Author Topic: Apple iPhone Master Thread  (Read 32239 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Apple iPhone Master Thread
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2021, 09:35:27 PM »
Agreed, though I didn't think anyone would think otherwise.

I could see how your response to thingywingy could be interpreted to mean they might replace the device he was asking about today.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline sddd

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2021, 11:48:20 PM »
is the iphone 2020 se unlockable? anyone offer that service in bklyn?

Offline m.m.

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2021, 12:09:09 AM »
is the iphone 2020 se unlockable? anyone offer that service in bklyn?
In general, can be done online, though belongs here https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=1725.0.

Offline Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2021, 06:04:55 AM »
Amazing offer for trade in with TMobile.

https://slickdeals.net/share/android_app/t/15340573

Better than last offer.
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2021, 04:37:22 PM »
Amazing offer for trade in with TMobile.

https://slickdeals.net/share/android_app/t/15340573

Better than last offer.

Yup, and you don't need MagentaMax and it's an instant discount so you don't pay taxes on the full amount and don't have to deal with 24/30 months of bill credits that you'd have to wait for.

Now the question is, what value do I get out of iPhone 13 vs iPhone 12 that justify a $200 upgrade? Any word on whether this triggers Forever Upgrade? If I understood correctly, the previous BestBuy trade in reportedly triggered that.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2021, 04:57:33 PM »
What does activating on T-Mobile require?
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2021, 05:21:53 PM »
What does activating on T-Mobile require?
You need to have the account holder name, last 4 digits social and have one number of the TMobile plan - so they can send you a one time password to authenticate.
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline cozmohoot

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2021, 08:13:26 PM »
If someone has an iPhone 8 how is this such a good trade in deal?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2021, 09:08:12 PM »
For what it’s worth a Verizon representative told me I can’t unlock my iPhone until the phone is fully paid off and paying it off early will forfeit the remainder the monthly trade in credit. I am skeptical if it’s true
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2021, 09:37:02 PM »
For what it’s worth a Verizon representative told me I can’t unlock my iPhone until the phone is fully paid off and paying it off early will forfeit the remainder the monthly trade in credit. I am skeptical if it’s true
That’s the industry standard nowadays.

It’s the “new type of contract” to get you to stay with them for 2-3 years (instead of the olden days where you got a “free phone” but signed a 2-3 year service agreement).

Offline m.m.

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2021, 10:42:49 PM »
For what it’s worth a Verizon representative told me I can’t unlock my iPhone until the phone is fully paid off paying it off early will forfeit the remainder the monthly trade in credit. I am skeptical if it’s true
That is correct, very clear in their terms, though not sure of the first half.
On the other hand, T-Mobile lets you pay it off at the beginning, and continues the monthly credits.

It’s the “new type of contract” to get you to stay with them for 2-3 years (instead of the olden days where you got a “free phone” but signed a 2-3 year service agreement).
The standard is separating the price of phone from plan, and that you'll get credits monthly as long as your a customer.
I'm not sure what AT&T does, but I've only heard of Verizon stopping the monthly credits as soon as the phone is paid off, if paid off early.

Offline lubaby

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2021, 11:15:12 PM »
On the other hand, T-Mobile lets you pay it off at the beginning, and continues the monthly credits. The standard is separating the price of phone from plan, and that you'll get credits monthly as long as your a customer.
Have you seen this in practice or writing anywhere?

How does that work? The way it seems is there is a monthly charge for the phone on the plan, and then a corresponding credit deducing your payment amount.

If there is no charge (since the EIP is paid off / closed?), you’re saying it would still activate the credit somehow (for the next 2+ years)?

Offline m.m.

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2021, 11:41:37 PM »
Have you seen this in practice or writing anywhere?

How does that work? The way it seems is there is a monthly charge for the phone on the plan, and then a corresponding credit deducing your payment amount.

If there is no charge (since the EIP is paid off / closed?), you’re saying it would still activate the credit somehow (for the next 2+ years)?
Yes, was told this in a store location, and I have seen this in practice over the past year (on the account that I'm on, not my line though), it comes as it would normally, the only difference is that there is no monthly charge for the phone.
In other words, there's the monthly charge for the phone and the monthly credit, which aren't dependent on each other (at least with T-Mobile).

Offline lubaby

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2021, 11:57:47 PM »
Yes, was told this in a store location, and I have seen this in practice over the past year (on the account that I'm on, not my line though), it comes as it would normally, the only difference is that there is no monthly charge for the phone.
In other words, there's the monthly charge for the phone and the monthly credit, which aren't dependent on each other (at least with T-Mobile).
Cool, good to know.

I’m on T-Mobile and may end up doing this for the trade in promo, I guess I’ll report back if I do go ahead with it and it works out.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2021, 12:38:36 AM »
Cool, good to know.

I’m on T-Mobile and may end up doing this for the trade in promo, I guess I’ll report back if I do go ahead with it and it works out.

You can trade in a phone at a 3rd party (Apple, Best Buy etc) that isn’t paid off, but you’d have to pay it off to do a trade-in with T-mobile directly. Once you pay it off and trade it in, you’ll continue to get credits for the traded-in phone. In fact, the same line can get credits for multiple device promotions concurrently, e.g. if the device you’re getting for the trade-in also has monthly bill credits.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2021, 12:40:00 AM »

Might be true, though I’ve had T-mobile unlock a phone that wasn’t paid off (they did it “as an exception”). They will typically only do it after the phone was active with T-mobile for 40 days, I’m not sure why that’s the threshold.

Offline m.m.

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2021, 11:47:46 AM »
You can trade in a phone at a 3rd party (Apple, Best Buy etc) that isn’t paid off, but you’d have to pay it off to do a trade-in with T-mobile directly. Once you pay it off and trade it in, you’ll continue to get credits for the traded-in phone. In fact, the same line can get credits for multiple device promotions concurrently, e.g. if the device you’re getting for the trade-in also has monthly bill credits.
To clarify, if I fully pay off my phone with T-Mobile early, and trade it in to them for a deal, while paying off the second, I'll be getting credits for both phones?
Or you meant it in regards to the first part, only if done thru bestbuy/apple?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2021, 03:03:58 PM »
To clarify, if I fully pay off my phone with T-Mobile early, and trade it in to them for a deal, while paying off the second, I'll be getting credits for both phones?

I believe this to be the case, but have no personal experience. Apparently you can get two EIP credits on the same line, but only one active EIP that you owe money on.

Offline m.m.

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2021, 03:56:36 PM »
I believe this to be the case, but have no personal experience. Apparently you can get two EIP credits on the same line, but only one active EIP that you owe money on.
Thanks for the clarification.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2021, 05:10:07 PM »
To clarify I don’t want to cancel my Verizon service I just want it unlocked so I can also use foreign  SIM cards. Despite what the agent told me I believe they will do it for me after 60 days
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים