Author Topic: Chai Lifeline  (Read 4103 times)

Offline Yitzshpitz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Chai Lifeline
« on: February 21, 2019, 03:23:44 PM »
I am seeing this 'Join The Fight" fundraising campaign for Chai Lifeline and they have someone doubling all donations for 48 hours. I do not recall them doing something like this recently, as it is usually a sign of financial struggles. I am a big fan of Chai Lifeline/Camp Simcha and contribute/volunteer for them but I am wondering about their fiscal responsibility. They raised close to 10 million dollars in net revenue from Bike4Chai, recently had their annual dinner as well as the Miami marathon and now are in need of a massive fundraising campaign for "increased programs/services". I do not doubt they need the money, my question is how are they are allocating and investing their money. Despite being one of the most widely recognized Jewish charity organizations which has received tremendous amounts of funding from the community, they are still struggling with meeting budgets. Perhaps someone has information as to why suddenly there are going through a difficult financial time.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Chai Lifeline
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 03:27:21 PM »
Perhaps your intial assumption is incorrect
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 03:33:24 PM »
I am seeing this 'Join The Fight" fundraising campaign for Chai Lifeline and they have someone doubling all donations for 48 hours. I do not recall them doing something like this recently, as it is usually a sign of financial struggles. I am a big fan of Chai Lifeline/Camp Simcha and contribute/volunteer for them but I am wondering about their fiscal responsibility. They raised close to 10 million dollars in net revenue from Bike4Chai, recently had their annual dinner as well as the Miami marathon and now are in need of a massive fundraising campaign for "increased programs/services". I do not doubt they need the money, my question is how are they are allocating and investing their money. Despite being one of the most widely recognized Jewish charity organizations which has received tremendous amounts of funding from the community, they are still struggling with meeting budgets. Perhaps someone has information as to why suddenly there are going through a difficult financial time.
I do know one of their biggest fundraisers who was working for them left or whatever happened(not important to know why) and started his own "chai 4 ever".  Have no clue if it's connected to each other as why they're looking for other sources of fundraising money?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Yitzshpitz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 03:37:08 PM »
Perhaps your intial assumption is incorrect

They have never done this previously and recently had big fundraising events. Also, usually thats what these types of campaigns usually indicate but maybe you are right

Offline whYME

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 03:46:43 PM »
They have never done this previously and recently had big fundraising events. Also, usually thats what these types of campaigns usually indicate but maybe you are right
I don't have the slightest clue about them, but I think the idea that a matching campaign is a sign of financial trouble is kind of ridiculous.

Offline joey89

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 09:27:32 PM »
I don't have the slightest clue about them, but I think the idea that a matching campaign is a sign of financial trouble is kind of ridiculous.

A lot of organizations use it as a way of consolidating small donors into a couple days, also it encourages small donors to stretch a bit more

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 12:08:21 AM »
As @myi pointed out, their biggest fundraiser (by far!) left a few years ago and took lots of donors with him when he started a new competing organization. They are trying to regain lost ground, but I can personally vouch for the fact that they do a TON of amazing, valuable, and much needed work. Also, their fundraising unit is getting bigger and better, and they’re close to where they were before he left. Right, @Zevi16 ?
It doesnt mean they’re struggling, it means they need alot of money. Considering they’re a nonprofit that is wholly funded by private donations, that doesn’t mean the same thing.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline SSLPhD

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 12:46:47 AM »
If you want to help support Chai Lifeline, always check out from smile.amazon.com, make sure Chai Lifeline is chosen as your charity.  I think Amazon donates 0.5%.
44/50, 46/63

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 12:54:35 AM »
If you want to help support Chai Lifeline, always check out from smile.amazon.com, make sure Chai Lifeline is chosen as your charity.  I think Amazon donates 0.5%.
Discussing portals are not allowed per forum rules.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 07:59:21 AM »

Smile works with Dan's referral code
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 01:06:12 PM »
Smile works with Dan's referral code
Learn something every day.. does it work with portals?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 01:06:23 PM »
Set myself up

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2019, 01:10:18 PM »
Learn something every day.. does it work with portals?
No. It needs to have Dan's referral code (?tag=cl03f-20) in there and not the portal's. If you have an address smile.amazon but still has the referral code it can still work.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019, 01:11:19 PM »
No. It needs to have Dan's referral code (?tag=cl03f-20) in there and not the portal's. If you have an address smile.amazon but still has the referral code it can still work.
Cool