Author Topic: Man livestreams himself shooting up a mosque  (Read 13077 times)

Offline DealKiller

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Man livestreams himself shooting up a mosque
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 12:19:59 PM »
Why is the title Livestream? Is that the story?
Sensationalism!

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 12:26:18 PM »
What is she trying to say?

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1106408088603713536

she lost me at 1st but I think it's harder to type "1st" then "first", but what do I know  ???
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline DealKiller

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2019, 12:30:29 PM »
What is she trying to say?
You asked so don't shoot the messenger.

Mr President, keep your worthless thoughts and prayers to yourself when you refuse to take basic steps to protect our own.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2019, 12:32:41 PM »
You asked so don't shoot the messenger.

Mr President, keep your worthless thoughts and prayers to yourself when you refuse to take basic steps to protect our own.

So she's making fun of prayer when talking about people who believe in the power of prayer?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2019, 12:33:00 PM »
Lol at your trying to divine AOC's meaning on this... Or anything.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline DealKiller

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2019, 12:40:49 PM »
So she's making fun of prayer when talking about people who believe in the power of prayer?
She is not making fun of prayer. She is saying the same thing many relatives of victims have been saying. We don't want your meaningless thoughts and prayers. WE WANT ACTION!!

"Meaningless" as in you are just saying what you believe you should say and don't mean it.

Offline Yonah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2019, 12:44:46 PM »
So before I jump in with my $0.02 - let me start by saying that this is horrible on many levels. At it's most basic, people praying were killed like lambs to the slaughter in their own house of worship. The fact that the killer was so stone-faced, announced his attack and live-streamed it - bothers me way too much. I don't know if playing to many video games densensitized this guy from the murder, but the web/message boards/social media, prompted him to turn it into a show.

Speaking of turning into a show - I give you Ms. AOC,a couple of points about her statement:
- She listed 3 attacks in the US, all perpetrated by White Supremecists
- By invoking the "thoughts and prayers comment", she's tying it to gun control - even though this didn't happen in the US.
- Interestingly enough, New zealand has about 1.2m guns in a country of 7m people, and yet their murder rate is 7 per million (US is about 50 per million across the board, higher in some areas than others).

Offline Savingsbeast

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2019, 12:44:47 PM »
I think that it was pretty obvious what she meant. Instead of taking action, some people, especially those in power, offer meaningless statements of sympathy.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2019, 12:47:06 PM »
So you're suggesting what exactly? The NZ PM say nothing and "do more"? What more exactly do you want her to have done?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2019, 12:47:21 PM »
She is not making fun of prayer. She is saying the same thing many relatives of victims have been saying. We don't want your meaningless thoughts and prayers. WE WANT ACTION!!

"Meaningless" as in you are just saying what you believe you should say and don't mean it.

"Meaningless thoughts and prayers"? Well, I suppose if you are an atheist then it's meaningless.

"We want action!". What action would that be?

Offline zale

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2019, 12:52:51 PM »
So you're suggesting what exactly? The NZ PM say nothing and "do more"? What more exactly do you want her to have done?

What they really want?

They want guns banned across the board. They want free speech criminalized. It's simple: AOC and her cohorts will set the rules of what is considered "hate speech" and will prosecute accordingly. All hate coming from the Left will be given a pass and all hate coming from the right will be criminalized.

Offline DealKiller

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2019, 12:53:30 PM »
"Meaningless thoughts and prayers"? Well, I suppose if you are an atheist then it's meaningless.

"We want action!". What action would that be?
Please read what I wrote. If you believe they are not sincere then yes they are meaningless. She/I did not say prayers are meaningless.

I am going to take a wild guess and the action the relatives of the victims are talking about is gun control.

Again don't shoot the messenger. 

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2019, 12:54:37 PM »
Please read what I wrote. If you believe they are not sincere then yes they are meaningless. She/I did not say prayers are meaningless.

I am going to take a wild guess and the action the relatives of the victims are talking about is gun control.

Again don't shoot the messenger.
Chaim, why would you think they're not sincere?

There is gun control in NZ.

Offline DealKiller

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2019, 12:56:04 PM »
I think that it was pretty obvious what she meant. Instead of taking action, some people, especially those in power, offer meaningless statements of sympathy.
Of course it was obvious what she meant. Some just choose not to acknowledge it because she says so many stupid things.

Offline DealKiller

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2019, 12:57:07 PM »
Why would you think they're not sincere?
I am going on the premise she is talking about Trump's comments.

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2019, 12:58:56 PM »
I am going on the premise she is talking about Trump's comments.
She's responding to a statement from the NZ prime minister, I don't see where this has anything to do with Trump

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2019, 12:58:59 PM »
What they really want?

They want guns banned across the board. They want free speech criminalized. It's simple: AOC and her cohorts will set the rules of what is considered "hate speech" and will prosecute accordingly. All hate coming from the Left will be given a pass and all hate coming from the right will be criminalized.

OK, so all the whining against the PM's (in all likelihood sincere) sympathy should be discarded as "meaningless and ineffective" and instead we (read: AOC and her cohorts) should blast her for not using her DeLorean, going back in the past, and outlawing (all? semi-automatic? automatic?) firearms?

What will they think of next? Par for the course with that one.

Offline DealKiller

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2019, 01:03:20 PM »
She's responding to a statement from the NZ prime minister, I don't see where this has anything to do with Trump
Her comments are about the US.

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2019, 01:05:11 PM »
While I get your point, in this case their enemy happens to also be our enemy. The guy who shot up the shul in Pittsburg did it for the SAME reason this guy shot up the mosque. White supremacists believe that the Jews are "opening the floodgates" of Western countries and purposely pouring in millions of Muslims to outnumber and exterminate the White race.

I'm not suggesting that you read what they write, but it's always good to know your enemy. I was reading 8chan last night based on a thread I saw on Reddit, before the mainstream media even broke the story about this shooting, and there were hoards of Neo Nazis celebrating this guy as a hero and cheering him on. He actually posted on 8chan about what he was going to do and told his Nazi buddies to follow his livestream on Facebook. After he shot up the first mosque, he got away in his car and the livestream cut off. They were begging him to shoot up a synagogue. I have screenshots of this.

They were ultimately pissed that he didn't attack any Jews, and that in his manifesto he wrote that as long as the Jews "stay in Israel" and don't migrate he won't attack them.
I am familiar, but the difference between us and them, is that there aren't any sect of jews carrying out terror attacks randomly the way radical Muslims do. So along comes someone who can't comprehend they're not all radical, and kills the innocent for the deeds of the radical. While completely wrong, it can at least be "masked" with avenging those lost to terror(a well person would understand this isn't so). Killing jews seems to jest be pure hatred. Regardless, I've said more than I'd like to on the topic, so I'll let it rest, as should the souls of all those killed.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2019, 01:06:43 PM »
What should we learn from this? That letting in immigrants brings out the deranged individuals?
I don't know, but if something like this happens, we can't undo it. I always pray that at the very least something good can come from it. What that is? I don't know.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.