Author Topic: Need help  (Read 1595 times)

Offline danR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Need help
« on: September 15, 2011, 03:38:49 PM »
I signed up for the 3 broswer method with chase last month, and got denied for all 3. I called back and they said they the reason I was denied was because I applied for too many cards within 30 days and I can only apply for 2 cards within 30 day period.

So I was approved for 2 cards the Saphire and Hyatt card. I called last night to get approved for the 3rd card the Continental card (i had an email with 50k promo that expired the day I applied - so i probably won't get that offer again), the letter said I can only reconsider with 30 days of the letter (which is today/tomorrow).

Last night they told me the same thing that i can't apply for more than 2 cards within 30 days, so my only option would be if I want the Continental card, is to close out one of the cards I was approved for the Hyatt or Saphire.

I haven't reach the 3k spend on Saphire so I won't cancel that, with the Hyatt I already made a purchase on the card( so i should have reach the requirement) and submitted payment to payoff balance, so they would cancel that card and give me the continental card.

My question is if they close out Hyatt will I lose out on the 2 nights? (I got the diamond level just before sign up so I could get the suites) I don't see the 2 nights in my Hyatt account and I am concerned they may not give me to me since my statement has not closed, but did make purchase and paid annual fee. The Chase rep didn't have an answer for me he said he wasn't sure if I would get it or not.

Can someone please help and give me advice what to do.

Thanks

Offline Side incomer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Need help
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 03:43:24 PM »
Very bad title. Could have 1 million definitions.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 04:16:46 PM »
Any chance your Hyatt statement closes before the 30 day reconsideration window closes?

Very bad title. Could have 1 million definitions.

+1

2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 04:28:08 PM »
Any chance your Hyatt statement closes before the 30 day reconsideration window closes?
Hyatt nights post within 1 week of purchase, regardless of statement date.
My gut tells me once you see the nights in your hyatt.com account that you're good to go...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline danR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 05:57:15 PM »
I just saw this on the Hyatt website for Diamond members

"This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Hyatt Credit Card cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Hyatt Credit Card cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment. If your account is not open for at least 3 months, Hyatt and Chase reserve the right to deduct the Suite Upgrade Free Night Awards from your Hyatt Gold Passport account. Annual fee applies. For pricing details, please see Pricing & Terms.

Since its my last day to reconsider with Chase (30 days) and I do not see my Hyatt nights in my account.
I just went to my Chase and got a banker to call up for me to reconsider, he put in special requested to reconsider, so i will see what happens, don't want to risk losing Hyatt suites

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 06:04:34 PM »
"This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Hyatt Credit Card cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Hyatt Credit Card cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment. If your account is not open for at least 3 months, Hyatt and Chase reserve the right to deduct the Suite Upgrade Free Night Awards from your Hyatt Gold Passport account. Annual fee applies. For pricing details, please see Pricing & Terms.

Insert mantra here.

Ha. Well, which one: YMMV or "try, try again."

The former.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.