Author Topic: aeroplan plan b  (Read 1086 times)

Offline bmw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
aeroplan plan b
« on: March 07, 2019, 09:07:59 AM »
Well known to dansdeals readers is uniteds plan b {which I recently used a few times and was upgraded on flights which had been showing completely sold out. Right before cabin doors were closed the groundstaff come to economy to upgrade my whole family to business class !!}.   

Another slightly similar phenomenon I recently had was with air canada using aeroplan points . One friend of mine booked ewr mel via vancouver for 67.5k in premium economy. However only the short haul leg had been available in premium. At the gate he was given premium economy for the long haul also. Without any asking. The same thing for a family of 4 paid 80K for business however only the long haul [mel to vancouver] was available. In vancouver at the gate they gave them new boarding passes for business class to newark !!

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Re: aeroplan plan b
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 10:40:44 AM »
This was on UA metal?

Offline joey89

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 10:47:49 AM »
Well known to dansdeals readers is uniteds plan b {which I recently used a few times and was upgraded on flights which had been showing completely sold out. Right before cabin doors were closed the groundstaff come to economy to upgrade my whole family to business class !!}.   

Another slightly similar phenomenon I recently had was with air canada using aeroplan points . One friend of mine booked ewr mel via vancouver for 67.5k in premium economy. However only the short haul leg had been available in premium. At the gate he was given premium economy for the long haul also. Without any asking. The same thing for a family of 4 paid 80K for business however only the long haul [mel to vancouver] was available. In vancouver at the gate they gave them new boarding passes for business class to newark !!
If they weren’t upgraded would they have received a refund?
If not, you are betting on the possibility of there being space, with the potential to lose the extra miles.

Offline bmw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 11:19:08 AM »
the aeroplan upgrade was on air canada flight. and no you dont get any miles refunded

Offline joey89

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 01:50:53 PM »
the aeroplan upgrade was on air canada flight. and no you dont get any miles refunded
So not really a plan b

Offline mrprez27

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 08:39:07 PM »

how is this like plan b for UA? im confused? also what exactly was going on...why did they give them J to newark? is this a mistake where if u book one leg J with points u get the other one as well? im confused.