Author Topic: Difficulties changing a Star Alliance award ticket booked with Turkish  (Read 884 times)

Offline MendyP

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Hey all -

I booked a Star Alliance award ticket on United using Turkish Miles and Smiles for January. I need to change my dates and am having a lot of trouble doing so. Multiple reps at Turkish's 800 number indicated only the local US sales office can make such changes. One of these reps even changed my flight, charged me the $25 change fee, and only upon going to finalize/issue the tickets realized he couldn't and that I needed to go through the local US sales office (they refunded the charge). Meanwhile the NY sales office does NOT answer the phone or return messages, and I showed up to JFK T1 twice with no one there both times. I've tweeted Turkish, I've submitted feedback...

Any insights in how to resolve?

Thanks!!

Offline yids

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
I’ve had much better calling their Turkish local number. For some reason when I tried to call their US number the phone has been crackly and when they want to transfer me to the payment system it always dropped. The Turkish number has been better.
Registered Travel Agent - SK Assist

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
If you can refund and issue again that will be much easier
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline MendyP

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
@yids Yes! Their 800 number is very crackly and they will always tell me "Your line is not clear, I need to end this call". So frustrating. Which local office did you get through to? Due to coronavirus it seems they are not around...

@PlatinumGuy thanks - I've tried this on their website but it gives an error. Perhaps the 800 number would actually be able to do that instead of referring me to the local sales office. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
The Turkish call center can definitely refund tickets easily

+902124440849
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים