DansDeals Forum > Trip Reports

Tallest peak in the alps- Shortest TR

(1/2) > >>

davidrotts63:
Ideally I would start a TR during the trip, or at least write some notes for one, but now I had no intentions of writing a TR rather I just sat down and prepared it in one go so excuse the laziness and whatever it’s missing.

Here is my incredibility short TR of my short trip to the French alps in Chamonix Mont Blanc, the tallest peak in the Alps.

Flights
Since we were all flying at the same time I chose to fly together with my companions, which meant I was flying economy, didn’t mind it as I wanted to fly some Y this year to keep my sanity and will do it again. Flying in to GVA out of TLV gives you multiple direct weekly flights, between Elal and Easyjet, booking 6 days out these flights weren’t on the radar as they were ridiculously expensive, or sold out. So we booked Pegasus with a short stop in SAW for under $100. For the return we were flying to different destinations, and at different times, so I was booking a solo flight. For 25k SQ+ roughly $200  I booked LX J via ZRH.

Accomodations
There doesn't seem to be any points options as far as hotels in Chamonix, so we booked the “Hotel Mont-Blanc” which was 1 of the 2 5* hotels there, with the other being sold out. The hotel looked quite nice, and was at the foot of the beautiful Mont-Blanc.

Sunday 01/13
We arrived at around 5AM to TLV for our 7:20 flight, after a long security process we made it to the Dan lounge  with just enough time to have a coffee and a small bite. We got on the bus and boarded in no time. With the plane being the hottest plane I've ever been on, then the combination of a really small seat on the 738 and my long legs, this was going to be a fun ride. In no time we were in the air and was fast asleep for about 20 minutes before the discomfort got to me and despite not sleeping the night before I didn’t sleep anymore. For our 1 hour stop in SAW we went to the ISG International CIP Lounge before going to the next flight to GVA.on the second flight I was lucky to have an exit row, which had amazing legroom. Upon arriving in GVA we took an Uber to Chabad where we discussed the kosher food situation before Davening Mincha-Maariv there.
For dinner we went to the Sushi spot, Ketori which IMO was extremely expensive aside from the stingy portions, and was really not that good at all. Although we wanted to go to the Kosher grocery store that night it was closed so we instead took a 1 hour taxi ride to our hotel for the night.
The Hotel was quite nice

And the view was amazing

We looked around the hotel and checked out the town before retiring for the night.

Monday 01/14
Since we didn’t get to get our food for the trip yet we had to go back to Geneva to shop, and then just spent the rest of the day touring the town as well as enjoying the outdoor pool and hot tub at the hotel overlooking the alps. It wasn’t much of a day, but was certainly a relaxing one.

Tuesday 01/15
We woke up early Tuesday and skied all morning. After going back to the hotel to relax and calm down for a few minutes we went on to go paragliding which was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The views from on top are one of a kind, and gliding over a town blanketed in snow is a once in lifetime experience.

And then of course, back to the hot tub with some beers.

Wednesday 01/16
More skiing of course, before going for some amazing night snowmobiling nearly an hour away.

The guides “house’”

Thursday 01/17
Time to head back to the, we arrived in the Airport 3 hours or so before my flight (mine was the latest of us 4)
Those 3 hours were spent across 4 lounges starting with all of us in the KLM lounge

With these 2 in between

-image missing-
And ending with myself in the LX J lounge

Before boarding a half empty A320 where I had the whole row 1 to myself, and was even served a Kosher “snack” on the half hour flight to ZRH.

In ZRH I had just 55 minutes in the Business Lounge which I really enjoyed aside from the fact that it was absolutely overcrowded. As a #AVgeek the balcony for plane spotting felt like home.

At the gate I managed to get a single seat, 5k

The view after takeoff was outstanding

farmbochur:
Nice TR - I got to see Mont Blanc from the top of Mont Fort just 7 days ago!

ludmila:
Thanks, loved the pictures.

dovid1375:
That meal looks pretty impressive

davidrotts63:

--- Quote from: farmbochur on February 19, 2019, 03:50:44 PM ---Nice TR - I got to see Mont Blanc from the top of Mont Fort just 7 days ago!

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: ludmila on February 20, 2019, 03:41:37 AM ---Thanks, loved the pictures.

--- End quote ---
Thanks!

--- Quote from: dovid1375 on February 20, 2019, 08:51:38 AM ---That meal looks pretty impressive

--- End quote ---
Wasn't quite that good, although that dessert, whatever it was, was quite good, and the Kosher wine (which I didn't drink) is a nice add on. The salmon was ok as well, but the main otoh...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version