Author Topic: Possible to view taxes/fees on qantas.com award ticket with 0 miles in account?  (Read 1937 times)

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Hi,
I was intrigued with the Qantas mile transfer bonus from Citi TYP.  Looking to fly between US and Europe this spring.  Before transferring, I was checking to see how much taxes/fees/fuel surcharges would be on an award tickets operated by BA and AA.  I have 0 miles in my account today.  The furthest I can get on qantas.com is to select the flight, view the required amount of points, then I get this:
Please review the following items

You don’t have enough points. Here’s some options:
• Borrow points via family transfersThis will open a new tab or window in your browser. or use top up pointsThis will open a new tab or window in your browser. to purchase the points you need.
• Use a mix of points and cash to book a flight via Points Plus Pay - Flights, simply search hereThis will open a new tab or window in your browser. and select “Points, money or both”. Min 5,000 points required.
• Find another destination within your balance via the find flights link below. Need inspiration? Get it via our interactive flight search map hereThis will open a new tab or window in your browser..
Am I missing something?  Is there a way to get that info without transferring over the required miles OR without calling Qantas?

Offline TC610

• View Profile
Answered my own question.  Looks like there's no way to do it on Qantas' site unless you have the required miles.  Otherwise use ITA to find the YQ:

Carrier-imposed surcharge (YQ)
€269.00

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline points 99

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
i got plenty in my account. if you want to give me an example date and flight, I got no problem checking for you what the fees would be

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
i got plenty in my account. if you want to give me an example date and flight, I got no problem checking for you what the fees would be
mi kiamcha yisroel..
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline TC610

• View Profile

Wow thank you very much for the offer.  I ended up booking with UA instead and will use TYP for something else.  Thanks again!

Offline Alex1974

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Hi,
I was intrigued with the Qantas mile transfer bonus from Citi TYP.  Looking to fly between US and Europe this spring.  Before transferring, I was checking to see how much taxes/fees/fuel surcharges would be on an award tickets operated by BA and AA.  I have 0 miles in my account today.  The furthest I can get on qantas.com is to select the flight, view the required amount of points, then I get this:Am I missing something?  Is there a way to get that info without transferring over the required miles OR without calling Qantas?

I have the same issue. Trying to see if PHL-ZRH-PHL on AA booked with Qantas miles have high YQ/Taxes.
Can someone please check for me?

Thank you.