Author Topic: Hawaii housing for 5 near Honolulu?  (Read 6825 times)

Offline SoCal Dude

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hawaii housing for 5 near Honolulu?
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2019, 06:21:05 PM »
We've been to all 4 islands, and while Oahu is definitely more crowded//busy, with kids we had a really good time there, as there was a lot to do, especially for the first time there - Aquarium, Zoo, Diamondhead, North Shore (including PCC), Kualoa Ranch, Hanauma Bay, Pearl Harbour, etc. We stayed at the Embassy Suites (used Hilton points) which is 1 minute from the beach, and every room is at least a 1 bedroom (we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom which was amazing with little kids). They also have free breakfast with a lot of Kosher food, and free happy hour. Parking was expensive, but that's everywhere in Waikiki. Oahu Kosher was also great as prices are very reasonable for Hawaii and they deliver to your hotel for a small fee ($5-$10 I think). Our last day there we stayed at the Courtyard North Shore for a night, just because it was connected to the PCC. Hotel was really nice for a Courtyard by Marriott (pool nicer than most Courtyards), but I wouldn't want to stay there more than a day or 2 as there's not too much going on there and there are no balconies, and even our ocean view had some power lines in the way. Kauai is still our favorite island, Maui probably 2nd, but with our small kids had a great time on Oahu as well. For relaxation and less people and commotion, the other islands are all better.

Yoshapman, thank you for the useful data.
We have enough Hilton points so we may do 1 night w/Embassy Suites & 4 nights somewhere else.  We make it an adventure & do some active items.
I am also looking at SCUBA as I'm certified but kids aren't.  We'll see.
We're investigating hotels vs AirBNB & so far AirBNB looks better.  Uber also avail so maybe only 1-2 days of car rental.
Thank you very much for your assistance.  Very useful.