Topic Wiki

Pledge for Ad:

Mordyk: $10

Chayal101: $30

LNS: $50

Anonymous: $25
« Last edited by chayal101 on March 03, 2019, 11:16:28 AM »

Author Topic: Ad Campaign for spreading awareness anti credit card swiping businesses!  (Read 11560 times)

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Ad Campaign for spreading awareness anti credit card swiping businesses!
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2019, 07:37:47 PM »
How much are you hoping to collect for an ad to be published once or twice in a handful of publications?

Put that money into making a 1 minute video that can be shared on whatsapp and will be picked up for free by every website, that would have a far greater reach and impact.

It should be both.

Williamsburg/Satmar generally donít use smartphones/internet, especially the Yeshiva and Kollel Yungerleit. As others have stated, the warning should also be in Yiddish.

Also, Iíve suggested that the publications running ads for these credit card swipers need to be made aware that they are complicit in causing tremendous damage to Jews by allowing such ads. If people see such posters hanging in their shul or on lampposts and trees (which is common in Brooklyn) they should take them down. (Or ask someone with authority in the shul to take it down) This is the only way to eradicate this toxic practice.

Offline LNS

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2019, 08:49:38 PM »
How much are you hoping to collect for an ad to be published once or twice in a handful of publications?

Put that money into making a 1 minute video that can be shared on whatsapp and will be picked up for free by every website, that would have a far greater reach and impact.

most of these ads for signing up are in local papers or magazines and are obviously doing a great job attracting people that said i think a video would get a lot of views but its important to target the same places the scammers are
It should be both.

As others have stated, the warning should also be in Yiddish.

^ VERY IMPORTANT

Offline chayal101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2019, 01:11:36 AM »
From the designer:

"Also, upon thinking about it more I think that we lose a certain level of professionalism and community-wide relevance if the sign associates with dansdeals. People might dissociate with it If they don't think DD is a thing"

Personally, I agree with guy who put together the ad to omit a link to dansdeals post. The ad itself puts forth the main message very clearly! And for somebody who mentioned to write 'paid for by...' nobody over here is looking for any credit/recognition in organizing this ad. Who's with me on omitting the link? And Leaving ad as is? (I think the guy is still making some minor final touch ups...)
Chaya L.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #138 on: March 03, 2019, 01:17:17 AM »
"Also, upon thinking about it more I think that we lose a certain level of professionalism and community-wide relevance if the sign associates with dansdeals. People might dissociate with it If they don't think DD is a thing"
Don't know what this means.

Personally, I agree with guy who put together the ad to omit a link to dansdeals post. The ad itself puts forth the main message very clearly! And for somebody who mentioned to write 'paid for by...' nobody over here is looking for any credit/recognition in organizing this ad. Who's with me on omitting the link? And Leaving ad as is? (I think the guy is still making some minor final touch ups...)
Not saying who you are means that people wonder who is behind this and what their agenda might be.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 03, 2019, 01:24:56 AM »
Don't know what this means.
Not saying who you are means that people wonder who is behind this and what their agenda might be.
It does say on the top in small letterings: 'Urgent message from concerned members of our community' Isn't that enough??
Chaya L.

Offline Eliyohu

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 03, 2019, 09:59:20 AM »
I think a link would make it more legit, without people speculating who's behind it etc but otherwise it's perfect

Offline SSLPhD

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2019, 09:59:40 AM »
It does say on the top in small letterings: 'Urgent message from concerned members of our community' Isn't that enough??
I think it's enough.  To me, including a link says "hidden agenda."
AK,AZ,CA,CT,(DE),FL,HI,(IL),ME,MD,(MA),(MN),MT,NV,NH,NJ,NY,OR,PA,(RI),TX,UT,VT,VA,WA,WY

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2019, 10:15:05 AM »
I think a link would make it more legit, without people speculating who's behind it etc but otherwise it's perfect
this was already posted on Kol Haolam? We never confirmed final ad.. I guess someone just shared it... Can we get a vote? yes link or no link?
Chaya L.

Offline regular

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2019, 10:15:29 AM »
Made it to Kollel Haolam WA staus

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2019, 10:20:26 AM »
Shld we just settle on 2 versions of the ad? 1 with link and 1 without so everyone can feel free to share on social media whichever ad they like better? I think on social media it's fine to include a link, but I wouldn't print it in the papers.
Chaya L.

Offline Eliyohu

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2019, 10:28:45 AM »
this was already posted on Kol Haolam? We never confirmed final ad.. I guess someone just shared it... Can we get a vote? yes link or no link?
Yes, on their status.. I was surprised, I thought you'd post here first the final ad
I think it's enough.  To me, including a link says "hidden agenda."
I think no link and "concerned community members" says "hidden agenda" loud and clear. when there's a link it's very easy to see who's behind it then one can decide what the intentions are. I personally think a link to Dan's article is very credible and understandable where it's coming from. Concerned community members sounds like it's coming directly from someone who got screwed and there's another side to the story which may or may not be true...

Offline Definitions

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2019, 10:53:55 AM »
Originally I was of the opinion there shouldn't be a link. I couldn't explain the exact reason why I felt so.

Although I now think eliyohu is right about this comment
I think no link and "concerned community members" says "hidden agenda" loud and clear. when there's a link it's very easy to see who's behind it then one can decide what the intentions are. I personally think a link to Dan's article is very credible and understandable where it's coming from. Concerned community members sounds like it's coming directly from someone who got screwed and there's another side to the story which may or may not be true...

But I still sort of feel like the bit.ly link should be used and should just say "for a more detailed report"
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2019, 11:10:41 AM »
Next step: Papers to publish in-
Boro Park-
Yaated
Hamodia
Weekly Link
Torah Times
Luach Hatzibur- (they should also be called to STOP printing ads from these companies)
Kol Berama

Please add papers in your community. Maybe someone can add these to wiki and everyone can add/edit accordingly, so we're not bomarded with new messages on this? I can't add it myself as I'm using Tapatalk.
Chaya L.

Offline nescafe

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2019, 11:15:33 AM »
Next step: Papers to publish in-
Boro Park-
Yaated
Hamodia
Weekly Link
Torah Times
Luach Hatzibur- (they should also be called to STOP printing ads from these companies)
Kol Berama

Please add papers in your community. Maybe someone can add these to wiki and everyone can add/edit accordingly, so we're not bomarded with new messages on this? I can't add it myself as I'm using Tapatalk.

For these you would need a Yiddish version

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2019, 11:17:47 AM »
For these you would need a Yiddish version
correct. Still looking for a yiddish translator.
Chaya L.