Author Topic: Best Stopover Vacation Countries in Europe on Way to Israel  (Read 1165 times)

Offline schio

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Best Stopover Vacation Countries in Europe on Way to Israel
« on: March 08, 2023, 09:47:59 AM »
My family and I live in NY and plan on going to Israel in August and thought it would be nice to make a stopover somewhere in Europe from around Tuesday to Sunday.  I thought stopovers are supposed to be a good deal, but everything seems to be very expensive.   

Are there certain cities or airlines I should be checking which give better deals on stopovers?   I am open to anything, but was considering Rome for a few days and then Venice for shabbos.  I have been there, but my kids haven't.   Spain seems to be a little cheaper, but I am not as familiar with Spain.  Are Barcelona or Madrid good options (kosher food, shabbos...)? 

Any suggestions for where to go and the best way to book it would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: Best Stopover Vacation Countries in Europe on Way to Israel
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 03:02:21 PM »
Book Multi city, for example NYC>PRG-TLV-NYC. and book a separate one way from Europe to TLV.

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 04:24:29 PM »
Airwander.com is amazing when it comes to piecing together a ticket with a longer stopover. I've saved thousands through them.

They were down for a remodel for a few months- not sure if they're back up yet.

Offline Samy99

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 09:36:21 PM »
I have a similar question, going to Israel for a wedding in June for just 3 days and looking to stopover on the way back to NYC somewhere in europe, maybe Swiss or Italy, i would like access to kosher food and want it to be a panoramic destination over a touristy city, i would apricate if you guys can help me out what my best options would be in June.   

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023, 05:03:56 AM »
Use Kiwi.com and play with the filters.

The beauty is using the disadvantages of the layovers for the good.

Visiting places + (saving a ton * family members).

To TLV I visited, starting my trip in Europe, Athens, Warsaw, etc.

For instance in Warsaw, I flew into one airport early morning, rented a car ($35 Ford C-max) and visited the place, and returned the car by the other airport.

Athens I stopped for a day + night, and slept at an Airbnb.

In both instances I saved per person, After the extra stopover expenses approx $200-$300.

Another way is to look via the sites that allow that, for the cheapest destination in Europe, and you check a day or 2 later from that place to TLV. If from that place to TLV it is expensive, scratch that place and take the next one.

Good luck