Author Topic: Tapatlak + Kin  (Read 3861 times)

Offline Live N Learn

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Tapatlak + Kin
« on: February 22, 2019, 03:39:51 AM »
In the most recent Tapatalk update there's a feature called "Kin" which is similar to the current likes on DDF, but there are other ways to earn Kin, and I believe that a lot of DDFers will have an easier time figuring out how to feed their kids 'Kin" rather than or instead of "Likes". ;)

Here are two articles that explain what Kin is, and how it'll work...

What is Kin?

By: Eric Martin
Sep 1, 2018
(Disclosure: I own Kin and other digital tokens)

The goal of this article is to explain Kin to someone who has just stumbled across it somewhere. Maybe this article is the first place you’ve stumbled upon Kin, or maybe you’ve seen Kin in an app, heard it mentioned by a friend, or earned it somewhere without even realizing it was worth something. Whatever brought you here, I believe you’re in the right place to get introduced to Kin.

Here’s my definition of Kin:

Kin is a token that you can earn and spend in a growing number of apps, games, and services.
Based on this definition, Kin seems pretty simple, and it is. Kin is meant to be simple, easy to use, easy to understand, and easy to share with a friend. When I say “share with a friend”, I mean both sharing what Kin is, and also sending some Kin tokens to a friend. Both of these sharings should be easy.

Kin can be incorporated into any app, game, or website. As of right now, it’s incorporated into the Kinit app, which is available on iOS and Android (you can download Kinit here, if you’d like to). Kinit allows you to earn Kin and then spend it on things like Amazon gift cards. Kin is also partially incorporated into the Kik messaging app. The people behind the Kik messaging app are the same people who launched Kin.

Things are just getting started: Kin is in the process of being incorporated in over forty others apps, games, and services. A few examples are IMVU, a 3D avatar-based instant messenger; Nearby, a social network to get to know people who are geographically close to you; Vent, an app that lets people emotionally support each other; and Draft Fantasy, a fantasy football (soccer) app. Some of the 40+ apps are brand new and yet to be launched. Most of the apps I’ve listed are joining Kin’s developer program, which recently accepted forty developers or teams of developers who would like to incorporate Kin into their apps. An app that has Kin incorporated into it will allow you to earn Kin, spend Kin, or both earn and spend Kin.

Most people are familiar with spending something in an app: you might spend cash to get Gems in Clash of Clans, or you might spend those Gems on in-game power ups. But less people are familiar with earning within an app because it’s less common. Earning includes things like doing a survey to earn cash, watching a thirty second video ad for virtual currency, or signing up for a free informational packet on Sleep Number beds to be mailed to your house to earn more coins for the game Coin Dozer.

The power of Kin is not only that it will be usable in many apps, but also that it has a limited supply. A limited supply means that in the long run, there will only ever be a certain number of Kin, and no more. Kin has an algorithmic, digital component that keeps its final supply fixed.

The limited supply means that at first, many Kin tokens will be released in order to grow the ecosystem, but we already know how many will be released, and that number will never be exceeded. Inflation is when something grows, such as the number of tokens. We should never see an inflation of Kin tokens beyond the number of Kin that is already known and set in stone (or in this case, set in code). Because of this, Kin will never experience inflation like the U.S. dollar and other currencies have experienced. This also means that in the long run, as Kin is used by more and more people, its value should grow.

But how will Kin convince so many websites, apps, and games to start using it? The answer to this question lies within Kin’s design. 60% of the Kin tokens that will ever be created will go toward growing Kin’s ecosystem of apps. A small portion of that 60% will go toward marketing Kin to app developers and others, and the rest of that 60% will go directly to the developers and companies who are adding Kin to their apps, games, and services. The system for handing out this free Kin will be automated. The services that bring in the most people that are using Kin the most should receive the largest chunk of free Kin. Free Kin will be given out on a daily basis. To repeat the question, “How will Kin convince companies to add Kin to their apps? The answer is, “With money in the form of Kin tokens.”

Where might I see Kin in the future?
The Kin Foundation, which oversees Kin, has told us where we might see Kin. They believe Kin will be popular in seven different areas. The areas below are from the Kin team, and I’ve added a few example companies for each area in parenthesis that may or may not become partners with Kin. Unless they’re bolded, there is no indication that a company will partner with Kin. If bolded, the company is already an announced partner of Kin, but this list only includes a few of the partners that have been announced:

E-commerce communities (Shopify, Wish, OfferUp, Wayfair, eBay, Amazon.com, Jet.com, Walmart.com)
Education communities (Duolingo, Udemy, Skillshare, Coursera)
Gaming communities (Minecraft, Fortnite, Overwatch, League of Legends, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds)
Knowledge sharing communities (Quora, GitHub, Stack Overflow, Answers.com)
Messaging communities (SnapChat, Kik, IMVU, WeChat)
Social networks (Pinterest, Nearby, LinkedIn, Twitter, SnapChat — again)
Virtual goods/content communities (Twitch, Second Life, Imgur, Wikia, Tumblr, CNN, nytimes.com, Forbes.com, Medium, Reddit, MakerBot’s Thingiverse)
Kin is a digital token that tries to bring together many different apps, games, communities, and websites who are all offering Kin within their services. But why?

Here’s the goal that’s driving the Kin Foundation to align the interests of tons of apps and digital services: They’re trying to use the combined economic force of these communities to eliminate ads, increase privacy, and eliminate or lessen these and other annoying things in our mobile and digital worlds.

Alone, most of these companies would struggle to survive, but together, they can thrive. Have you noticed how Facebook’s Instagram copied SnapChat stories and how Google has bought tons of its competitors? The ecosystem that is being built by the apps that integrate Kin offers an alternative to the two largest firms on the internet: Google and Facebook. By joining forces and using Kin as the interest aligner that pays more cash to the apps that get more people using Kin, apps should no longer need to advertise or hoard user data to make money.

Kin has a welcoming, growing community of over 10,000 people. We’d love for you to join us! You can start by checking out the fairly exhaustive Kin Beginner’s Guide and FAQ (Unofficial) on Kin’s Reddit community.
[/qoute]

Kin in Tapatalk.
The main user activities in the app include creating content for forums, following forums from across the internet, and interacting with other users about a topic of shared interest (liking, commenting, etc). Once Kin is fully integrated into the app, Tapatalk users will be able to receive rewards for the content they add and interacting with the community, as well as gifting each other Kin for contributing to discussions.

This peer-to-peer use case is the result of a three-day workshop where we worked directly with the Tapatalk team to pinpoint the best fits for Kin in the app. Tapatalk team members from the U.S., Spain, and China spent three days with the team in Tel Aviv reviewing the user journey in the app, while working out the best solutions based on their product needs and shared goals.

What’s Next?
We’re working closely with Tapatalk to ensure that the integration goes live early in the new year. While Tapatalk is also available for desktop users, our efforts are currently focused on the mobile application. As with all partners, the integration will scale over time, as more users adopt Kin, and we’ll develop even more Kin-powered experiences once the initial rollout is complete.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 04:00:34 AM by User6669 »
".איזהו חכם, הלומד מכל אדם"

Offline Live N Learn

• View Profile
Re: Tapatlak + Kin
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 04:04:02 AM »
I'll give a Kin to first few that reply.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 04:53:46 AM »
I'll give a Kin to first few that reply.
Seems like a very nice article but way to long to read through.
 Can we get a summary of what all the above seems to say about kin?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 07:25:38 AM »
Last I checked you couldn't give kin in DDF, but now you can!
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 07:27:27 AM »
It's a scam! They can't transfer to any airlines
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 07:35:40 AM »
It's a scam! They can't transfer to any airlines
No worries, give all yours to me.

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 07:40:42 AM »
No!
It's free stuff I still want it.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 07:43:40 AM »
So if I'm not mistaken, 39k Kin is worth $1 currently? Current price is $0.0000255.

https://digitalcoinprice.com/coins/kin

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 09:11:23 AM »
So if I'm not mistaken, 39k Kin is worth $1 currently? Current price is $0.0000255.

At that valuation, it’s an embarrassment to even mention them in the same post (let alone sentence) as DDF likes. Switching to Kins in place of DDF likes could lead to major malnourishment (on the scale of Biafra)!
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 09:33:11 AM »

At that valuation, it’s an embarrassment to even mention them in the same post (let alone sentence) as DDF likes. Switching to Kins in place of DDF likes could lead to major malnourishment (on the scale of Biafra)!
Agreed. What a joke.

Offline Live N Learn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 06:35:50 AM »
Not bad. Will try it out.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 08:15:16 AM »
You get ads? I dont have VIP and dont get ads on dansdeals forums on tapa.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline Yehudaa

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2019, 08:59:19 AM »

I dont have VIP and dont get ads on dansdeals forums on tapa.

Same here.

Offline Yehudaa

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 09:03:28 AM »
So that's why I was just awarded 5 kin on a post that I made a few months ago :)  I was wondering.....

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2019, 10:48:03 AM »
You get ads? I dont have VIP and dont get ads on dansdeals forums on tapa.
+1
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2019, 04:41:23 AM »
So that's why I was just awarded 5 kin on a post that I made a few months ago :)  I was wondering.....
Lol I thought I had some quality posts that were worth the 5 kin I just received.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Live N Learn

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2019, 10:51:48 PM »
Btw I don't see anywhere the option to get the pro upgrade...

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2019, 01:38:52 AM »
Btw I don't see anywhere the option to get the pro upgrade...
Who said there was an option with kin? i only saw ad free.

Offline Live N Learn

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2019, 04:46:41 AM »
Who said there was an option with kin? i only saw ad free.
Correct. Don't see the option to redeem.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2019, 04:35:56 PM »
Correct. Don't see the option to redeem.
talkin about the pro version what does the pro version have that I don't get in the plain free version?