Author Topic: Possible to view taxes/fees on qantas.com award ticket with 0 miles in account?  (Read 535 times)

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Hi,
I was intrigued with the Qantas mile transfer bonus from Citi TYP.  Looking to fly between US and Europe this spring.  Before transferring, I was checking to see how much taxes/fees/fuel surcharges would be on an award tickets operated by BA and AA.  I have 0 miles in my account today.  The furthest I can get on qantas.com is to select the flight, view the required amount of points, then I get this:
Please review the following items

You don’t have enough points. Here’s some options:
• Borrow points via family transfersThis will open a new tab or window in your browser. or use top up pointsThis will open a new tab or window in your browser. to purchase the points you need.
• Use a mix of points and cash to book a flight via Points Plus Pay - Flights, simply search hereThis will open a new tab or window in your browser. and select “Points, money or both”. Min 5,000 points required.
• Find another destination within your balance via the find flights link below. Need inspiration? Get it via our interactive flight search map hereThis will open a new tab or window in your browser..
Am I missing something?  Is there a way to get that info without transferring over the required miles OR without calling Qantas?

Offline TC610

• View Profile
Answered my own question.  Looks like there's no way to do it on Qantas' site unless you have the required miles.  Otherwise use ITA to find the YQ:

Carrier-imposed surcharge (YQ)
€269.00

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline points 99

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
i got plenty in my account. if you want to give me an example date and flight, I got no problem checking for you what the fees would be

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 312
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
i got plenty in my account. if you want to give me an example date and flight, I got no problem checking for you what the fees would be
mi kiamcha yisroel..
Don't try to be someone else , be who you are because everyone else is taken.

Offline TC610

• View Profile

Wow thank you very much for the offer.  I ended up booking with UA instead and will use TYP for something else.  Thanks again!