Author Topic: Pro-Israel flight TR  (Read 2865 times)

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
Pro-Israel flight TR
« on: March 01, 2019, 02:35:25 AM »
Not much in the way of destinations but figured some might like the Doha part.

I booked with 40k AA from TLV-AMM-DOH-CRK (J)
My return was 63k AC for CRK-ICN-IST-TLV (J)

Flight to Amman:
Flying RJ I got lucky with the 787 with mostly lie flat seats for all 20 minutes of flight! I did ask why they fly the 787 to Israel on such a short hop and was told its all for the cargo (Trade is doing well I guess). Service was absolutely fine and the flight attendants (local to Jordan) were all very nice. What I found interesting is the fact they do a remote stand for this flight (You would think a 787 would get a gate)
Going through security I had no issue with my Tefillin (as some wrote they had), they did take them out to feel inside but nothing else. For the first time and sub-sequentially at each security check, my laptop got swabbed.
The lounge for RJ/QR is absolutely huge, one of the biggest I have seen (outside of QR in Qatar), ton of seating/drinks/fruits.

Flight to Qatar:
Again I got lucky flying the A350 as opposed to the A330 the normally operate. Service was outstanding seat was very comfortable. The only negative I feel is the lack of privacy given that the seat is right up against the aisle and there is absolutely no partition at all. When you do lay flat your head is only slightly blocked from the aisle. Once we landed we again had a remote stand but Qatar has a nice bus for business class passengers so no big deal.
I was slightly worried when I landed as I have a huge Visa (Aliya Visa) attached to my Passport from Israel. I exited through the Business Class lounge so I feel I had a more relaxed guard. He barely glanced at my passport and didn't ask one question.
I was planning on taking a day tour from the airport but misunderstood the agent thinking I can get it after immigration, however it is BEFORE immigration and once outside you cannot book any longer! So I went to information and they told me that I can take a bus into the city and then walk around myself. I was way to tired so just headed for the bus terminal got on a bus that drives all the way around Doha and Pearl-Qatar (the cost is 10 Rial or USD $3). There was no one else on the bus so I got a private tour from the Nepal Bus driver :).  The bus I took was the 777 and is like a coach bus, very comfortable. What I realized from my trip is that probably 70% of the population that you see in the main areas are foreign workers. I did not walk around with a Yarmulka but I feel that if I went again I do not think I would be nervous at all. People are all nice and helpful.

I went back to the airport and headed for straight for the business class check in and security. Given that my ticket was from RJ they switched for the Qatar background. This time when I went through security the lady did flip through my passport and when she reached my Israeli Visa she stopped for about 2 minutes reading the page carefully. She did not ask me any questions, just read it then stamped me through!
Again I had no issues with Tfillin at all (here they didnt even take them out). The lounge for Qatar Business Class is absolutely huge!! Probably the size of TLV airport alone (:D). They have a huge dining room in a "fancy restaurant" style seating with menus on the tables and waitered service. I headed straight for the quiet rooms to rest/sleep as it had been a long long day/night for me. The rest areas are very private, almost like a hotel room, with couches and a lounge chair, they have hangars and a small table if you want to eat/drink. You have your own TV as well. When you go to "Check in" they will bring you any type of drink you request and a big bottle of Water/Seltzer and Ice. I scheduled a time for the showers, that were located in this area. Showers here are great with a spacious area and good pressure (Unlike UA showers in HKG or Austrian in Vienna)!! I slept for a little and headed off to my gate which was again a remote stand, Due to the lack of a Business Class bus they made us all wait until the rest of the plane was boarded then we got our bus...they didnt want to mix us with the common folk :).
The flight was great, we all got Pajamas which were great just not as great as Eva Air (only other time I got). Seat again has a lack of privacy and very hard to look out the window. Given the blockade we did have a slight flight plan that put us over Iran then Pakistan which I was not too comfortable about (What would happen if we had an emergency there?) I do believe we were one of the last flights that flew over Pakistan before they shut the airspace.
Landing in Clark was a breeze there is nothing like landing at a small airport in a country where they hire a million more people then needed :). Bags came out super quick no line in security/immigration.

Return flight to be continued....

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
Re: Pro-Israel flight TR
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 02:49:50 AM »
Thanks. Did you take any pictures on your Doha bus tour?
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline Proisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 03:07:07 AM »
Thanks. Did you take any pictures on your Doha bus tour?

Yes..Will try to upload after shabbos

Offline Proisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 05:32:50 AM »
RJ 787 Business Class

Name of the RJ Plane  :o :o (For those who cant see it says Prince Hashem)

Jordan from the sky

Lounge free loader with no PP or business class privileges

Qatar A350-900

Flight map (I will be honest it is worrying what might happen in case the plane goes down here...)

Qatar J Class (still do not get the idea of having the seat by the aisle as opposed to the window. Would love an explanation.

Qatar:

Not sure what was happening here but there were these 2 Helicopters circling the entire Doha area with these flags hanging down

Offline Denverite

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 10:50:06 PM »
First, thanks for writing this up, I like hearing about the flight and lounge experiences, especially from Israel.

I also gotta ask. Why the heck were you flying to Clark? I actually lived on Clark (US) Air Force Base  as a kid because my father worked for the government.  I know it is a free trade zone now and there must be tons of commerce going on if Qatar and Korean have direct flights there.  Anyway just curious and I know this is just supposed to be a flight TR but if you have any cool Philippines pics, I’d love to see them!

Offline Proisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 04:11:58 AM »
First, thanks for writing this up, I like hearing about the flight and lounge experiences, especially from Israel.

I also gotta ask. Why the heck were you flying to Clark? I actually lived on Clark (US) Air Force Base  as a kid because my father worked for the government.  I know it is a free trade zone now and there must be tons of commerce going on if Qatar and Korean have direct flights there.  Anyway just curious and I know this is just supposed to be a flight TR but if you have any cool Philippines pics, I’d love to see them!

Clark is now number 2 behind Manila for call centers. I was out there on business. Its not only Qatar/Korean. Emirates/Cathay Dragon/Singapore(Silk Air) flies there as well now.