Author Topic: Amex (Canada) Messed Up  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Alexsei

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
Amex (Canada) Messed Up
« on: January 31, 2019, 03:29:53 PM »
To make a long story short, I called in Amex 2 weeks before my due date on a business platinum card to cancel the pre authorized debit of $46k, and I made manual payment.

Fast forward 2 weeks I see my bank in overdraft, what happened? Amex did pull out the payment!!

Frustrated I call them they apologize, promise to send a refund cheque Express Courier, ok!!

I ask Amex if they'll cover my interest and fees on payments that bounced due to the overdraft, they say well if we can verify that you indeed called in and requested to stop it we will refund you, I gave them the exact date and time the call was made, Lo and behold the rep called me back 2 hours later that they pulled the call and I'm 100% right, in that case once I have documentation of the fees incurred they will process a refund.

Is the matter resolved? So I thought, the refund cheque finally arrives Today, but they put my personal name and my personal address, the credit card is on my business name and address but no mention of my business name or address on the refund cheque, the bank will not accept it.

I just put down the phone with them, they promised to send me a replacement refund cheque ASAP, now I've come to terms with what ASAP means, and it ain't fun.

What compensation can I expect for these troubles ?

ETA: I realized I couldn't make the long story short after all
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: Amex (Canada) Messed Up
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 05:08:30 PM »
To make a long story short, I called in Amex 2 weeks before my due date on a business platinum card to cancel the pre authorized debit of $46k, and I made manual payment.

Fast forward 2 weeks I see my bank in overdraft, what happened? Amex did pull out the payment!!

Frustrated I call them they apologize, promise to send a refund cheque Express Courier, ok!!

I ask Amex if they'll cover my interest and fees on payments that bounced due to the overdraft, they say well if we can verify that you indeed called in and requested to stop it we will refund you, I gave them the exact date and time the call was made, Lo and behold the rep called me back 2 hours later that they pulled the call and I'm 100% right, in that case once I have documentation of the fees incurred they will process a refund.

Is the matter resolved? So I thought, the refund cheque finally arrives Today, but they put my personal name and my personal address, the credit card is on my business name and address but no mention of my business name or address on the refund cheque, the bank will not accept it.

I just put down the phone with them, they promised to send me a replacement refund cheque ASAP, now I've come to terms with what ASAP means, and it ain't fun.

What compensation can I expect for these troubles ?

ETA: I realized I couldn't make the long story short after all
On the good side you got back all your money, and for the time and hassle try to see if they can give you some rewards.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline ludmila

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 05:11:15 PM »
100,000 MR :)
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 05:45:37 PM »
100,000 MR :)
In your dreams, or at least 1 membership for each dollar they made a mistake on.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline ludmila

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 05:46:46 PM »
In your dreams, or at least 1 membership for each dollar they made a mistake on.
You missed the smiley next to the 100,000.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 06:02:37 PM »
You missed the smiley next to the 100,000.
Nope saw it and smiled, and then wrote my reply.  :)

Offline Alexsei

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 06:45:49 PM »
On the good side you got back all your money, and for the time and hassle try to see if they can give you some rewards.

No i do not, they say they are still trying to get me out a cheque with the company name on it
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline SamCan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 01:27:22 AM »
I onçe told a rep on the phone to make a payment, which he didn't process. The next day I realized that there was no pending payment. I called up again and the manager pulled the call and gave me 5k points for the trouble.
This was amex canada, and I managed to push through a payment before the due date.