Author Topic: Loving Avis Right Now...  (Read 29806 times)

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
Re: Loving Avis Right Now...
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2011, 03:04:40 AM »
what planet are you on?

youre saying that people driving mercedes or beemers arent flaunting anything?

reality check, bro

and check your facts. the german car companies were actively involved in the nazi war effort

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2011, 03:11:05 AM »
Interesting enough the (original) volkswagen beetle was made by a jew.

Vw later took all the credit.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2011, 05:35:52 PM »
what planet are you on?

youre saying that people driving mercedes or beemers arent flaunting anything?

reality check, bro

and check your facts. the german car companies were actively involved in the nazi war effort

OK, bro. You win, bro.

(Note to self: Don't argue with "bro's". They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.)
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2011, 05:49:40 PM »
OK, bro. You win, bro.

(Note to self: Don't argue with "bro's". They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.)
im impressed, sounds so original. did you make that up yourself?

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2011, 07:38:36 PM »
 AJK, I was quietly following the nonsense here, but I need to stop you here.

One needs to be an absolute illiterate and moron not to realize that the holocaust was by far the worst in its kind that the jews have suffered.

6.000.000 in six years ! egypt was over a period of 210 years, or an equivalent should have been 210.000.000 killed, which wasn't the case.

The inquisition started in 1184, and officially is still active. That would mean an equivalent of 827.000.000, which wasn't the case. every generation there is someone that is the  honorary head of the holocaust, and today its our "dear" pope.

In the Holocaust also sfardim perished, and I don' know any ashkenazy family which didn't lose members in the hell, little over half a century ago.

Both my maternal grandparents for example, were the only left alive from their family, and my grandfather was in Auschwitz from 1939 till 1945 and walked the death march. (He was 6 foot tall [1.82m], broad built, and weighed at the end of the war 64lbs [29kg])

There is not a  day that I don't think of the holocaust, and mentioning Ukraine, Poland, Slovakia, Croatia, etc, sends chills down my spine...

Please be a little more considerate, before posting comments that would suit better a blood & honor crowd.

Offline sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2011, 08:17:50 PM »

One needs to be an absolute illiterate and moron not to realize that the holocaust was by far the worst in its kind that the jews have suffered.

6.000.000 in six years ! egypt was over a period of 210 years, or an equivalent should have been 210.000.000 killed, which wasn't the case.

The inquisition started in 1184, and officially is still active. That would mean an equivalent of 827.000.000, which wasn't the case. every generation there is someone that is the  honorary head of the holocaust, and today its our "dear" pope.

In the Holocaust also sfardim perished, and I don' know any ashkenazy family which didn't lose members in the hell, little over half a century ago.

Both my maternal grandparents for example, were the only left alive from their family, and my grandfather was in Auschwitz from 1939 till 1945 and walked the death march. (He was 6 foot tall [1.82m], broad built, and weighed at the end of the war 64lbs [29kg])

There is not a  day that I don't think of the holocaust, and mentioning Ukraine, Poland, Slovakia, Croatia, etc, sends chills down my spine...

Please be a little more considerate, before posting comments that would suit better a blood & honor crowd.

Very well said.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2011, 10:22:56 PM »

I did not mean to offend anyone, and it is clear that think you (and moish) took my comments personally. My apologies. Nothing in what I wrote meant--or should have been construed as--demeaning, belittling, or in any other way delegitimizing the atrocities that occurred during the Holocaust. I was simply trying to discern the reason why German products are singled out among the many products of other persecuting nations of the ages. That's a legitimate intellectual pursuit for which you should not feel the need--nor, for that matter, do you have the right--to "stop me here."

I understand you have some family that perished in the Holocaust, and because it is eminently evident that this is an extremely sensitive subject for you, i'll overlook your ad hominen attacks, and once again apologize for whatever it was that you construed as personally offensive.

P.S. What does this mean?:

every generation there is someone that is the  honorary head of the holocaust, and today its our "dear" pope.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2011, 11:06:26 AM »
The inquisition has never officially been abolished, so to as much as by my knowledge no one is being forced officially to convert christianism, the movement is still active, and the head of it is the pope. Its usually not the pope, but in this case is.

About losing "some" of my family: Taking just my maternal side; both my grandmother and grandfather had almost 10 brothers and sisters. Some of them had before the war themselves a similar amount of kids (age permitting). Statistically speaking, my mother could have had easily well over 50 first cousins. However, she has only one, which my grandmother herself dragged out of the queue leading to the gas chambers twice. As she was a young girl she she never mentally recovered from it, and is still not completely normal. My grandmother married shortly after the war, and being pregnant with a destroyed body, the baby came out ill, and this is still the case. That my grandmother was only able to use 30% of her lungs for the rest of her life among many more issues, I will not elaborate here.

The issue with a German car: I assume that every second or third pc you touch, or decent kitchen appliances contains German parts. However, people don't show off usually with a bosch mixer, but driving around with a big nice bmw or mercedes is something else.

In the same spirit, if someone is driving with a smashed volkswagen, although some might disagree, its not usually the case where people would feel that it is inappropriate.

People pride themselves with car, and yes it would be just as bad, if the polish, croats or other vermin were to produce fancy cars.

Offline mercaz1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2011, 11:11:36 AM »
+1 that ppl buy a car and like to show it off
if ppl didnt really care about thier car company then they would buy hyundai which is making pretty good cars now

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2011, 12:14:52 PM »
@SuperFlyer: I am sorry for your loss.

In that picture, though, in addition to the Mercedez logo, there are Nazi uniforms, Nazi weaponry, and other various Nazi paraphernalia. Do you similarly avoid Hugo Boss or Luger pistols? I guess my ultimate question is, why single out German auto manufacturers? There were dozens of companies that factored into the Third Reich's war machine. Some German and some not.

Finally, you believe that because a certain company/country provided materials/products to Nazi Germany means it supported its genocidal agenda? If so, you must also believe that America supports the Palestinian genocidal agenda, because, after all, America has not sold but given them over $3.4 billion in foreign aid, right?

+1 that ppl buy a car and like to show it off
if ppl didnt really care about thier car company then they would buy hyundai which is making pretty good cars now

Not to belabor this any longer, but NEWSFLASH: people DO buy Hyundais. (For extra credit reading, see here, here, and here.)

Done with topic. On to the next deal!

Offline mercaz1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2011, 12:25:10 PM »
ppl buy hyundais but they are not considered chashuv as a german car and dont make as much as a statement
and while you are right that the pic has hugo boss, i would equate that to buying a braun food processor there is a difference bet that and a car

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2011, 12:29:47 PM »
Didn't Mercedes-Benz use slave labor during WW2? I don't think they abused the Yidden into making the modern day washing machines or food processors we use...which probably didn't even exist back then.

Offline moish

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2011, 12:58:17 PM »
a change in attitude is in order. if he really wants to know the answer to his question, he must first give up his debate mindset, and read the entire thread from the beginning. all of his questions have been answered.

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2011, 01:30:39 PM »
a change in attitude is in order. if he really wants to know the answer to his question, he must first give up his debate mindset, and read the entire thread from the beginning. all of his questions have been answered.

+1

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2011, 02:15:33 PM »
Some people want to be right even if they are wrong...

Waste of time...

Offline Yeki89

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2011, 05:56:12 PM »
My grandfather only buys American cars out of respect to the country that offered him opportunity.  He would NEVER buy a German car. I understand him.  I just feel bad he only buys American as there are better options out there even without buying German.... :(   Oh well. He can afford to deal with the problems B"H.
would he buy a ford?

Offline sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2011, 06:03:36 PM »
would he buy a ford?

...I would imagine yes..
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline mclovin

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2011, 08:43:41 PM »
i assume he is asking that bec henry ford was a notorious antisemite but i dont think he ever did anything about it.

i just realized he might want to suggest a car made by ford not that u shouldnt buy one

Offline Yeki89

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2011, 09:26:58 PM »
...I would imagine yes..
do you know that henry ford was a big supporter of hitler ym"s

Offline Yeki89

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM »
i assume he is asking that bec henry ford was a notorious antisemite but i dont think he ever did anything about it.

i just realized he might want to suggest a car made by ford not that u shouldnt buy one
my history teacher said he wouldn't buy one....