Poll

Is it really possible to say every word in the tiffilah in the amount of time they do it?

Yes
No,impossible.
Every other word.
Thats why I daven nusach askenaz.
I end up skipping it because I would be the last one in the shul.

Author Topic: Kavey El Hashem-Ein Keloykeinu.How come in every shul i'm always falling behind?  (Read 19467 times)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Ok. I'm just pointing out that Chazzanim don't necessarily keep the nusach as it was done by the hamoin am. They are more likely to keep the nusach that some famous chazan or the other devised.
I am very well aware of how some "chazzanim" are more interested in the vocal acrobatics or musical themes than they are with the underlying nusach. Those are the exception not the rule and this one is most definitely not one of them.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
I am very well aware of how some "chazzanim" are more interested in the vocal acrobatics or musical themes than they are with the underlying nusach. Those are the exception not the rule and this one is most definitely not one of them.
I'm glad this one is not one of them, but I think you are judging very favorably when you say that what I described is the exception. :)

Online aygart

• View Profile
I'm glad this one is not one of them, but I think you are judging very favorably when you say that what I described is the exception. :)

Neh I am just defining chazzanim differently.

Offline yelped

• View Profile
Neh I am just defining chazzanim differently.
Lol. Yes, that makes sense now.

Online aygart

• View Profile
An employee whose father is a 3rd generation chazzan asked his father who also never heard of such a thing. This one I know is "into" accurate nusach,

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
An employee whose father is a 3rd generation chazzan asked his father who also never heard of such a thing. This one I know is "into" accurate nusach,
Don't know why we're still talking about this. Is it possible that there exists such a nusach/minhag? Sure. Common even? Maybe. But to think that it was the predominant nusach/minhag and we all forgot about it except one or two historian chazanim is highly unlikely, to say the least.

Offline yelped

• View Profile
Thanks. The ones I spoke to were from Hungarian and Galician descent. I also heard from a yekke that they have different nuschaos for each selicha. I don't know if it's the same as the Hungarian/Galician nusach, though. He sent me a link to this website to hear recordings of Yekke Nusach. www.kayj.net

Offline yelped

• View Profile
Don't know why we're still talking about this. Is it possible that there exists such a nusach/minhag? Sure. Common even? Maybe. But to think that it was the predominant nusach/minhag and we all forgot about it except one or two historian chazanim is highly unlikely, to say the least.
Not unlikely at all as ExGingi pointed out. It was definitely predominant in Hungary and Galicia.

Online aygart

• View Profile
I can see that you are not into nusach. There is tons that has been forgotten over the last 75 years. A big portion of this is how many of the larger shuls with chazzanim had become "less than frum" in addition to the younger crowd preferring either YI or aguda type minyanim where younger people who never really got the nusach became the balei tefila were davening for the amud. Every yom tov I hear people sticking yomim noraim nusach into YT musaf.

Online aygart

• View Profile
Thanks. The ones I spoke to were from Hungarian and Galician descent. I also heard from a yekke that they have different nuschaos for each selicha. I don't know if it's the same as the Hungarian/Galician nusach, though. He sent me a link to this website to hear recordings of Yekke Nusach. www.kayj.net
I am sure Levandowski who is the basis of most of the yekkishe nusach had something different for each one. It is possible that those areas had, but keep in mind that in yeshivos they are not even saying the same slichos as those areas.

Offline yelped

• View Profile
I am sure Levandowski who is the basis of most of the yekkishe nusach had something different for each one. It is possible that those areas had, but keep in mind that in yeshivos they are not even saying the same slichos as those areas.
I am not familiar with that, but I do know that the yekkes have different selichos than minhag Lita and polin.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
How about being half way through נענועים when the Chazzan continues to יאמר נא ישראל.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Essen est zich

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
How about being half way through נענועים when the Chazzan continues to יאמר נא ישראל.

I don't know about the sources for the movement and the reasons of the minhogim, in tehilas hashem siddur we only shake for hodu one time in that papagraph and once in the boruch haba paragraph.

In ashkenaz they shake for all hodus during halel.
Shloffen Shloft Zich