Author Topic: Cancel Ukraine Air ticket due to medical reasons  (Read 2909 times)

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Cancel Ukraine Air ticket due to medical reasons
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2019, 11:23:52 PM »
I booked directly with UIA.
I emailed them the problem and they responded:

" Information that is necessary for special conditions of date change should contain the diagnosis, date of application to the medical institution, duration of disease.
Please, note the medical certificate must be signed by attending doctor, and stamped by doctor and hospital stamp."

Unfortunately, the letter I had already gotten from the doctor made it sound as if the problem has been ongoing for an extended time.  So they denied me.
I responded that at the time I made the tickets, I didn't know he'd still be sick.
They responded that I can have a refund of the taxes of $275 per ticket. 
I took their offer.
Officially they refund for medical reasons but can be a pain to get the refund, best way is to email them.

If you just cancel outright, they refund the taxes plus the YQ/YR which in this case is almost the whole ticket (only works if you booked directly with them and it's not within 24 hours of the flight), easiest way to do this is on messenger.com @ UIAhelper and type in "talk to agent".

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Cancel Ukraine Air ticket due to medical reasons
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2019, 11:33:24 PM »
I know.  :D

I paid $300 a ticket.  A refund of $275 is close enough.
A $25 loss is not worth going back to the doctor for a better letter, and working on convincing UIA.
My favorite cause: cssy.org