Author Topic: Swaplease  (Read 4692 times)

Offline puddles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Swaplease
« on: September 19, 2011, 02:49:24 PM »
Does anyone know how to use swaplease? How much do they charge? Does it work with Honda?
Is there another way for me to get out of a lease early (2 years left)..
thanks

Offline Name Changed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum, SPG Gold, eBay Platinum
Re: Swaplease
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 03:00:21 PM »
Try calling your dealer where you got the lease from - if its a Jewish place.... There deff should be a dealer in NY (if thats where you got your car from) that will do it

There is a market for people that wanna take over a lease - cuz they will just take over your monthly payments and they wont have to pay the down payment and the big first month payment

Offline puddles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 03:04:04 PM »
I spoke to my dealer... who is frankly an idiot and said it cant be done..

Offline yakovwogi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA,CO,United,BA,Chase Saphire,National Exec.....
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 03:07:16 PM »
I used Swap-a-lease for a Toyota Camry.
Payed $150 to list my car until someone took it over.
It took about a week until my eventual buyer sent me his info and we started the process.

I liked the service they provided, and I had gotten rid of the lease in about 4 weeks from finding the buyer.

Keep in mind that the "jewish" leases are usually very attractive to others...
"we" don't really lose anything, because we dont usually put anything down, and the monthly payments are usually much lower than you see advertised+money down!!!
so your camry/accord/etc...at $250-300 a month is usually a great deal compared to other cars on swap-a lease-

Also RE:your dealer--they are usually very quick and efficient in getting you INTO a car but getting OUT of a lease is not something they love helping you with...
Call swap-alease and tell them your details and see what they say..
they described the whole process to me before I agreed to do anything with them:)

Good luck....

Offline puddles

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 03:10:59 PM »
thanks for the info! I would love to get a better deal, I saw an ad for an altima for 159 with nothing down

Offline hocker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 03:18:55 PM »
thanks for the info! I would love to get a better deal, I saw an ad for an altima for 159 with nothing down
there's a lot more than what meets the eye with that deal. college discount, loyalty discount, I'm stopping short of calling it illegal advertising.

Offline Name Changed

• View Profile
  • Programs: Avis Presidents Club, National Executive Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum, SPG Gold, eBay Platinum
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 03:25:09 PM »

Even with nothing down, you still gotta pay like $1400 first month (unless they have that built into the monthly payments)

Is this dealer a Jewish place? cuz if not I wudnt waste too much time on these ads ... ususlly they have 1 car in the lot at that price and when u come down they'll say it was already sold/leased but.......

Offline puddles

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 03:29:13 PM »
I know that there are differnet dealer incentives, but it still is worth it for me. if teh savings are 100 a month over 36 months I will walk out saving money. There is no question that the prices they advertise are generallyl not close to what your going to get

Offline Name Changed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 03:37:49 PM »
Just dont let those dealers swindle you into a price you dont have intention of getting into.

I have been in a handful of dealerships, I dont think a single one of them know what truth means yet alone say the truth

Offline ilikedeals

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 11:00:17 AM »
be careful.. sometimes the bank wont let someone else take over your lease... and sometimes theyll say someone can take it but fi they default they will come back to you to claim... thats what they told my family member when he tried to get rid of his maxima a month ago.. and swap a lease wont tell you this they will just take your money..

Offline yakovwogi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA,CO,United,BA,Chase Saphire,National Exec.....
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 11:04:12 AM »
be careful.. sometimes the bank wont let someone else take over your lease... and sometimes theyll say someone can take it but fi they default they will come back to you to claim... thats what they told my family member when he tried to get rid of his maxima a month ago.. and swap a lease wont tell you this they will just take your money..
In my experience with Toyota I was able to get confirmation from them that I was completely off of the lease.
No coming back to me for anything.
That was with Toyota...
Can't speak for Honda etc.

Offline David B

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold, IHC Gold, Hertz PC, National Executive
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 07:49:17 PM »
Does anyone know how to use swaplease? How much do they charge? Does it work with Honda?
Is there another way for me to get out of a lease early (2 years left)..
thanks

I have gotten my last 8 cars from people who listed on Swapalease....I have taken over leases on three Audi A4s, three BMW X3s, and one Land Rover LR3.  Audi was Volkswagen Financial Services, BMWs are BMW Financial Services, and LR was Ford Motor Credit.  Any questions...I am VERY familiar with the process.  Different leasing companies charge different application fees and transfer fees -- ALL leasing companies allow you to get out of  lease -- but ONLY when you have someone who will assume the lease from you.  NOTE: some of the leasing companies will want you to remain on the lease account in the second position after the 'New' lessee.  DO NOT DO THAT.  Make sure you are being release entirely from the lease.

Offline David B

• View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Gold, IHC Gold, Hertz PC, National Executive
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 07:51:59 PM »

Ford Motor Credit is notorious for trying not to tell you that you remain liable on the lease even though someone has taken it over.  If you insist, they will give you instructions to write a letter asking to be removed from the lease completely, and will usually approve.  However -- they will make sure the new lessee has credit as good as yours, or they will not approve the transfer.  Audi/Volkswagen will leave the original lessee on as a Co-Lessee.

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 07:55:09 PM »
David,  what's the upside of getting a car from them?
Is the monthly payment cheaper? Is there no down payment? Is it only worth it for higher end vehicles?
It would be greatly appreciated if u can elaborate a little bit on the maalos and chesronos.
thanx

Offline David B

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 09:32:48 AM »
David,  what's the upside of getting a car from them?
Is the monthly payment cheaper? Is there no down payment? Is it only worth it for higher end vehicles?
It would be greatly appreciated if u can elaborate a little bit on the maalos and chesronos.
thanx

I have done it a total of 7 times already.  The bottom line is the following - for the most part, when someone wants/needs to get out of a car lease, there is usually a compelling reason for them to want to do that.  A few times, I have taken over leases from people whose jobs were transferring them out of the country and they needed out of their leases, twice people wewre moving into NYC from the suburbs and the car was going to be too expensive for them to keep.  Every aspect of the deal you negotiate to take over the lease is completely negotiable -- so it all depends on how badly they want out.  The 'maalos' are pretty simple -- many people are pretty bad with math, and put large 'down payments' on lease in order to bring their monthly payments down.  Many will try to get some of that money back from the person taking over the lease -- but quickly realize if they want out it won't typically happen.  So I end up with a better deal than I could get leasing a new car, without paying anything at all to start the lease (again, negotiable items like a transfer fee can be paid by the first lessee).  You can get great deals on high end cars or any type of car -- I have stuck with higher-end cars that come with full maintenance so that I am not worried about taking over someone else's car, and whether they have maintained it properly.  That said, there are some great deals one can find on all types of cars.  The 'Chesronos' are that you can't always find exactly the car you want in the color you want, and each and every car is its own unique deal -- each one is a negotiation that can fall through at any time, etc.  The paperwork can take a few weeks to be processed, and required coordination between you and the other party.  And finally, you have to go the the DMV yourself as the last stage, waste a few hours, and have them register the car in your name as the new lessee.  It;s a far cry from going into the dealer (or to Wheels to Lease or similar), selecting whatever car and color you want, and picking it up from them without ever seeing a DMV office.   

Offline Name Changed

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 09:40:14 AM »
I have done it a total of 7 times already.
I have gotten my last 8 cars from people

7 or 8?

I total agree with what you are saying... you deff could get a great price on a car taking over a leas
Also you aren't committed for 3 years

Offline Nitantnel

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 10:31:01 AM »
I have done it a total of 7 times already.  The bottom line is the following - for the most part, when someone wants/needs to get out of a car lease, there is usually a compelling reason for them to want to do that.  A few times, I have taken over leases from people whose jobs were transferring them out of the country and they needed out of their leases, twice people wewre moving into NYC from the suburbs and the car was going to be too expensive for them to keep.  Every aspect of the deal you negotiate to take over the lease is completely negotiable -- so it all depends on how badly they want out.  The 'maalos' are pretty simple -- many people are pretty bad with math, and put large 'down payments' on lease in order to bring their monthly payments down.  Many will try to get some of that money back from the person taking over the lease -- but quickly realize if they want out it won't typically happen.  So I end up with a better deal than I could get leasing a new car, without paying anything at all to start the lease (again, negotiable items like a transfer fee can be paid by the first lessee).  You can get great deals on high end cars or any type of car -- I have stuck with higher-end cars that come with full maintenance so that I am not worried about taking over someone else's car, and whether they have maintained it properly.  That said, there are some great deals one can find on all types of cars.  The 'Chesronos' are that you can't always find exactly the car you want in the color you want, and each and every car is its own unique deal -- each one is a negotiation that can fall through at any time, etc.  The paperwork can take a few weeks to be processed, and required coordination between you and the other party.  And finally, you have to go the the DMV yourself as the last stage, waste a few hours, and have them register the car in your name as the new lessee.  It;s a far cry from going into the dealer (or to Wheels to Lease or similar), selecting whatever car and color you want, and picking it up from them without ever seeing a DMV office.   

LOL

Offline David B

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 04:30:08 PM »
7 or 8?

I total agree with what you are saying... you deff could get a great price on a car taking over a leas
Also you aren't committed for 3 years

I agree with the LOL -- it was a total of 7 cars.  Six were for me, one for my wife.

Online zevi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2015, 11:49:43 AM »
Is anyone in need of a paid premium account? I paid for account  and don't need it any longer.