Author Topic: Bed copier/scanner/printer for home use that doesn’t eat ink  (Read 5326 times)

Offline joe1234

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
Re: Bed copier/scanner/printer for home use that doesn’t eat ink
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2019, 01:16:08 AM »
I'd recommend a brother MFC monochrome laser (generic tonora work just fine) and a also buy a cheap $30 inkjet for the few times u need to print in color.
You then throw it out when it completely runs out, (google the model to find out how to "trick" the machine.. each one is diff) you buy a new one (cheaper than new legit tonor).
I wouldn't go for the generic ink on the cheap inkjets... I've tried it so many times, not worth the hassle.. just buy a new machine
Are there any other good printers that don't require chips for the toner?

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2019, 01:20:56 AM »
Are there any other good printers that don't require chips for the toner?
what's the big deal if it has a chip just remove the old chip and put it on the new cartridge that comes without the chip or buy the toner cartridges that come with a chip, I just bought three cartridges for $28 or something like that.

the chip just tells the machine how much ink is left, either way when you use the fake cartridges you're going to reset the toner life and it won't be accurate so you use your toner cartridges until you have no more ink printing on your papers, and make sure you have backups for scenarios when you run out of ink unexpectedly.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline joe1234

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2019, 01:24:55 AM »
what's the big deal if it has a chip just remove the old chip and put it on the new cartridge that comes without the chip or buy the toner cartridges that come with a chip, I just bought three cartridges for $28 or something like that.

the chip just tells the machine how much ink is left, either way when you use the fake cartridges you're going to reset the toner life and it won't be accurate so you use your toner cartridges until you have no more ink printing on your papers, and make sure you have backups for scenarios when you run out of ink unexpectedly.
Without the original chip the latest brother printers don't work...
It can be a hassle to deal with moving over the chip to the generic toner and after a while you may need a new chip and have to pay full price for an original toner...

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2019, 01:26:59 AM »
It can be a hassle to deal with moving over the chip to the generic toner and after a while you may need a new chip and have to pay full price for an original toner...
What's wrong with the off-brand ones that come with a chip they seem to do a fine job
or if you're a bit handy and you don't care to make a little mess you can buy the powder rather the ink and refill the toner yourself after watching a YouTube video or two.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2019, 01:29:55 AM »
information about needing the original chip with the latest brother printers is false, I just bought a brand new one from Costco this past month and it requires a chip, so I did a little research on what the chip is and how it works, as I wanted to know if I can buy a toner cartridge that has no chip or do I need to buy a one with the chip. I ended up buying ones that come with a chip only because whoever's at home to replace the toner I don't want to make it hassle for them to change and take out and remove the old chip.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2019, 01:36:33 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DRTLLNC/

these are the toner cartridges I purchased you can see, this is for the newer brother machines.
 I paid $23.95 for a pack of two, bought a few packs.
and if you look in the comments they come with a trip and yes I have the myself they come with a chip, they work great.

Offline joe1234

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2019, 06:40:48 PM »
information about needing the original chip with the latest brother printers is false, I just bought a brand new one from Costco this past month and it requires a chip, so I did a little research on what the chip is and how it works, as I wanted to know if I can buy a toner cartridge that has no chip or do I need to buy a one with the chip. I ended up buying ones that come with a chip only because whoever's at home to replace the toner I don't want to make it hassle for them to change and take out and remove the old chip.
i just bought a new brother printer last week and bought 2 seperate generic toners. they both didnt work... can be it depends when the printer was made, the later printers are updated not to work with the generic chips...

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2019, 09:33:43 PM »
i just bought a new brother printer last week and bought 2 seperate generic toners. they both didnt work... can be it depends when the printer was made, the later printers are updated not to work with the generic chips...
Did You try the ink from amazon above?
 I have that one now and works fine.

Offline Petar

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2019, 02:07:13 AM »
In some printers... Just taping over chip works.

Offline TimT

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2020, 12:06:22 PM »
I’m looking for a cheapish printer. Occasional copies, mostly for printing pictures. Am I better of with a cheap HP with the pricier 2-pack ink cartridges, or a canon that has the cheaper 5-pack individual color inks ?
Do I get a lot more for the pricier 2-packs than the cheaper 5-packs ?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2020, 10:09:26 PM »
I’m looking for a cheapish printer. Occasional copies, mostly for printing pictures. Am I better of with a cheap HP with the pricier 2-pack ink cartridges, or a canon that has the cheaper 5-pack individual color inks ?
Do I get a lot more for the pricier 2-packs than the cheaper 5-packs ?
With the assumption that you owned one of these printers in the past, is it really worth printing your own pictures vs paying a few ¢ per picture? Or is it because you need the pictures on the spot and for the convenience it's Worth every ¢?   

Offline TimT

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2020, 10:17:47 PM »
With the assumption that you owned one of these printers in the past, is it really worth printing your own pictures vs paying a few ¢ per picture? Or is it because you need the pictures on the spot and for the convenience it's Worth every ¢?
Kids always want to print pics.