Author Topic: Orthodox Jewish Chamber of Commerce calls On UA to address antisemitism  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Dawie

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Just got his email from Duvie Honig....... what's he angling for?

UNITED AIRLINES MUST PUT ITS PASSENGERS FIRST!

The  Orthodox  Jewish  Chamber  of  Commerce is responding to many complaints that United Airlines staff in Newark airport is humiliating, discriminating  and embarrassing  passengers and in some  incidents, abusing their authority to declare them as  security threats. Recent  headlines  in  the  news  shows  repetitive incidents where   United  Airlines  staff  are  asking  passengers to deplane  and  insulting   religious  men  and  in one incident a single mother traveling alone with her baby into security threats . The  Orthodox  Jewish  Chamber  of  Commerce  condemns  this  act  and  calls  on  United  Airlines  to  address, change, or  fire those employees and  train  their  staff and  make  an  official   statement  to the public  on this  matter.

Read More
https://www.ibtimes.com/orthodox-jewish-airline-passenger-says-anti-semitic-crew-deplaned-him-without-reason-2773777

Offline zale

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
The problem is that you can never know what really happened. I suggest that passengers wear body cams for their flight.

In fact, here is a business idea: open kiosks or vending machines in airports that leases body cams which you can return in the destination airport. You bring or buy your own micro SD card which you remove after the flight.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Question:

Answer:

make  an  official   statement  to the public  on this  matter.
with OJCC prominently featured.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline shwarmabob

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I don't mind if they train their staff, but I have to say that I travelled with United plenty. I can't say that it was always a pleasant experience but it had nothing to do with me being an Orthodox Jew only with them being United. They weren't any worse than any other airline. No Dr Dao moment here :)

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
I never had any issues flying United, either, and I'm sure that none of us here had, either. Seems like someone wants publicity and doesn't care about side effects.

Offline MeirS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

UNITED AIRLINES MUST PUT ITS PASSENGERS FIRST!

The  Orthodox  Jewish  Chamber  of  Commerce is responding to many complaints that United Airlines staff in Newark airport is humiliating, discriminating  and embarrassing  passengers and in some  incidents, abusing their authority to declare them as  security threats. Recent  headlines  in  the  news  shows  repetitive incidents where   United  Airlines  staff  are  asking  passengers to deplane  and  insulting   religious  men  and  in one incident a single mother traveling alone with her baby into security threats . The  Orthodox  Jewish  Chamber  of  Commerce  condemns  this  act  and  calls  on  United  Airlines  to  address, change, or  fire those employees and  train  their  staff and  make  an  official   statement  to the public  on this  matter.

Read More
https://www.ibtimes.com/orthodox-jewish-airline-passenger-says-anti-semitic-crew-deplaned-him-without-reason-2773777
Can someone translate?

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Is it possible that the jews in that area may be acting in a way that people may tend to like them less? Plenty of us fly out of ORD, and we get no special treatment. Renting a car here also comes abuse free.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
Can someone translate?
פיש אף מיר, קאק אף מיר - אבי אף מיר

Offline shaulyaakov

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
OJCC just seems like a parody account of the OU... reacting strongly to non-existent problems and then all of a sudden they magically solve them and pat themselves on the back.

Offline ib3

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
I never had any issues flying United, either, and I'm sure that none of us here had, either. Seems like someone wants publicity and doesn't care about side effects.
I have traveled with united to tlv. We were trying to make a minyan midflight. We asked permsission to daven in the back and were given the ok. In middle there was turbulance and we were asked to be seated. We did so immediately. After a while when it subsided we returned to the back only to be told rudely by one of the FA's that "the captain did not turn off the seat belt sign". Even though everything was calm.  At that point another FA picked up the phone to ask the captain to shut off the sign, which he did. The second FA gave us the thumbs up sign and we resumed to daven.
So yes  1st FA was making it very obvious that he's trying to be ride to us while the second one was helpful.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Orthodox Jewish Chamber of Commerce calls On UA to address antisemitism
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 11:22:04 PM »
I have traveled with united to tlv. We were trying to make a minyan midflight. We asked permsission to daven in the back and were given the ok. In middle there was turbulance and we were asked to be seated. We did so immediately. After a while when it subsided we returned to the back only to be told rudely by one of the FA's that "the captain did not turn off the seat belt sign". Even though everything was calm.  At that point another FA picked up the phone to ask the captain to shut off the sign, which he did. The second FA gave us the thumbs up sign and we resumed to daven.
So yes  1st FA was making it very obvious that he's trying to be ride to us while the second one was helpful.
Nothing rude occurred in that story, other than you failing to ask for permission to congregate in the galley while the seatbelt sign was on. The 2nd FA went above and beyond the call of duty though and should be commended.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ib3

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 11:37:01 PM »

Nothing rude occurred in that story,

Your right there was nothing rude in the story itself but the attitude was definitely rude/spiteful. I think that's what prompted the second FA to putpac.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2019, 11:39:24 PM »
Their job is to keep you safe. It's not fair to congregate like that with the seatbelt sign on without asking permission first. I'm not surprised you got a rude response to doing that as that's exactly what I'd expect would happen.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.