Author Topic: Need someone to spend big, please advise  (Read 8775 times)

Offline dylouis85

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Need someone to spend big, please advise
« on: February 02, 2019, 03:24:48 PM »
I'd like to get the CapOne Spark business bonus for spending $45k in the next few months but I can't manage that.  Happy to hear tips on how to make it happen, or if someone can spend we can negotiate.
I'd not located in the US though, which complicates thinks potentially.

Thank you,
Danny

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Need someone to spend big, please advise
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 06:12:35 PM »
Exhibit A, your honor, as to why things like Crown Heights happen.

Posting on a forum to random people asking them use your CC? Whatever could go wrong?

Perhaps don't sign up for cards for which you'll have an issue meeting thresholds? Or just meet the first 5/10k threshold and be content?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 07:24:16 PM »
Yup this should be posted in that thread there. Maybe that will get the naysayers there to realize why it’s imperative that the fallout be publicized.

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 08:21:55 PM »
Which card is this?
I see a Cap1 card for biz that needs $4,500 of apending in 3 months.  Not $45,000.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 08:29:20 PM »
Which card is this?
I see a Cap1 card for biz that needs $4,500 of apending in 3 months.  Not $45,000.
It ended already was a 2k bonus.

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 01:13:11 AM »
Which card is this?
It ended already was a 2k bonus.
For $4500 you get $500.  For 10 X the spend you only get 4 X the bonus. Bad deal.

Offline Muhammad

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 01:55:19 AM »
Exhibit A, your honor, as to why things like Crown Heights happen.

Posting on a forum to random people asking them use your CC? Whatever could go wrong?

Perhaps don't sign up for cards for which you'll have an issue meeting thresholds? Or just meet the first 5/10k threshold and be content?
+1000

Offline dylouis85

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 03:30:32 AM »
Thanks for everyone's responses.  It'll be my business if I find someone who can spend, and if I consider them reliable.  Maybe I would find a small business owner, whose identity I can confirm.  Did it hurt to post the question?  It's not like I posted pictures of the card and my billing address.  Slow down.

I also asked for tips, not just someone who can spend.

The total profit if I can avoid the costs of spending for the entire bonus (200,000 points) would be around $3k.  It's worth it for me.  It's even worth it for me to just paypal it and pay 3%, but why not try this first.

So I guess I'll ask again, do any of you have any POSITIVE and HELPFUL information to share, or do you just want to try (unsuccessfully) to make me feel like an idiot for my post?

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 03:46:08 AM »

All your friends and relatives in NY and elsewhere paying utility bills.  Can't do this on a big scale, but can you get some friends to use your card - and pay you back.
In NY ConEd payments: fee of $3.35 for up to $1500 payment. 

Likewise National Grid: $2.25 fee for up to $600 payment.
arcadiapower.com - I haven't looked into this, but was just told that it allows you to pay utilites with cc without fees.
Phone/ cellphone bills.

Buying groups.  There's some risk, so choose the group carefully and keep detailed records. orders, tracking #s, amount paid, amount to be paid back, etc.

Tuition. For someone in your family, or aquaintance who tends to pay everything in cash/ checks.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2019, 05:11:08 AM »

Thanks for everyone's responses.  It'll be my business if I find someone who can spend, and if I consider them reliable.  Maybe I would find a small business owner, whose identity I can confirm.  Did it hurt to post the question?  It's not like I posted pictures of the card and my billing address.  Slow down.

The total profit if I can avoid the costs of spending for the entire bonus (200,000 points) would be around $3k.  It's worth it for me.  It's even worth it for me to just paypal it and pay 3%, but why not try this first.

So I guess I'll ask again, do any of you have any POSITIVE and HELPFUL information to share, or do you just want to try (unsuccessfully) to make me feel like an idiot for my post?

Let me help you:
Read the forums rules.

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=31.msg238.msg#238

-Try to find the board that is the best place for your topic.
-Perform a search prior to posting a new thread to see if it's already being discussed.

Here's 7 threads you could have posted in. And there are many many more. Why do we need to repeat ourselves every time someone wants information. Anything that will be shared here has already been shared. Just search.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Edansdeals%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D71290%2E0&share_tid=71290&share_fid=16768&share_type=t

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Edansdeals%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D3459%2E0&share_tid=3459&share_fid=16768&share_type=t

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Edansdeals%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D69528%2E0&share_tid=69528&share_fid=16768&share_type=t

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Edansdeals%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D55285%2E0&share_tid=55285&share_fid=16768&share_type=t

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Edansdeals%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D14382%2E0&share_tid=14382&share_fid=16768&share_type=t

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Edansdeals%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D63656%2E0&share_tid=63656&share_fid=16768&share_type=t

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Edansdeals%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D5329%2E0&share_tid=5329&share_fid=16768&share_type=t
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2019, 06:18:06 AM »

the point here is not to make you feel like an idiot, rather to make sure you understand what your getting yourself into....

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2019, 08:55:53 AM »
the point here is not to make you feel like an idiot, rather to make sure you understand what your getting yourself into....
+100
Or would you rather we keep quiet and then respond to you in one of the credit card scam threads? When you and the guy swiping are trying to figure out how to dispute charges and avoid jail time?

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2019, 09:01:05 AM »
With this persons smarter-than-thou attitude I silently hope he gets screwed.... 

Some people can never take good advice because they know better
#TYH

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2019, 11:43:56 AM »

You won't get a more HELPFUL response than @AJK's was.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2019, 09:34:45 PM »

It seems to me that everyone is just trying to help you, noth the other way around. Their words may come across harsh but after seeing recent stories, it hits people the wrong way when they read a post like yours. And BTW- this guy in Crown Heights was also a "small business owner" who was able to be verified. Do YOUR OWN spending. It's simply not worth it otherwise. And don't even think family and friends- that has potential for even worse outcomes. Lots of debt AND lost friendships and/or relationships. Everyone here means your good. Hatzlacha.

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2019, 12:55:51 AM »

The number 1 sign of a business is having trouble is when they need your credit card to swipe, rather than using their own and generate points themselves.
There's always a reason why they can't get credit or why they've been banned from credit lenders.

Offline Boruch Parnes

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2019, 06:40:37 AM »

Buying groups.  There's some risk, so choose the group carefully and keep detailed records. orders, tracking #s, amount paid, amount to be paid back, etc.

[/font]
+1

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2019, 06:57:13 AM »

Do you have any idea what level of underwriting is required to lend a small business 45k unsecured?

Offline DealKiller

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2019, 06:58:44 AM »
I can do the spend for you. What is in it for me?

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2019, 07:29:36 AM »
I can do the spend for you. What is in it for me?
You get to keep the money! ;D