Author Topic: Help! Chase Travel Issues!!  (Read 479 times)

Offline ShlomoI

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Help! Chase Travel Issues!!
« on: October 06, 2020, 04:21:25 PM »
Sorry if this is the wrong forum...

I was fortunate enough to get in on the Qatar airways flight change policy and rebook my flight through Chase from Jakarta to the Maldives. Here is where it goes down hill...

Within a week of making the change, I went on to Qatar’s website to check the flight and noticed that the booking reference was showing an error message. I immediately called Chase Travel and the supervisor on the line escalated the issue to the call recording department since it appeared to be an issue with Chase ticketing (it was). A week later after having heard nothing I called again and was informed that they were resubmitted the call to the call recording department and to expect a call back likely within 48-72 hours but no more than a week. A week and a half later, this past Friday, October 2nd, I received a message the Supervisor Desk stating “We have completed our investigation and have made the following determination. We can not proved a change of dates. Our travel consultant provided a recap of the dates and times before completing the reservation. When we completed your reservation, we sent a confirmation to the email address you provided at the time of booking.” Being that this did not remotely come close to making sense given the issue I was having, I called back again and was told that the original flight I booked was no longer available and eventually was transferred to ticketing. The representative I spoke with at ticketing offered to book me on a British Airways flight but I was hesitant to confirm the flight without first checking the UK COVID policy. When I called back yesterday morning, Monday October 5th, I found out that the agent had not logged our conversation and was eventually put in touch with a different agent from ticketing who first called the airline and then submitted a request with the ticketing supervisor to book one of two alternative flights on difference airlines. This morning I awoke to a message left at 2:00 AM stating that “as for the preferred flight you have, this should only be, solely, for Qatar airways and no other airline.” I then called back today and was informed by ticketing that there is no possible way to book me on another airline and they can only refund me the flight or book me a 9 hour layover in Qatar.

Does anyone have any advice for next steps? Are there any chanels within or outside of Chase I should be trying to utilize???

Thanks in advance!