is because it will never happen, no matter how smelly the blacks might be.
Furthermore, there's definitely smelly people from all walks of life, and obviously certain ethnicities and races more than others. However, this family is a nice clean cut family, you'd never expect anyone from any ethnicity that looks clean cut, to ever be thrown off a plane. And yes it would be upsetting if that happened, no matter the ethnicity.

In other words, it only happened to a clean cut family because people on the plane are anti-semitic, and the airline was more than happy to satisfy racists instead of ignoring them or solving it in a way that was not degrading or bothersome for the family. Despite Jewish people being a small % of the US, more than 50% of hate crime is against Jews, this is just another example of the widespread anti-semitic mentality that you think doesn't exist.
Does anybody really believe anti-semitism doesn’t exist? Just read the comments thread on any major online publication when there’s a story that involves a Jew.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2019, 01:47:21 PM »
Where does that statistic come from?
FBI releases bias crime stats. Giyf. Though I believe the stat is being misrepresented, it's over 50% of *religious* based bias crimes.
Quote from: ExGingi
Yehuda57 needs to spew a certain amount of sarcasm in order to survive through the day.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2019, 01:58:07 PM »
FBI releases bias crime stats. Giyf. Though I believe the stat is being misrepresented, it's over 50% of *religious* based bias crimes.
That makes a lot more sense.
-- Dan

Offline chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2019, 02:31:42 PM »
Invalid Tweet ID
@knowitall can you verify this?

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2019, 02:46:53 PM »

In the news not so long ago..

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-united-airlines-lawsuit-pungent-odor-20180512-story.html
Nigerian woman kicked off United flight after white man complained she was 'pungent': lawsuit
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.