Author Topic: Wife devastated after losing wedding necklace on Delta flight. Any ideas?  (Read 2794 times)

Offline mobobs770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
We flew into ATL two weeks ago on a stopover for an intl trip. My wife noticed her bag as open at ATL making her think maybe something fell out. When we got to the destination she noticed her glasses case was missing, and in it was some Jewelry that (aside from being valuable) has a lot of sentimental value since it was from our wedding night. I asked Delta to check the lost and found at ATL and they said it's only held there for 48 hours and aside from filling out a form, they won't help me get in touch with the warehouse where these things get sent.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get in touch with that warehouse or get it on someone's radar at Delta?

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Sorry for your loss! Most likely it was stolen by TSA or baggage handlers. You can try reporting to them. Also, if it was lost, these get sent to a place that resells them online.

Offline Gvann

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
We flew into ATL two weeks ago on a stopover for an intl trip. My wife noticed her bag as open at ATL making her think maybe something fell out. When we got to the destination she noticed her glasses case was missing, and in it was some Jewelry that (aside from being valuable) has a lot of sentimental value since it was from our wedding night. I asked Delta to check the lost and found at ATL and they said it's only held there for 48 hours and aside from filling out a form, they won't help me get in touch with the warehouse where these things get sent.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get in touch with that warehouse or get it on someone's radar at Delta?

Put a dollar or two in the pushka and do rebbi meir baal hanes and then Send an email to deltaexecutiveoffice@delta.com with the biggest sob story you can come up with

Offline Gvann

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist

Just keeping in mind, ATL is one of (maybe the) busiest airports in the WORLD, it could be a prime target for thieves, especially being that its in Atlanta…. The fact that she randomly saw her bag was open may be because someone opened it. Just pointing out a possiblity

Offline Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
If u have travelers insurance, it may be covered (my choson watch was covered by Amex when it got lost on a trip down to Florida). Just keep copies of all communications.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
If u have travelers insurance, it may be covered (my choson watch was covered by Amex when it got lost on a trip down to Florida). Just keep copies of all communications.
Homeowner's or Renter's insurance may also cover, though doesn't help for the sentimental value.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Moshe Green

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Homeowner's or Renter's insurance may also cover, though doesn't help for the sentimental value.
Yeah. You'll need sentimental insurance for that.

Maybe to do such a thing would be to go on a second "honeymoon" (doesn't have to be Hawaii for 2 weeks, could be going away for Shabbos) with her and buy her a similar necklace to replace the old one. Not the same but being that its like a second honeymoon and the sentimental value will be at least a bit "made up".

Offline mobobs770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
We filed a claim and sent that email. Hopefully, we'll hear back from someone but I don't have high hopes...

I don't think homeowners insurance will cover it since I never added a rider for Jewelry. I was in the middle of it but unfortunately didn't send all the paperwork in.

Offline mobobs770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
If I bought the flights through the chase portal using points, do I have any travelers insurance from Chase?