Yisroel Bateinu
0 (0%)
New Right (Bennet, Shaked)
1 (3.4%)
Kahane Parties
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: April 09, 2019, 05:19:44 AM

Author Topic: 2019-2022 Israeli Election (See Also: Definition Of Insanity)  (Read 225828 times)

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Israeli election
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2019, 11:35:33 PM »
They definitely said Lapid is a non-starter, but they didn't put Bibi in the center of their campaign like Shas did. Had they done so, maybe they would have got more votes in Kfar Chabad and Beitar (amongst other places) rather than people voting Likud.
Who do chabad officially vote for?

Offline whYME

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2019, 11:37:11 PM »

I guess with certain developments in recent years that went counter to the Rebbe's instructions, I should have predicted more of a vote which cannot be aligned with the Rebbe's directive to vote for המפלגה החרדית ביותר. Very unfortunate.

Offline Jellybelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2019, 11:37:23 PM »
Would anyone know where I could find info on the litvishe shita on the state of Israel in general and specifically voting?
 I was shmoozing with a friend today and he was all upset about what satmer is doing now with their asifa in The stadium this week and their ads that they put out, saying that Torah Jews don’t believe in the zionist state. He was saying how it’s a chillul Hashem. So I answered him that the truth is, that our (litvishe/yeshivish) shita is much closer to what satmer holds than to what Netanyahu ( or more correctly the zionists of old) holds. And he was shocked, but I think I’m right. Does anyone know of any books or a website that would explain it?

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2019, 11:47:09 PM »

With one historical exception (in which the Rebbe instructed to support UTJ), the Rebbe's instructions have always been for individuals to vote for מפלגה החרדית ביותר, and that Chabad doesn't endorse any party.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2019, 12:20:30 AM »
the problem with some is that they side with Arabs against Jews other then that we never believed the Zionism is the correct path, although today's generation is much different as most of them are tinokos shenishbu.

someone once asked rav oirbach if they should protest with the arabs he responded CH'V the arabs protest the little bit of yiddishkeit that they have while we protest the lack of yiddishkeit
["-"]

Offline Baruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2019, 12:26:21 AM »
It definitely helps with the greater numbers of Shas and UTJ (with Shas pre-pledging support for Netanyahu, which wasn't that obvious in the past. Maybe UTJ should learn from them and make a similar pledge in the future).
From https://www.jpost.com/Israel-Elections/Gantz-beats-Netanyahu-with-largest-number-of-seats-coalition-unclear-586230
President Reuven Rivlin will meet with the heads of the parties that cross the threshold next week. Shas, UTJ and URP announced late Tuesday that they would recommend Netanyahu to form the government. Kahlon and Yisrael Beytenu leader Avigdor Liberman said they would wait for the final results.

Offline chinagel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2019, 12:30:56 AM »
Would anyone know where I could find info on the litvishe shita on the state of Israel in general and specifically voting?
 I was shmoozing with a friend today and he was all upset about what satmer is doing now with their asifa in The stadium this week and their ads that they put out, saying that Torah Jews don’t believe in the zionist state. He was saying how it’s a chillul Hashem. So I answered him that the truth is, that our (litvishe/yeshivish) shita is much closer to what satmer holds than to what Netanyahu ( or more correctly the zionists of old) holds. And he was shocked, but I think I’m right. Does anyone know of any books or a website that would explain it?
R' Reuven Grozovsky and R' Elchonon both have plenty written on the topic.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
2019 Israeli election
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2019, 12:36:09 AM »
From https://www.jpost.com/Israel-Elections/Gantz-beats-Netanyahu-with-largest-number-of-seats-coalition-unclear-586230
President Reuven Rivlin will meet with the heads of the parties that cross the threshold next week. Shas, UTJ and URP announced late Tuesday that they would recommend Netanyahu to form the government. Kahlon and Yisrael Beytenu leader Avigdor Liberman said they would wait for the final results.
Announcing this after the election, or even a couple of days before, isn’t enough to calm and convince the base that they wouldn’t sell out to Gantz if the opportunity presented itself (especially when some of the MKs such as Gafni and Eichler are perceived as left wingers).

Contrast this with Deri who knew that his base unequivocally wants Bibi as PM, so he campaigned under the banner of Shas supporting Netanyahu for PM, telling people that by voting for Shas they get two benefits for the price of one, they get the Shas social agenda with absolute support for Bibi as PM.
-- Dan

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
["-"]

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2019, 01:14:26 AM »
There was a book published recently called “The Empty Wagon”. I didn’t read it but I heard it’s excellent and very extensive.

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2019, 01:23:14 AM »
Sent PM

Offline Live N Learn

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2019, 01:45:29 AM »
Congratulations Netanyahu.
".איזהו חכם, הלומד מכל אדם"

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2019, 01:47:35 AM »
Congratulations Netanyahu.
Official or not yet?
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline Proisrael

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2019, 02:56:34 AM »
Official or not yet?

It is official that he will be Prime Minister, how many seats he gets is not official.  I am shocked by Zeut's and Bennetts destruction. Shaked aligned herself with the wrong person.

Offline Jellybelly

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2019, 06:38:23 AM »
R' Reuven Grozovsky and R' Elchonon both have plenty written on the topic.
Thanx where would i find it? Is it in a Sefer somewhere?
I think my friend would only be able to read it if it’s in English

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2019, 07:08:53 AM »
Thanx where would i find it? Is it in a Sefer somewhere?
I think my friend would only be able to read it if it’s in English
https://www.amazon.com/Empty-Wagon-Zionisms-journey-identity/dp/1642555541

I haven't read it,but my impression is that he had an agenda to marry the litvish hashkofa with satmar.

So in reality he's probably 80% accurate and 20% satmar influence. Not the pure hashkofa.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 07:12:58 AM by churnbabychurn »

Offline zh cohen

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2019, 08:10:52 AM »
Can someone explain, how this election helps anything? The previous government was vary narrow with approx 66 seats. Lieberman "quit" so a few months later Bibi called for new elections.
Wont it be the same way now all over again?
Bibi will create "right" government with the same narrow coalition, and then again Lieberman can bolt in a few months and were right back to were we were.

It helps with Bibi's legal troubles.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2019, 08:38:30 AM »
It is official that he will be Prime Minister, how many seats he gets is not official.  I am shocked by Zeut's and Bennetts destruction. Shaked aligned herself with the wrong person.
Zehut wasn't destroyed, it was never more than a cloud of smoke (pun intended). The non-commitment to support either support Netanyahu or Gantz definitely didn't help anyone who wanted to get in.

As for the New Right, they didn't really put forth a compelling story. They are seen as spineless opportunistic troublemakers that eventually do the right thing. So if my choice is between Shaked and another vote that might get Ben Gvir in, I am sure many would choose the latter.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 09:38:26 AM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2019, 09:39:05 AM »
Official or not yet?
https://ladaat.co/archives/24853

Probably by tomorrow afternoon (Israel time) we will have final results.
-- Dan

Offline th0306

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2019, 09:50:22 AM »
With one historical exception (in which the Rebbe instructed to support UTJ), the Rebbe's instructions have always been for individuals to vote for מפלגה החרדית ביותר, and that Chabad doesn't endorse any party.

So who generally is the מפלגה החרדית ביותר that you are saying UTJ was the exception?