Author Topic: From the Parthenon to the Eiffel Tower to the Canals, a week across Europe  (Read 10384 times)

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Very nice TR! Thanks for taking the time to post,especially with pictures! Looks like a beautiful and enjoyable trip. Glad you liked BA"Ghetto Milky and the recommendation!

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
Very nice TR! Thanks for taking the time to post,especially with pictures! Looks like a beautiful and enjoyable trip. Glad you liked BA"Ghetto Milky and the recommendation!
Thank you!

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Wow, amazing and beautifully written, and mostly what I chapped hannah from was for a trip that you planned on the go. Seems to me that you did a month+ worth of planning, you knew exactly where you wanted to go and where to eat and which trains to take and which hotels. A+

"For the hotel we couldn’t not stay at the Park Hyatt in Paris, which I booked for 30k Hyatt, a lot, yet comforting considering the cash rate of roughly €1,000"

What's the normal rate that your calling this expensive or what did you expect to pay for a room for one night?

And not to forget, nice crisp sharp pictures, very detailed, loved the binocular pic. Btw which phone were you using for those shots?

How many companions joined you on this trip?

Nice pics of the dancing of the guards, but may I ask what nude stone sculpture are they guarding?

"the large selection of cheap alcohol made me feel right at home."

I though you drank the good stuff, and not the cheap stuff at home?! ;)

Yes indeed beautiful pics of the apls.
To bad you didn't have your phone open the the avlb rooms for the park Hyatt and asked to be changed and then show them the rooms showing on the website as avlb.(asking for trouble! :)). )

Can I ask what was that green main dish which looked like avocados or lettuce in a dish?

What's that Blue beam of light coming off the Eiffel tower? Gives a nice twist to your your 2nd picture. Liked!

"But as we pulled out of the Eiffel Tower area we saw Ferraris to rent, starting at €89. (I was outvoted on this, and) We somehow ended up taking separate cars, and paying another €20 to go to a special place to floor it, it was now €109 PP, from just €89 total."

So what speeds did you manage to pull off? How many were you that you needed two cars?
 How far was the auto bon?

"being last to board again we needed to have our bags checked."

What's with you guys and boarding last?
 How long did you guys have to wait for the bags?

"For some reason the regular seat were €89 a seat, and €109 for “first class” on Italo but when searching 2 seats the prices drop drastically, coach to €79 a seat, while Salotto which is “first class” but in a cabin of just 4 seats each dropped to €75 each. Naturally we booked the cheapest, yet best seat."

Good for you, Nice lie flat 1st class! ;)
 You had any pax in the other seats or you guys and that's it?
 Have yet to see such a glitch in regards to airline tickets.

"Disclaimer: the following photo is filtered, still amazing."
     Yes the water does look filtered. Nice and blue! We wanted to see you, why the need to filter! :(

"where we walked again, to Gam Gam, a meat restaurant. Prices weren’t bad at all, but the food didn’t impress me much."

At least you had a nice cold CORES Light.

Was that Cheese and Honey? And what about that black stuff on you pita pizza?

" At security we were seemingly the first to pass, and because of our 7 AM departure time. Security refused to allow us through 6 hours prior to the flight, but after convincing them that we had a lounge membership at the 24 hour Plaza Premium Lounge they opened the security lane and we made it to the lounge. "

Good for you guys! Why should they care if you wait inside or before security?

"The legroom on Norwegian Exit Rows is just ridiculous on the 738 allowing me to have a lovely sleep before a timely arrival in  TLV. "

How'ed you always manage to pull off the exit rows? Paid extra? Your flying an econFirst.

Curios what you guys used to get to and from TLV airport to Jerusalem?

Overall really beautiful, we'll written trip report, and amazing pictures, the pictures give life to your writing, just hearing where you went is nice, but to envision it is a semi real feel.

Can't wait till I get to see the next TR!
 A+
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
Wow, amazing and beautifully written, and mostly what I chapped hannah from was for a trip that you planned on the go. Seems to me that you did a month+ worth of planning, you knew exactly where you wanted to go and where to eat and which trains to take and which hotels. A+

"For the hotel we couldn’t not stay at the Park Hyatt in Paris, which I booked for 30k Hyatt, a lot, yet comforting considering the cash rate of roughly €1,000"

What's the normal rate that your calling this expensive or what did you expect to pay for a room for one night?
that's the nightly rate at the hotel, which is not cheap even for a typical 5* across the world

And not to forget, nice crisp sharp pictures, very detailed, loved the binocular pic. Btw which phone were you using for those shots?
mostly a Pixel 3XL, but a few on a Note 8 as well

How many companions joined you on this trip?
just one, not everyone can pick up and go

Nice pics of the dancing of the guards, but may I ask what nude stone sculpture are they guarding?
"an unknown soldier" according to Wikipedia, I know nothing more about that

"the large selection of cheap alcohol made me feel right at home."

I though you drank the good stuff, and not the cheap stuff at home?! ;)

Yes indeed beautiful pics of the apls.
To bad you didn't have your phone open the the avlb rooms for the park Hyatt and asked to be changed and then show them the rooms showing on the website as avlb.(asking for trouble! :)). )

Can I ask what was that green main dish which looked like avocados or lettuce in a dish?  some sort of Indian Style Chicken

What's that Blue beam of light coming off the Eiffel tower? Gives a nice twist to your your 2nd picture. Liked!
it shines around Paris every night

"But as we pulled out of the Eiffel Tower area we saw Ferraris to rent, starting at €89. (I was outvoted on this, and) We somehow ended up taking separate cars, and paying another €20 to go to a special place to floor it, it was now €109 PP, from just €89 total."

So what speeds did you manage to pull off? How many were you that you needed two cars?
 How far was the auto bon?
wasn't too fast as we were in a city. But IIRC about 140 KPH

"being last to board again we needed to have our bags checked."

What's with you guys and boarding last?
 How long did you guys have to wait for the bags? has to do with one if your later questions :)
And the bags didn'ttske long at all

"For some reason the regular seat were €89 a seat, and €109 for “first class” on Italo but when searching 2 seats the prices drop drastically, coach to €79 a seat, while Salotto which is “first class” but in a cabin of just 4 seats each dropped to €75 each. Naturally we booked the cheapest, yet best seat."

Good for you, Nice lie flat 1st class! ;)
 You had any pax in the other seats or you guys and that's it? we owned that cabin ;)
 Have yet to see such a glitch in regards to airline tickets.

"Disclaimer: the following photo is filtered, still amazing."
     Yes the water does look filtered. Nice and blue! We wanted to see you, why the need to filter! :(

"where we walked again, to Gam Gam, a meat restaurant. Prices weren’t bad at all, but the food didn’t impress me much."

At least you had a nice cold CORES Light.

Was that Cheese and Honey? And what about that black stuff on you pita pizza?
yes, and what pita pizza?

" At security we were seemingly the first to pass, and because of our 7 AM departure time. Security refused to allow us through 6 hours prior to the flight, but after convincing them that we had a lounge membership at the 24 hour Plaza Premium Lounge they opened the security lane and we made it to the lounge. "

Good for you guys! Why should they care if you wait inside or before security?
think Walmart security guards

"The legroom on Norwegian Exit Rows is just ridiculous on the 738 allowing me to have a lovely sleep before a timely arrival in  TLV. "

How'ed you always manage to pull off the exit rows? Paid extra? Your flying an econFirst. see earlier

Curios what you guys used to get to and from TLV airport to Jerusalem?
train, and bus back

Overall really beautiful, we'll written trip report, and amazing pictures, the pictures give life to your writing, just hearing where you went is nice, but to envision it is a semi real feel.

Can't wait till I get to see the next TR!
 A+
thanks