Yisroel Bateinu
0 (0%)
New Right (Bennet, Shaked)
1 (3.4%)
Kahane Parties
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: April 09, 2019, 05:19:44 AM

Author Topic: 2019-2022 Israeli Election (See Also: Definition Of Insanity)  (Read 225829 times)

Online PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Israeli election
« Reply #220 on: August 07, 2019, 07:08:59 PM »
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-07/netanyahu-s-boxed-in-and-could-be-finished-at-next-election?srnd=premium
Well written

'“If there is a result as we see in the polls today, there will be formidable pressure for a national unity government” yoking Likud and Blue and White, “and this can go through only without Netanyahu,” said Gayil Talshir, a senior lecturer at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. “And he has no intention of leaving of his own will.”'

Not true IMO. Vast majority of the country is opposed to a national unity government. Most of the country is split into 2 groups Only Bibbi and Only Not Bibbi. Nobody wants a combination.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 07, 2019, 10:44:19 PM »
Well written

'“If there is a result as we see in the polls today, there will be formidable pressure for a national unity government” yoking Likud and Blue and White, “and this can go through only without Netanyahu,” said Gayil Talshir, a senior lecturer at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. “And he has no intention of leaving of his own will.”'

Not true IMO. Vast majority of the country is opposed to a national unity government. Most of the country is split into 2 groups Only Bibbi and Only Not Bibbi. Nobody wants a combination.
A unity government without bibi should satisfy the 45%+ who don't want bibi and its the only way to get rid of bibi.

Offline Jellybelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 07, 2019, 10:49:04 PM »
Just curious, if your not on the left, why would someone be anti bibi?
Isn’t it obvious that he’s close with Trump and that been very beneficial for Israel? Why not just keep him there till Trumps gone? Is it because of all the lawsuits against him? Is t cuz other politicians are power hungry and want their chance in the spot light?

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ADG

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 12, 2019, 03:09:57 PM »
Just curious, if your not on the left, why would someone be anti bibi?
Isn’t it obvious that he’s close with Trump and that been very beneficial for Israel? Why not just keep him there till Trumps gone? Is it because of all the lawsuits against him? Is t cuz other politicians are power hungry and want their chance in the spot light?

Switch these two words around and you got it.

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2019, 05:06:41 PM »
I really don't see how a government will be formed...unless Labor sits with Likud + United Right + Chareidim.
I know pollsters all put the Arabs in left wing camp, it's just not accurate.
So you have ~53-55 for the right wing camp
10 for Lieberman
~45 for left wing camp
And 11 for Arab

The math just doesn't add up. Crazy country
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2019, 05:16:30 PM »
I really don't see how a government will be formed...unless Labor sits with Likud + United Right + Chareidim.
I know pollsters all put the Arabs in left wing camp, it's just not accurate.
So you have ~53-55 for the right wing camp
10 for Lieberman
~45 for left wing camp
And 11 for Arab

The math just doesn't add up. Crazy country

I've been saying this for a while.

Though one never knows what will happen with politics. There can always be surprises. Depending on how parties harp on this, I really think Motti Steinmetz could become a game-changer.
-- Dan

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 12, 2019, 05:33:47 PM »
I've been saying this for a while.

Though one never knows what will happen with politics. There can always be surprises. Depending on how parties harp on this, I really think Motti Steinmetz could become a game-changer.
I don't think Motti Steinmetz will have any effect

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2019, 05:49:19 PM »
I don't think Motti Steinmetz will have any effect

Possibly. It depends on how things play out, and how different parties/politicians/press harp on it. So far, I think it might have had the effect of causing Smotritch to lose respect by some. He seems to be acting immaturely. I think that if played correctly, Lapid and Lieberman's responses could cause some moderate (or "sane" in Israeli parlance) people who contemplated voting for them switching their vote elsewhere.

It would be interesting if UTJ would be able to pull off a TV ad over this, not in order to bring votes to them, but rather in order to cause people to withdraw votes from radical anti-Yiddishkeit elements such as Lapid, Lieberman, and possibly others. With some good creative minds I think they could come up with a very effective message.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 06:08:01 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2019, 06:05:41 PM »
Um...Is this even making a dent in mainstream Israel media? If not, how could it possibly effect anything.

It's only mentioned as a side-story to Smotrich's complaints about Netanyahu's handling of har habayis issue on Sunday
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 06:11:17 PM by Ergel »

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 12, 2019, 06:15:31 PM »
Um...Is this even making a dent in mainstream Israel media? If not, how could it possibly effect anything

I'm not there, so I can't really tell much from a distance (other than seeing that as of today it doesn't seem to be in Israeli MSM if news.google.co.il is any indication). It would be the greatest PR miss IMHO if they don't leverage it.

Now Hidbroot seems to be indicating that there is some MSM responses to this (https://www.hidabroot.org/article/1128109), but the fact that it's not on page 1 (though I would imagine that the Netanyahu-Smotritch meeting which is a fallout from this is) seems to indicate a PR miss. There's still the supreme court, but I hope they don't wait for that.
-- Dan

Online PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 12, 2019, 06:30:48 PM »
It is all over the Israeli media.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2019, 11:50:38 PM »
-- Dan

Offline Proisrael

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2019, 04:45:24 AM »
If Likud can start working on 5 MK's in B&W now they should be able to pull off a win without Lieberman.

Online PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2019, 05:00:47 AM »
A unity government without bibi should satisfy the 45%+ who don't want bibi and its the only way to get rid of bibi.
Who's in the unity government without Bibbi? Frum won't. Arabs? That ain't unity.

Offline Proisrael

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2019, 06:48:33 AM »
Who's in the unity government without Bibbi? Frum won't. Arabs? That ain't unity.

The unity Govt is Bibi+Gantz+Lieberman

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2019, 06:52:02 AM »
The unity Govt is Bibi+Gantz+Lieberman

Ain't happening during our lifetime.
-- Dan

Offline zh cohen

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2019, 07:22:38 AM »
The unity Govt is Likud without Bibi+Gantz+Lieberman

FTFY

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2019, 07:24:24 AM »
FTFY

You've been drinking the kool-aid.

As all polls show, if it was a direct vote for PM Netanyahu vs anyone else would win in a landslide. When push comes to shove, everyone knows that of his opposition there's no one capable, let alone as capable as him.
-- Dan

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 15, 2019, 01:37:01 PM »
Amazing! Ha'aretz actually dares to publish something that everyone knows. Gantz is simply incompetent.

בעיה ושמה גנץ
אורי משגב 15.08.2019 02:00
בנסיבות אחרות היה אפשר למצוא בבני גנץ איכויות קומיות ראויות לציון. נטייתו לומר דבר והיפוכו, ובעיקר לא להגיד כלום על שום דבר. הריטואל הקבוע, שבו הוא מסתבך ומתפתל סביב שאלת החבירה לבנימין נתניהו, ואז ננזף מפי חבריו ופרסומאיו ונשלח בבהילות למקצה שיפורים. כישוריו המופלאים בשיבוש ביטויים ופתגמים ("אם בארזים נפלה שלכת", "נתניהו הציע לי חצי עולם ומלואו", "בנפול אויבך אל תירא", "מפלגת כחול איתן").

מעט כבד דיבור, קצת כבד שמיעה. פעם יש בעיה עם יונית באוזנייה, ופעם זו האוזן של האם–16. אנושי, לפעמים כמעט מכמיר לב, בחור טוב במובן הרע של המלה, ברוח האבחנה המרושעת של משה דיין. והכל בניגוד מוצהר לקו הלסת התקיף, למבט הכחול החודר ולקומה הזקופה. אלא שבזמן הזה, במקום הזה, כבר מדובר בדמות קומית־טרגית. זה לא באמת מצחיק, ואף יכול לקרב אדם לידי דמעות של תסכול.

לפני הבחירות הקודמות, כנשאל גנץ בדבר התעקשותו על ההובלה, יוחסה לו אמירה נבונה: אתה יכול להיות רמטכ"ל לשעבר רק פעם אחת. אלא שהפעם ההיא חלפה. לכאורה נכפו הבחירות החוזרות על כחול לבן; המפלגה התנגדה לפיזור הכנסת, בשם הממלכתיות והסלידה המוצדקת מתרגילי נתניהו. בפועל קיבלו המפלגה ואחיותיה לאופוזיציה, באדיבות אביגדור ליברמן, הזדמנות פז: מועד ב', ובתנאים משופרים.

כל זאת אחרי שנתניהו במצוקתו ותבהלתו ערב הבחירות ואחריהן הוריד את כל המסכות: חתירה לעסקת חסינות בניגוד להבטחותיו. זלזול בדמוקרטיה. בחישה בימין הקיצוני והפעלת כל כובד משקלו להכנסת הכהניסטים לכנסת. התמסרות לחרדים ולחרד"לים. בליעה חפוזה של "כולנו", תוך כדי אובדן מיידי של ארבעה מנדטים שהתחזו ל"ימין שפוי" ול"מרכז". מינויים ופיטורים בממשלת מעבר, בניגוד לכללים, כולל ליהוק שרים שהציבור הרחב סולד מהם (בצלאל סמוטריץ', רפי פרץ, דוד אמסלם). השתוללות בשליחותו במשרד המשפטים ובמשרד מבקר המדינה.

כל אלה היו יכולים לשמש חומר תבערה אלקטורלי — אם לא להעברת מאסות של קולות, לפחות להפחת רוח חיים ורוח לחימה במחנה המתנגד לנתניהו והנעתו לפעולה. אבל גנץ בעיקר מכבה. בלשון עכשווית, הוא בא להוריד.

גנץ מרבה להתפאר שכחול לבן היא סיפור, אבל בהנהגתו מאפיין אותה דווקא חוסר היכולת להציע משהו ביחס למשהו. לא תוכנית מדינית, לא תפישה כלכלית, לא התחייבות כלשהי בנושאי דת ומדינה, לא נקיטת עמדה בשום סוגיה הנמצאת על הפרק או עולה על סדר היום התזזיתי. מפלגת סטטוס קוו, משותקת מזעם הבוחר, משובצת גנרלים עטורי קרבות, הנזהרים שלא להרגיז איש. זו בעיקר פלטפורמה, שנתפרה אד־הוק להחלפת נתניהו — מטרה ראויה, ואפילו קדושה — אך לא ממש ברור בשם מה.

בולט במיוחד היחס התמוה והאמביוולנטי של גנץ לנתניהו. כאן התמוה כבר נהפך לתימהוני. אפילו חרפת ועדת ההיתרים לא הטרידה את מנוחתו השבוע. כשמזכירים לו שהוא אינו אמור לשבת עם נתניהו, ולא חשוב מה סדר הישיבה, הוא מתעשת ונתלה בסיבה יחידה: כתבי האישום שאינם מאפשרים לנתניהו לתפקד. גנץ נהנה להצהיר שאין לו שום בעיה אישית עם נתניהו.

אלא שלהמוני ישראלים יש ויש בעיה אישית עם נתניהו. מושחת ומשחית, מסית ומסיט, הוא מחריב את המדינה שלהם, ולפעמים מוציא להם את החשק לחיות בה. הם מביטים בכיליון עיניים אל מי שמתיימר להוביל את המחנה שלהם, ואז משפילים מבט.
-- Dan