Author Topic: Help w/ LGA Car Rentals  (Read 4606 times)

Offline Cbs

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
Re: Help w/ LGA Car Rentals
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2011, 11:22:52 PM »
so if i understand correctly, u enter ur bid and ur info and then someone else can out bid that? or on the spot u get that price?

Offline Cbs

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 11:30:47 PM »
"Minimum Age Requirements

Priceline.com offers car rentals to drivers between the ages of 21 and 24 years old in select locations. Rentals for drivers between the ages of 18 and 20 are available in New York only. Enter the details of your trip and we'll tell you if we can fulfill your request.

Those companies that allow renters under the age of 25 charge Young Renter Fees. These fees typically start at $20 per day and can be as much as $50 per day for high cost locations or more desirable car types. For example, a rental car that normally costs $30 per day could cost an underage driver at least $50 per day.

With priceline.com, you should include these additional fees in your offer price. If your request is accepted, you will not be charged any additional Young Renter Fees at the rental counter.
how will they know that u added that in ur offer price?
and secondly 18 - 21 yrs old u can only rent without underage fee with USAA, so if i wrote that age will they give me Hertz and then ill be able to add the USAA CDP code?

Offline Brian

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2011, 11:32:29 PM »
so if i understand correctly, u enter ur bid and ur info and then someone else can out bid that? or on the spot u get that price?
You enter a bid, then price line will tell you how much extra they will charge you for taxes. You are not bidding against anyone, priceline has in their system the best price they could get from rental companies, if your bid is higher than that price (I don’t know by how much) they will give it to you. You could only bid once in 24 hours using the same credit card, you should start with a low bid and if you get rejected try again using a different credit card or wait 24 hours. They will give you a answer on the spot.

Offline Brian

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2011, 11:36:06 PM »
how will they know that u added that in ur offer price?
When you place the bid they ask you for your age, that way they know they will need to pay underage fees.